Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.04. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
  • Pokecheck less effective in HUT
  • Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
  • Increase penalty calls across the board
  • Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
  • Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
  • Increase likelihood of interference being called
  • Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
  • Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
  • Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 canucksss @ 09/27/12 09:39 PM
ok...im using MK's slider with few adjustment of mine in my BaGM with 9 mins per period.

1st Game penalties - CPU 1 vs Me 6 (3 of which were committed by my CPU teammates)

2nd Game penalties - CPU 1 vs Me 2 (all of which is committed by CPU teammates)

although i like this tuner so far with the CPU being aggressive (my aggressive is MAX) compared to my previous games (i used 1.02 tuner). BUT IM NOT SEEING PENALTIES FROM CPU opponent.

# 22 BigPoppa17211 @ 09/27/12 09:47 PM
Just played 2 games on all star, 10 min, slightly modified sliders. I lowered game speed and acceleration, upped penalties to max and left the rest on default.

1st game both had 3 pp
2nd game I had 4 the cpu had 3

Safe to say the tuner works so far.

# 23 eF 5ive @ 09/27/12 09:51 PM
I use my slider set I made tinkering with other peoples. I'm in be a gm..

10 Minute periods.

Rangers vs Devils.

NJ has 4 penalties and I had 2. Start of the 2nd period about to happen. Is this around the number i'm shooting for or should I decrease?

# 24 johnnyrocks @ 09/27/12 09:56 PM
I played 5 minutes on Pro.

I got 3 Penalties, while the CPU only had 1.

I don't know how you guys do it, but I don't see the CPU trying to do anything although I do like their aggressiveness a lot!

# 25 tvman @ 09/27/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGabbyHenrik
Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.

so if I use "current" this goalie improvement does nothing? that stinks.

also does 1.04 include any of the stuff that made 1.02 unbearable?
I'm assuming if you start out on either normal or hardcore you'll be fine, they change to current if you make even one change to a slider.

# 26 Majingir @ 09/27/12 09:59 PM
Do you set tuners to V1.04 or Latest in the settings(or are both just the same?)

# 27 Rules @ 09/27/12 10:01 PM
Played 2 periods (20 minutes each) sliders maxed on All-Star

Zero penalties!

Played a full game (10 minute periods) sliders at default. I erased everything and redownloaded the latest tuner 1.04.

Rangers (me) 3 penalties: High sticking, interference, cross checking.
New Jersey Devils (CPU): ZERO penalties!!!

Played one period (10 minutes) still All-star and latest tuner.
Jacked all of the penalty settings:

ZERO penalties!!!

What's left to say. Frustration has officially set in.

# 28 NICKD83 @ 09/27/12 10:02 PM
This tuner is what the game needed. Now a patch to fix the problems with line changes ion BAGM then were good to go.

# 29 Gramps @ 09/27/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Danger
I wish I saw what you saw. I play 20 minute periods on all-star with full penalty sliders and full aggression. Again, I played a game with the new tuner and got 2 total penalties called.
Game one: 20m periods/pro simmed two periods, played third. Two total calls.
Game two: 7m periods/pro/hardcore 8 total calls played full game.

Best game i've played in two weeks.
Oh, these were played in BAP Goalie

# 30 Rules @ 09/27/12 10:22 PM
I just want to know CPU penalties. The game has called some human penalties.

What am I doing that I cannot get a CPU penalty if my life depended on it???

# 31 Rules @ 09/27/12 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGabbyHenrik
i have penalty slider up to the max and most of the calls I get on the cpu are usually when I get them caught towards the end of a shift and they are tired. this is when I see trippings, hooking, high sticking, etc
Ok, let me drop the CPU recovery to 0.

# 32 eF 5ive @ 09/27/12 10:40 PM
I dont know much about penalties but both me and the devils were living in the box. Nj got called for a major i dont know what it was tho. Had a 5-3 opportunity at one point and failed to cap on it.

# 33 MizzouRah @ 09/27/12 11:00 PM
New tuner.. AS, 8 minute periods.

Lost 5-4 against Minnesota and there was 5 penalties total. Love what I'm seeing so far!

