Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like the Madden NFL 13 title update #3 change log has been edited.

According to the official website, changing offensive and defensive schemes in offline CCM is available now, but online CCM will get a patch on the 19th.

This was nowhere to be found, when title update #3 details were released on October 3rd.

To avoid any confusion, I wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

Quote:
Changing Schemes in Offline Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach. (Coming to Online Connected Careers on October 19th)

If you're interested in reading impressions of Madden NFL 13 title update #3, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 utahman19 @ 01/08/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
It'll stick if you don't re-enter the screen. So, go in make all the changes you want to the positions and then change your coaching schemes. Back out of that menu, Save your CCM. When you look at coaching profile or career goals, it'll list the schemes you select. If you go back into the Scheme menu, it'll reset to WC/Attacking 4-3.
Does it really stick? Outside of cosmetically on the other coach screens? Because all the weekly goals seem to stay the same for me: 350 team pass yards, 3 team pass TD, and then either 20+ first downs or a defensive goal. Doesn't matter what scheme I change to, and even if on my other coach screens it says "Power Run" I still get the WC goals. Even after advancing weeks, my goals do not change from the pass-heavy WC goals.

# 42 cubsfan128 @ 01/09/13 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
The last patch SEEMS to have "undone" the fix...

It worked for me after this October 19th patch UNTIL I was forced to DL the latest patch...(was having freeze issues on PS3 system and had to do a restore and reinstall the game with ALL patches instead of my previous cache of the first 3 ONLY)...

Now it no longer sticks / changes...

I am using CLE who is "West Coast" / "Attacking 4-3" by default...

I had it changed to "Spread" / "Tampa 2" which worked until today's DL of last patch...

So:

Patch 3: Fixes it

Patch 4: UN Fixes it

UGH
Are we only talking about offline here or does it reset for both offline AND online? thanks

# 43 KingV2k3 @ 01/09/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
It'll stick if you don't re-enter the screen. So, go in make all the changes you want to the positions and then change your coaching schemes. Back out of that menu, Save your CCM. When you look at coaching profile or career goals, it'll list the schemes you select. If you go back into the Scheme menu, it'll reset to WC/Attacking 4-3.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much it REALLY matters, but I preferred when it "stuck" on the schemes I choose, before the last patch "undid" it...

Oh well, typical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan128
Are we only talking about offline here or does it reset for both offline AND online? thanks
I only play offline, so that's what I'm experiencing in that mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Does it really stick? Outside of cosmetically on the other coach screens? Because all the weekly goals seem to stay the same for me: 350 team pass yards, 3 team pass TD, and then either 20+ first downs or a defensive goal. Doesn't matter what scheme I change to, and even if on my other coach screens it says "Power Run" I still get the WC goals. Even after advancing weeks, my goals do not change from the pass-heavy WC goals.
Good question!

I don't think much of this "scheme" stuff REALLY amounts to much...which is par for the course for new "signature" features in this title (well, historically, IMHO)...

# 44 utahman19 @ 01/09/13 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, I'm not sure how much it REALLY matters, but I preferred when it "stuck" on the schemes I choose, before the last patch "undid" it...

Good question!

I don't think much of this "scheme" stuff REALLY amounts to much...which is par for the course for new "signature" features in this title (well, historically, IMHO)...
It matters in the sense of having goals that fit play style. I want to be a balanced team, but in order to meet my weekly goals and get the most XP for player/coach improvement, I am stuck throwing the ball 35-40 times a game to get my 350 pass yards and 3 TD's that is the goal EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.

Not only do those goals not fit my scheme/play style, but they are UNREALISTIC FOR ANY OFFENSE!!!

350 yards a week for 16 weeks in 5,600 passing yards. There have been 6 5,000 yard passing season in NFL history, and 5,600 would put a QB well past Brees' record of 5,476.

3 TD's every week would mean 48 TD's. Only nine times in NFL history has a QB thrown 40 TD's or more, 3 times of 48+.

Why should the goals be set so high? More realistic goals for schemes, and more overall goals that change more often (350 passing yards, 3 TD would be good during a week when you play a team that is great against the run but soft against the pass, for example, but not EVERY WEEK).

