Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.04. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
  • Pokecheck less effective in HUT
  • Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
  • Increase penalty calls across the board
  • Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
  • Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
  • Increase likelihood of interference being called
  • Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
  • Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
  • Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tvman @ 09/28/12 10:28 AM
So I do have 1.04, if I were to go online now and am told there is a new tuner to d/l and i accept will I no longer have 1.04, does it get deleted? I don't want to lose it!

# 82 Taku @ 09/28/12 10:31 AM
Better to try downloading with another profile to see what version is available. I'm not going to download with my main profile.

# 83 jake19ny @ 09/28/12 10:31 AM
I only had time to play one game. Rangers (me) Toronto (cpu) saw a difference I took 6 penalties cpu took 2. I lost 3-1 good game but I felt the cpu was not as aggressive. I out hit them badly which was never the case. Felt the goalies gave up to many soft bouncy puck goals. That being said Redshirt did say in the other thread that this was not a completed version and more of a test. He wanted feed back from us so they could fix it. perhaps we should be posting our results and feedback in the thread he started and we can do it without saying stuff like this tuner sucks and what not. Its clearly a test version and Thank God they are working on it and our constructive feedback will help them.

# 84 geisterhome @ 09/28/12 10:50 AM
strange! there is no tuner update to download for me, before i always got informed that a new tuner set is available via through that box in the lower right corner of the "home screen" where they also annouce that ew "moments" are ready for download.

# 85 tvman @ 09/28/12 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Better to try downloading with another profile to see what version is available. I'm not going to download with my main profile.
Ok i'm clueless with this stuff. Can i somehow save my profile that has 1.04 to use offline and then go online and d/l any new one that might be available? I tried making an offline profile but it only showed 1.00 for tuner.

# 86 Therion7 @ 09/28/12 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
strange! there is no tuner update to download for me, before i always got informed that a new tuner set is available via through that box in the lower right corner of the "home screen" where they also annouce that ew "moments" are ready for download.
If you already had 1.03 then you are completely up to date. I had no new tuner box either this morning so deleted my settings. You'll get the tuner box on a restart after doing that but it will only take you back to 1.03 again. 1.04 has definitely been shelved for just now.

# 87 Taku @ 09/28/12 11:01 AM
Well im not sure does different profiles have separate tuners or patches. I just play without connecting to internet.

# 88 jake19ny @ 09/28/12 11:11 AM
Checked out the EA forums and EA Noun posted a message about it. Turns out the tuner was causing massive online issues so it was taking down while they work out the bugs.......hopefully it will be fixed and up soon. Once again us offliners play second fiddle to the online gamers lol....no it sounds like it was causing real crashing problems... perfectly understandable that they took it down. Funny Redshirt mentioned how it is tricky to fix these things without causing issues elswhere.

# 89 tvman @ 09/28/12 11:12 AM
Quote:
Well im not sure does different profiles have separate tuners or patches. I just play without connecting to internet.
I was reading about how to save your profile to a usb stick, I guess that is an option.

# 90 Taku @ 09/28/12 11:16 AM
And still i wonder why there is no separate tuner for offline play.

# 91 pk500 @ 09/28/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I tested it last night and liked what I saw from tuner 1.04. There was finally a good number of penalties called.

I love the gameplay right now, so I hope EA won't touch to it too much going on. Only things I would like to see tuned or patched are:

- Tune down goalies anticipation / lateral movements speed / number of desperate saves.

Great passing plays are more difficult to make this year because of better defense, which is a good thing, but when we are able to make them, it should be pretty high percentage shots. Right now, when on a 2-on-1, it's pretty useless and irrelevant to try for a pass, because even if we beat the defenseman with the pass, which is not easy to do, the goalie will stop it almost every time. Every goalie in the game has superhuman anticipation and lateral movements this year and they also make a lot of desperate saves. These kinds of saves are pretty rare in real life and that explains the wow factor surrounding them, but in NHL 13, they happen every game, multiple times. This also can't be tuned with the goalie reaction speed slider, because the goalie will let in weak goals while still be great on passing plays and making desperate saves.

- Make CPU players use their sticks more and actually poke check the puck, what they almost never do right now.

- Correct some hits and hip checks where players can do a 360 in the air or go directly in the stands or pass through the board.
Dude, you're spot on. Especially with your first point.

# 92 JezFranco @ 09/28/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
This!
How it should've been run since they introduced tuners in the first place.
Offline and online is simply separate worlds.

# 93 tvman @ 09/28/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Maybe they think there would be to much confusion with separate tuners for online and offline. The way the kids on easports.com carry on, lol.

# 94 Taku @ 09/28/12 11:46 AM
Yeah, playing hockeygames was easier back in 1988.

# 95 Taku @ 09/28/12 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2AP...feature=relmfu

Player's language was similar though.

# 96 eF 5ive @ 09/28/12 12:22 PM
I have xbox live but i was doing an offline gm. I dl'd the tuner. Will mine be gone too? I was having a blast lastnight. I didnt notice penalties because my hockey iq is a -2, but all the PP's last night in my games were great. A lot of clearing from both sides, and hearing the announcers talk about how i cant capitalize on mistakes. CPU seemed to play different too. A lot more interaction? Kind of broad. Hard to explain :0

# 97 canucksss @ 09/28/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
i bet you're far smarter than some of the developers of tuners @ EA

i'll remove my internet connection for 360 for awhile.... so far i like what i saw in 1.04.

and yes.... online game is the priority of EA over offline gamers. i guess EA earn extra $$$ from them. i dont give a damn as long as EA address the glaring issues in offline..im satisfied.

# 98 Taku @ 09/28/12 01:35 PM
I wish wrist shot accuracy would be little lower, right now it's possible to snipe top corners quite often with accuracy slider 0...

# 99 Splitter77 @ 09/28/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
I wish wrist shot accuracy would be little lower, right now it's possible to snipe top corners quite often with accuracy slider 0...
i agree.
so far i think the only sliders that work are the shot speed sliders.
The others you cant really tell the difference.

# 100 canucksss @ 09/28/12 01:48 PM
Quote:
have you tried increasing goalies reaction speed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.