Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The October NCAA Football 13 title update has arrived for the PS3, weighing in at 34 MB.

No sign of the 360 title update, as of yet. Once it is available for the 360, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: Title update available now for 360.

FYI, the Dynasty fixes should take effect in existing Dynasties. No need to start over.

Below are the list of fixes.

Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
  • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.
Dynasty
  • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
  • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
  • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
  • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
  • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
  • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
  • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.
Online Head-to-Head
  • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.
Stability
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Sundown2600 @ 10/23/12 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sundown check this foolishness out lol...I went in and experimented some more with the ratings...just to see how the game would play/animations etc.

So, I picked a team at random(Florida) and I edited the starting LT Max Garcia and the RDE Ronald Powell. I put the LT Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block and Strength at 5. Then I took the RDE and lowered Strength, Finesse Moves, Power Moves, Block Shedding all to 0.

Then I started up a Florida vs Florida CPU game just to watch the line interaction. The matchup between Garcia and Powell was a stalemate for the most part. But, I actually saw some animations I hadn't seen before. So, then what I did was on one team I subbed the LT and RDE out for regularly rated players to see how the edited LT and RDE would respond and....

I ACTUALLY SAW REAL LINE INTERACTION!!

I saw the edited LT actually HOLD the regular rated RDE and get called for holding. I didn't have to hit replay and it wasn't phantom. That patty cake animation was non-existant and the DE was actually able to disengage from the lineman without getting caught up in what I call the "dance around animation" where the DE is engaged to the OL and pushes/walks him all the way in the backfield but can't disengage b/c of the animation.

Then I watched as a regular rated OL went up against the edited RDE and watched him get pushed and tossed like a rag doll lol! I got pushed to the ground. He tried to do a spin move and just got pushed and driven right out of the play.

Stuff you SHOULD see in the game ANYWAY!!! Sad part about it is that with the edits down that low of course their overall was like 40. It's ridiculous that you have to do crazy stuff like that just to see "realism." I also edited the QB's accuracy by lowering it to "0" and he went something like 2-19 lol!!!
Exactly. Look at all of the stuff we find just by experimenting. We find things that should happen in the game by default. EA can't even come to the boards and explain why sliders don't work. They can't explain what ratings trigger certain animations. We have to figure that out on our own. It's sad man.

Your point is also taken on the overall rating issue. It's not a big deal to me, but the game uses overall ratings of players to decide which players get drafted, not to mention it plays a part in team rankings. So as you said once before these edits will have an negative effect on a team's Pro Potential pitch. It's ridiculous man. We know how to make the game better with edits, but so much emphasis is placed on a player's overall rating we can't use these changes in dynasty mode. It's really frustrating.

# 82 montesixpac @ 10/23/12 09:07 AM
My brother and I both played our game in online dynasty. His froze up at halftime, and mine froze up at the replays at the end of the game...

# 83 michigan21 @ 10/23/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
My brother and I both played our game in online dynasty. His froze up at halftime, and mine froze up at the replays at the end of the game...
Wow. Unbelievable.

# 84 Pezell04x @ 10/23/12 11:34 AM
I'm debating trading this game in. $30 at Amazon is a good deal for a game I paid $45 for. Just not getting the play time anymore.

# 85 MrOctober430 @ 10/23/12 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I'm debating trading this game in. $30 at Amazon is a good deal for a game I paid $45 for. Just not getting the play time anymore.
Same here, main reason I kept it was the uniform store, but it's just not working out for me.

# 86 BenGerman @ 10/23/12 11:54 AM
I disagree with those who believe NCAA will be canceled any time soon. It may not be doing well with the sim crowd, but it still gets good enough sales #'s. You could argue that this years sales were down, but so was the entire industry.

# 87 Soonerfan14 @ 10/23/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Wait a min. I can trade it in to amazon for 30 bucks? How do you do that?

# 88 BadAssHskr @ 10/23/12 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I disagree with those who believe NCAA will be canceled any time soon. It may not be doing well with the sim crowd, but it still gets good enough sales #'s. You could argue that this years sales were down, but so was the entire industry.
i kind of thought it would go, in '14, the way madden went this year. big focus on playing online via the EA servers. aka online ccm.

# 89 PocketScout @ 10/23/12 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Personally I really hope it doesn't get the axe. When you look at the game as a whole it is truly impressive. We can build teams online and import them into the game. We can manage our teams online through recruiting, supersim and advancing if we want. They have 90% of the college stadiums properly modeled. The general scope of what this game has accomplished is impressive to me. But the problem is once you hit the details it starts to fall apart a little.