# 34 Keytosa @ 09/27/12 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks65
Do you guys cycle the puck around? I notice I have to make the defense take a penalty because I out work them. They end up taking them just like real life. I don't why but to me I saw a lot of cool penalties.
I've noticed this too (only played one game but I draw 2 of my 3 penalties like this).

For those of you seeing no penalties, this is what I did:

1. Download the tuner
2. Go to your settings and change the tuner set to 1.04 (not most recent)
3. Save your profile
4. Start a new Be a GM and be sure to select tuner 1.04 in the settings
5. Edit your settings in Be a GM; be sure to select tuner 1.04 (I used pm83's sliders but you can use your own - make sure penalties, CPU penalties and CPU teammate penalties are maxed)
6. Play the second home game in the regular season
7. Play and enjoy

# 35 Rules @ 09/27/12 11:04 PM
Looks like the game is scaled for only 5 minute periods.

Rangers (Me): 2 penalties: Roughing, tripping
Devils (CPU): 2 penalties: Slashing, roughing

Ugh better than nothing but I can't play 5 minute periods as it is way too short. When I up the minutes it seems that I get less calls on both sides.

# 36 Section_25 @ 09/27/12 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Looks like the game is scaled for only 5 minute periods.

Rangers (Me): 2 penalties: Roughing, tripping
Devils (CPU): 2 penalties: Slashing, roughing

Ugh better than nothing but I can't play 5 minute periods as it is way too short. When I up the minutes it seems that I get less calls on both sides.
I'm at 6 min. periods and it seems just right for me. After about 10 games I'm seeing on average 2 or 3 per game for CPU and around 5 or 6 for me.

# 37 punkologist @ 09/27/12 11:42 PM
This sounds like it fix the 2 most frustrating things in the game for me. The rediculous success the CPU has shooting from where the blue one meets the boards and the frequency of your player getting tripped from behind. Should be good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

# 38 pk500 @ 09/27/12 11:45 PM
Tuner set 1.04 SUCKS on Pro.

I saw little or nothing of what's promised in two offline games, Pro, eight-minute periods, no slider adjustments. Everything default. Itemized deductions:

All Modes
Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
NO. Not one tripping call in two games even though my forwards were being clipped at the shins like the back of a bad mullet at the barber shop.

Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
YES, and that's unrealistic. Snipers still should be able to score on slappers from the tops of the circles on a rush.

Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
YES.

Increase penalty calls across the board
NO. Same amount as before. One or two per team in a game with eight-minute penalties.

Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
Don't know. I played everything default to test.

Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
NO. Hell, I hacked at guys from bad angles just to test this. Nothing.

Increase likelihood of interference being called
NO. Not one interference penalty called in two games.

Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
NO. Never saw it.

Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
NO. Not once.

Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released
YES. And this makes the difference in AI awareness between CPU defenders in their slot and CPU-controlled defenders in human team's slot even more unbalanced. That's the biggest problem in NHL 13 offline. The AI defenders have such active sticks and good positioning in their slot and around their net. My CPU-controlled defensemen and backchecking forwards stand around like zombies, with wet noodles as sticks.

I saw no broken sticks in two games, another detractor of realism compared to the other tuner sets.

Tuner set 1.01 still is the best. The most balanced, organic and similar to the brilliance of the demo.

Why the hell doesn't EA leave well enough alone? Why must it respond to every minority yelp from the community?

# 39 redslumber @ 09/27/12 11:51 PM
Are the increased penalties bullsh*t calls like getting an elbowing minor when going for a hit, or are they legit calls?

# 40 pk500 @ 09/28/12 12:26 AM
Maybe the third time is a charm. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I played a third game with tuner set 1.04, Pro, eight-minute periods, everything default.

Much better results. I got a slash for aggressive stick lifting, and I saw an interference and a roughing call among the three or four penalties called on the CPU. Hell, I actually had a 5-on-3 power play!

The CPU is more aggressive on offense and defense with this set. So it's more essential than ever to dump and chase and cycle the puck in the offensive zone to create chances and keep the CPU shot totals. You must try to play a possession game on offense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.