Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.05. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Increased goalie ability to stop slower shots from distance.
EASHL Only
  • Goalies ability to move laterally and stop one-timers toned down.*
  • AI Skating attributes in EASHL increased slightly to keep up with User player progression.
* There will still be amazing saves, however, there is now a greater range in how well the goalie may read the play which on average will yield better offensive results on good passing plays than it was in the past.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vikes1 @ 10/12/12 08:47 PM
Thank you for the heads up, Taku!

Very happy about the slower shots from distance being addressed.

Vs the cpu, it can get a bit frustrating having your goalie get beat by a simple wrister from just inside your blue-line. Imo...too often.

Post release support, quite impressive this year!

# 2 bwiggy33 @ 10/12/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Thank you for the heads up, Taku!

Very happy about the slower shots from distance being addressed.

Vs the cpu, it can get a bit frustrating having your goalie get beat by a simple wrister from just inside your blue-line. Imo...too often.

Post release support, quite impressive this year!
No question a huge addition. This was a major problem with all of us complaining about the comeback AI. Half the time the CPU's goals all came from some whimpy wrist shot from the blue line so it made it seem like the CPU had to cheat in order to make a game out of it. The one thing I hope is that this fix also includes goalies being better on rebounds on these shots. That's another huge issue with this problem because the goalies will just let it bounce right off their pad and the CPU will just stand there and tap it in. Goalies need to be able to direct pucks to the corner with their stick, or paddle down and freeze the puck on slow shots like that.

# 3 ki11joy @ 10/12/12 10:12 PM
Is the default hardcore game speed still as fast as 1.04? I really disliked how they increased it from 1.00 all the way up to 1.04.

# 4 crosbie87 @ 10/12/12 10:50 PM
Glad EA is continuing to find solutions and fixes for this game but I gotta say the game is playing GREAT right now with the penalties fixed and 1.04. I am not downloading ANYTHING ! It happens all the time that a tuner is supposed to do one thing but it ends up screwing with the gameplay and I am not taking that chance !

# 5 Tonic @ 10/12/12 11:42 PM
I'll run a test game with these in Be a GM and will post results soon

# 6 Carolus Rex @ 10/13/12 01:11 AM
Why has the goalies ability to make superhuman saves on one-timers only been fixed for online pay?

# 7 Mikey88 @ 10/13/12 01:13 AM
The game is great right now. Really impressed at how much better its gotten since release.. So many issues addressed in such little time! Great job EA!
edit - any plans on releasing a roster or are we waiting until the NHL season starts?

# 8 savoie2006 @ 10/13/12 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
The game is great right now. Really impressed at how much better its gotten since release.. So many issues addressed in such little time! Great job EA!
edit - any plans on releasing a roster or are we waiting until the NHL season starts?
I know it's time consuming, but using Petrpuck's site is probably gonna be your fastest and most accurate way to go this year (and most any year). The only thing is, you can't use his online . Still for offline, it's great not having to worry about EA and when they are gonna finally have complete and usable rosters.

As for the Tuner, I kind of wonder if the penalties weren't tweaked a bit more. I actually drew 5 penalties on the Cpu in a game tonight

# 9 canucksss @ 10/13/12 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I know it's time consuming, but using Petrpuck's site is probably gonna be your fastest and most accurate way to go this year (and most any year). The only thing is, you can't use his online . Still for offline, it's great not having to worry about EA and when they are gonna finally have complete and usable rosters.

As for the Tuner, I kind of wonder if the penalties weren't tweaked a bit more. I actually drew 5 penalties on the Cpu in a game tonight
so you think its okay to have this update? im enjoying this game with 1.04 and your sliders. if this will not affect the improvement regarding penalties in 1.04 BUT improved further, it will be worth of having it.

will wait for your update in ur slider thread.

# 10 Taku @ 10/13/12 08:41 AM
Cpu feels kinda weak on all-star, I'm playing on Superstar now and that really made a difference for me...

# 11 lybo_systemetOHC @ 10/13/12 09:15 AM
Does the goalie change include EASHL human goalies also ?

# 12 ajhFI @ 10/13/12 02:25 PM
Nice!

Those "floater" goals were so annoying!

# 13 Vikes1 @ 10/14/12 02:17 AM
I've only played two games in GM mode so far with 1.05, but gotta say I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far.

The goalies seem more solid now, is maybe a good way to put it. Yeah, those rather weak shots from way out like Bwiggy mentioned, beating your goalie was driving me freaking nuts. Very happy we got V1.05. Thank you, EAC. Nicely done!

# 14 canucksss @ 10/14/12 02:20 AM
Quote:
I've only played two games in GM mode so far with 1.05, but gotta say I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far.

The goalies seem more solid now, is maybe a good way to put it. Yeah, those rather weak shots from way out like Bwiggy mentioned, beating your goalie was driving me freaking nuts. Very happy we got V1.05. Thank you, EAC. Nicely done!
so you still see the penalties the way we see it in 1.04?

# 15 redslumber @ 10/14/12 04:34 AM
This happened to me only once, but I thought it was annoying as hell lol. Glad they took the time and fixed it.

# 16 Vikes1 @ 10/14/12 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
so you still see the penalties the way we see it in 1.04?
In the two games using 1.05, Canuckss...I'd say yes.

In the second game I played tonight, I got called for two penalties, and the cpu four. 10 minute periods All-Star normal, penalty sliders maxed. The first game was very similar. At least imo...the game overall with V1.05 seems to be at it's best.

The number of calls seem just right for me now. And very happy the goalies seemingly have indeed been tightened up nicely. Digging 1.05 a lot so far.

# 17 canucksss @ 10/14/12 09:01 AM
Quote:
In the two games using 1.05, Canuckss...I'd say yes.

In the second game I played tonight, I got called for two penalties, and the cpu four. 10 minute periods All-Star normal, penalty sliders maxed. The first game was very similar. At least imo...the game overall with V1.05 seems to be at it's best.

The number of calls seem just right for me now. And very happy the goalies seemingly have indeed been tightened up nicely. Digging 1.05 a lot so far.
thanks...im going to get it then

# 18 BleacherCreature @ 10/14/12 09:51 AM
I was able to draw 6 penalties against the CPU in the game I just played, including a 5 on 3 in the first minute of the game.
I was 0 for 6 on the PP but I'm the Rangers so that should come as no surprise.

# 19 JezFranco @ 10/14/12 12:07 PM
This might be really good.
I've been so happy with penalties lately. But the last game I played on friday (in which I had 6 PP's) I lost 1-6.
All 6 cpu goals was rebounds.
5 of them were from weak shots from far out.

Playing first 1.05 game... NOW!

# 20 Nickflyers @ 10/14/12 07:49 PM
Were the Winter Classic Jerseys added this update or the last one? I started a Flyers BAGM and 1st preseason game was vs NYR and both had their Winter Classic jerseys

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.