Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like Madden NFL 13 title update #3, which was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, is 1 day early and available now for 360 users, weighing in at 19MB.

*UPDATE: PS3 title update is available now, weighing in at 52MB.

For those that missed out on what the title update contains, check it out below or read more about it here.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
Gameplay Tuning:
  • Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
  • Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
  • Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
  • Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
Commentary:
  • Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
  • Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
Connected Careers:
  • Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
  • Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
  • Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
  • Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.
  • Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
  • Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
  • Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
  • Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
  • Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
  • Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
  • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
  • Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
  • Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
  • Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
Stability:
  • Fixed numerous crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team:
  • Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
  • Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
  • Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
  • Implemented Store Panel Changes.
  • Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
  • Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
Playbooks:
  • Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Knickerbocker @ 10/15/12 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Can someone confirm if changing sliders/settings wipe all league injuries?
Injuries get wiped as before. Injuries only work with preexisting.

# 82 nmain @ 10/15/12 12:07 PM
Was looking forward to coach mode, but it sucks. I cant find an option in ccm. And you still have the ability to take control of every player. I dont want to have a choice to run the ball. I just want to call the play and go. You have to do the kicking. Lame

# 83 mavfan21 @ 10/15/12 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomarley
Can you edit attributes during the season or just prior?
Only prior to the start of a CCM.

# 84 mavfan21 @ 10/15/12 12:14 PM
Anyone check the arm/build editing on RBs to make sure it doesn't have the same glitch as NCAA? The glitch in NCAA causes a player (usually only RBs) to get really skinny in-game no matter how big you made his arms/chest.

# 85 michaelhalljr @ 10/15/12 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Yep, I saw it earlier this morning in my games. I don't know if the tuned physics has anything to do with it, but the CPU running fame felt solid. Saw some nice spins and some great jukes... seemed to pick their holes well..
SEC, r u using your sliders still with this update?

# 86 tdogg097 @ 10/15/12 12:15 PM
Default All-Madden in CCM has user WR Catching and Broken Tackles at 50, everything else 25.

# 87 xCAGEx @ 10/15/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Bummer. Can't use broadcast view in CCM. Only available options are Zoomed, Standard and Wide.
I'm able to use broadcast view in CCM but can not for the life of me find "Coach Mode"

Feeling really stupid right about now

# 88 TheRealGooch @ 10/15/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I didn't move my player around because I used to play coach mode way back when and didn't move it around at that time.

I can confirm that you CAN play coach mode. I traded my pre-order copy in for NHL when I found out that coach mode wasn't originally in the game. I play in coach-only leagues for NCAA, and we were looking forward to doing the same for Madden.

When you go to My Madden, go to settings and turn "coach mode" on. This will allow you to call offensive and defensive plays and just watch the CPU run them. The QB will be controlled by the CPU as well, and will throw the ball instead of sitting in the pocket waiting for you to take control of him.

I set up a test online league to check this out, so it should work for all modes I believe.

Thank GOD they patched this in!!!!!

# 89 Steve_OS @ 10/15/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
I'm able to use broadcast view in CCM but can not for the life of me find "Coach Mode"

Online or offline? I tried online CCM and broadcast wasn't there. Let me try offline.

# 90 Evlmnky33 @ 10/15/12 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan128
Did they have any timeouts left?
Err don't recall...

# 91 DJ @ 10/15/12 12:22 PM
Auto-Subs are still glitches in Offline CCM.

# 92 fripperiffic @ 10/15/12 12:23 PM
just started an offline ccm after the patch. Went to play the first pre-season game and was adjusting the camera when the system froze.......BS!!! I was also disconnected from EA and PSN on PURPOSE!!

# 93 DJ @ 10/15/12 12:25 PM
On a positive note, play calling no longer defaults to Gameflow in CCM; it follows what you have it set to in the Main Menu.

# 94 Steve_OS @ 10/15/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx

I just tried offline CCM as well, not seeing broadcast cam. Are you sure you are in CCM? PS3 or 360? I'm on 360, I don't see broadcast cam, unless I go to Play Now.

# 95 Anners @ 10/15/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Does the CPU still call timeouts at 1:01? Also, any difference with the amount of penalties called? PI slider work now?
Just seen the CPU call a timeout in the 2nd quarter at 1:01. Was a bit confused as to why it happened.

Quote:
Yep, I saw it earlier this morning in my games. I don't know if the tuned physics has anything to do with it, but the CPU running fame felt solid. Saw some nice spins and some great jukes... seemed to pick their holes well..
I don't know if it's me, or if it's just the patch, but the CPU blocks seem to be holding up more as well. In both of my CCM games with the Raiders (Chargers and Dolphins) so far, both teams have been able to run consistently well against me.

# 96 JasonZimmerman @ 10/15/12 12:30 PM
Ok, very happy to get the patch a day early, but is there a way to lessin the download time on PS3? 400 minutes for a download? Will it really take that long?

# 97 DJ @ 10/15/12 12:30 PM
Quote:
Actually, they seemed to be working properly. I would check your auto sub settings. I saw proper substitutions and fatigue this morning. This was something I focused on.
Hmm ... I still see that 51-49 combo when I try and change the settings. They work fine in Play Now, but can't change them in CCM.

# 98 pyr0sphere @ 10/15/12 12:31 PM
Were there any changes to gameplay in Play Now? I know about the big changes to CCM but I'm not hoping the gameplay universally has improved

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2

# 99 xCAGEx @ 10/15/12 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Online or offline? I tried online CCM and broadcast wasn't there. Let me try offline.
Playing offline ...
Whats really strange is when practicing its in standard view but when in a game its in broadcast view ...
To get this to work I changed the settings to broadcast before starting my CCM

# 100 michaelhalljr @ 10/15/12 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
Ok, very happy to get the patch a day early, but is there a way to lessin the download time on PS3? 400 minutes for a download? Will it really take that long?
How bad is ur Internet service, it took me 45 seconds

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.