Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Learn all about shoes in NBA 2K13 in the latest Developer Video, including visual improvements, more brands available and the customizable Shoe Creator.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 VDusen04 @ 09/27/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Stupid question here so if I get mocked I deserve it...

Can non-created players be edited to change their shoes and does anyone here give a list of what changes should be made in-game?
If I understand correctly, if, say, Jason Maxiell of the Detroit Pistons is wearing generic shoes, you're wondering if you can change his shoes to something of your choice, like the shoes he'd actually be wearing this season? If that's what you're wondering, then yes.

There are, however, exceptions. For instance, any player who is signed to Nike or Jordan and is wearing a pair of Nikes or Jordans by default, cannot have their shoes changed from the brand to which they belong.

# 102 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/27/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Stupid question here so if I get mocked I deserve it...

Can non-created players be edited to change their shoes and does anyone here give a list of what changes should be made in-game?
Players who have on generics can be switched to any of shoe companies. With that said, if some has a contract you won't be able to change to a different company. Kobe can't wear UA or Adidas.

# 103 mrmass413 @ 09/27/12 05:45 PM
Dang....I'm so stoked Tuesday is to far

# 104 cavsfan2 @ 09/27/12 05:48 PM
Suddenly a wild Ronnie appeared

# 105 Panicshade @ 09/27/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
If I understand correctly, if, say, Jason Maxiell of the Detroit Pistons is wearing generic shoes, you're wondering if you can change his shoes to something of your choice, like the shoes he'd actually be wearing this season? If that's what you're wondering, then yes.

There are, however, exceptions. For instance, any player who is signed to Nike or Jordan and is wearing a pair of Nikes or Jordans by default, cannot have their shoes changed from the brand to which they belong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
Players who have on generics can be switched to any of shoe companies. With that said, if some has a contract you won't be able to change to a different company. Kobe can't wear UA or Adidas.
Thanks for the replies and that makes sense for the players under specific shoe contracts

# 106 VDusen04 @ 09/27/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the replies and that makes sense for the players under specific shoe contracts
I neglected to address the second part of your original post. If you have access to XBox Live or PSN, many people usually create and upload rosters featuring players wearing all the correct shoes (or as close as possible). If you don't have an online connection, I believe there are threads created here at OS each year where folks share proper shoe update information.

Often the OS 2K Roster Forum is a solid place to find something reliable to download; a lot of great working going on over there.

# 107 Panicshade @ 09/27/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
I neglected to address the second part of your original post. If you have access to XBox Live or PSN, many people usually create and upload rosters featuring players wearing all the correct shoes (or as close as possible). If you don't have an online connection, I believe there are threads created here at OS each year where folks share proper shoe update information.
I would be on 360 and I have Gold so I shouldn't have a problem getting the rosters

# 108 da ThRONe @ 09/27/12 06:23 PM
This is a nice touch as far as details are concern. I tend to perfer them to pay more attention to the modes and game play, but I know just being around OS many people like this so more power to those who love this kind of additions.

# 109 LionsFanNJ @ 09/27/12 06:29 PM
bigball showed off there's a shoe editor that's pretty damn in depth for existing shoes as well. No more Fauxdans it seems.

And my god they finally increased the res of the shoes. Glorious.

# 110 joel0078 @ 09/27/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Ummm... OS.
I think what he means is association fans are eager to see an insight about association progression and changes. The fact that you have left out (up to this point with the release days away) 'developer insights' on association mode and feel it's a better insight to promo "sneakers" has association folks assuming not much was done to improve it.

Certainly you can respect their displeasure. In the big picture of things, I'd be willing to bet at least 3/4 of your fan base couldn't care less about shoes. I mean no disrespect. I'm just in the same boat. You put an insight up about sneakers, rather than some info on association. As a fan, I can only assume nothing worthy of mention was changed in association?

But this does look pretty cool. I'm glad to see the realism and all the options!

# 111 23 @ 09/27/12 06:43 PM
Actually wish we could've seen what else was available besides the Nikes or whatever but soon enough

# 112 ChrisHansen59 @ 09/27/12 07:49 PM
I can't wait to make the GOAT shoe and have it made for myself.

# 113 richie923 @ 09/27/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
That does suck for the players that switch endorsements like Wade for this upcoming year. If I had to bet, we will not be able to change his Jordan to Li-Ning (Generic)

# 114 seanbarkley @ 09/27/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
That does suck for the players that switch endorsements like Wade for this upcoming year. If I had to bet, we will not be able to change his Jordan to Li-Ning (Generic)
...if you are on a PS3.

# 115 DirtyNeedles @ 09/27/12 08:14 PM
so can we finally create real jordan colorways?

# 116 youvalss @ 09/27/12 08:34 PM
Very nice addition. The more customization - the better.

# 117 richie923 @ 09/27/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
...if you are on a PS3.
Which I am hah. But, why is that?

I am sure the they might edit that out with roster updates.

# 118 Panicshade @ 09/27/12 08:57 PM
Weren't some shoes unlocked with NBA Today updates or codes last year?

I know there were jersey additions like that but I thought they did that with some shoes also.

# 119 bprint101 @ 09/27/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNeedles
so can we finally create real jordan colorways?
i hope so, been waiting on this

# 120 cmebfresh @ 09/27/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
just try to create some shoes that look like some li ning

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.