Scheme changes in CCM need to be fixed soon, and the overall system needs to be completely re-worked for 2014.

# 45 KingV2k3 @ 01/09/13 04:05 PM
Quote:
It matters in the sense of having goals that fit play style. I want to be a balanced team, but in order to meet my weekly goals and get the most XP for player/coach improvement, I am stuck throwing the ball 35-40 times a game to get my 350 pass yards and 3 TD's that is the goal EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.

Not only do those goals not fit my scheme/play style, but they are UNREALISTIC FOR ANY OFFENSE!!!

350 yards a week for 16 weeks in 5,600 passing yards. There have been 6 5,000 yard passing season in NFL history, and 5,600 would put a QB well past Brees' record of 5,476.

3 TD's every week would mean 48 TD's. Only nine times in NFL history has a QB thrown 40 TD's or more, 3 times of 48+.

Why should the goals be set so high? More realistic goals for schemes, and more overall goals that change more often (350 passing yards, 3 TD would be good during a week when you play a team that is great against the run but soft against the pass, for example, but not EVERY WEEK).

Scheme changes in CCM need to be fixed soon, and the overall system needs to be completely re-worked for 2014.

The "goals" seem to be based on the wack stats that the sim engine generates...

So, I try and ignore as much of this as possible, because it's a mess!

# 46 KBLover @ 01/12/13 11:59 AM
Quote:
Do schemes affect goals at all? They seem "random" to me.

I know they don't consider the player so already it's a problem. No way was I going to get Terrelle Pryor to 4800 yards...unless the season was maybe 24 games long, nor would any reasonable coach - not even Rex Ryan would think Pryor would get him 5,000 yds and the Jets are a mess.

That said, depending on how many plays you get a game, 35 isn't really "unbalanced". It's about 60/40 to pass in the NFL, so if you're getting 58 to 60 plays, and throwing 35 times, that's NFL balance.

But, I just play to win the game. If there's a player goal that's attainable for some quick XP and won't make me deviate (like throwing my power back 2 screens or a couple arrow routes - and using one of those to get him a receiving TD - or throwing to my #1 WR so he gets 6 rec/90 yds/1 TD) then I will. Otherwise, I don't worry about it. I think players progress fine since most have reasonable season goals (where the big XP is), though expecting a back up LB to get 125 tackles is insane, and will get XP for some feats like 10 tackles and such, which are doable every time.

One really crazy thing is that back up HBs are expected to get only 600 yards. If you are a power run team and like to use at least another HB (a power and "change of pace" type, or just two power guys and rotate for fresher legs late like Ravens started doing with Rice and Pierce), you can get that quick, and if he's a Superstar Dev, that can be 25,000 easy XP! (40 yds a game will get him to 640 on the year).

# 47 ggsimmonds @ 01/24/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

One really crazy thing is that back up HBs are expected to get only 600 yards. If you are a power run team and like to use at least another HB (a power and "change of pace" type, or just two power guys and rotate for fresher legs late like Ravens started doing with Rice and Pierce), you can get that quick, and if he's a Superstar Dev, that can be 25,000 easy XP! (40 yds a game will get him to 640 on the year).
Its not really that easy. Baltimore has not had a backup RB get 600 yards since 08 when three RBs split carries.

The season goals for defensive players are another story. Because the game does not count assisted tackles it is very hard to meet goals for LB and linemen if those goals are tackle numbers. Building up a defense through the draft is ridiculously hard because of this (unless you cheat and check for draft spoilers)

# 48 Trick13 @ 04/07/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its not really that easy. Baltimore has not had a backup RB get 600 yards since 08 when three RBs split carries.
It may not be that easy, to have a #2 RB get 600 yards in the actual NFL, but it can be very easy in CCM depending on sliders and play style and such.

Defensively, how nice would it be if the game just tracked assisted tackles?

# 49 Liam @ 07/08/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Appreciate this man

Thanks a bunch

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.