There are so many legacy bugs and new ones created with each new feature that is added. They never seem to get a head of the game in getting things fixed. They know they need a "newness" to get people to buy the game so they have to determine how to spend there programming time.

Is it adding new features or really going in and tightening up the game and making it shine. I understand gameplay is a total PITA to model and they do a decent job and minus a few glitches, but why can I not see a coaches job history to know where he has been and how good he was, why has team builder not been updated in years (even just minor), why do some sliders work in practice but now in my dynasty, etc...

They need to fix the little issues and really polish out what they have created before wasting time on more "newness" that will be another 90% completed feature and put them even deeper into a hole they will have to eventually dig themselves out of (fixing half done features). If not they will either have to just shut it down or start over (ala total engine redesign from last gen to this one). Hopefully they can pull off a miracle and polish the game and add newness but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I noticed in your sig you are currently playing about 8 games, I play 2. NCAA and Forza. That is it, if NCAA bites the dust half of my gaming world will be destroyed so I am hoping for them to do good.

# 90 BenGerman @ 10/23/12 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Personally I really hope it doesn't get the axe. When you look at the game as a whole it is truly impressive. We can build teams online and import them into the game. We can manage our teams online through recruiting, supersim and advancing if we want. They have 90% of the college stadiums properly modeled. The general scope of what this game has accomplished is impressive to me. But the problem is once you hit the details it starts to fall apart a little.

There are so many legacy bugs and new ones created with each new feature that is added. They never seem to get a head of the game in getting things fixed. They know they need a "newness" to get people to buy the game so they have to determine how to spend there programming time.

Is it adding new features or really going in and tightening up the game and making it shine. I understand gameplay is a total PITA to model and they do a decent job and minus a few glitches, but why can I not see a coaches job history to know where he has been and how good he was, why has team builder not been updated in years (even just minor), why do some sliders work in practice but now in my dynasty, etc...

They need to fix the little issues and really polish out what they have created before wasting time on more "newness" that will be another 90% completed feature and put them even deeper into a hole they will have to eventually dig themselves out of (fixing half done features). If not they will either have to just shut it down or start over (ala total engine redesign from last gen to this one). Hopefully they can pull off a miracle and polish the game and add newness but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I noticed in your sig you are currently playing about 8 games, I play 2. NCAA and Forza. That is it, if NCAA bites the dust half of my gaming world will be destroyed so I am hoping for them to do good.
Couldn't agree more my friend, and while I may be playing multiple games, NCAA is the game I play the most. We are in agreement that NCAA '13 is really impressive on a lot of different levels and that they really need to focus on ironing a few things out. With the physics coming over from Madden (a game where I think the gameplay is generally very good, but everything else, including the AI is sort of lacking), I feel really good about the gameplay.

They need to focus on presentation and coaching carousel next year IMO, as presentation is the games worst aspect (every game has sort of has the same feel. We may need a college gameday kind of thing to fix this) and Coaching Carousel is what makes the game unique from its pro-level counterparts. No more Heisman Challenge stuff (which I'm fairly sure no one played) or anything new that even feels remotely like Heisman Challenge. RTG is never going to be as fun as a college player as a be a pro mode will be, so I'd really see them go away from RTG a little bit, at least to focus on other stuff first.

# 91 Pezell04x @ 10/23/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
Wait a min. I can trade it in to amazon for 30 bucks? How do you do that?
go to Amazon
Under departments go to video games
Then there should be a link for the trade in store.

# 92 rupe @ 10/23/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupe
Anyone know if the PS3 custom stadium sounds are fixed with this patch. Being blacked out if you have more than 300 songs?
I can confirm they did not fix the custom stadium sounds. Bummer.

# 93 Mazarati 2012 @ 10/23/12 03:51 PM
This patch didn't fix freezing issues either...haven't played one full dynasty yet without it freezing..before and after this new patch.....

# 94 downsouthgamer @ 10/23/12 03:56 PM
I know we didnt have to restart our dynsaty for the patch to take affect so with that being said i finished my offine dynasty & was advancing & it would never advance to the offseason no matter how many times i tried to advance so if any1 has any idea what the problem is id love to hear it

# 95 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/23/12 04:33 PM
This game had so much potential this year and they didn't do a damn thing with it at all. Pretty pathetic and sad. They released patches that break stuff, then release patches to fix some of the things they broke in the 1st place. So at the end of the year after all the patches, we really right back were we started, an incomplete game.

They do this every year with this series. Do people actually realize that ? Every year it is the same song and dance. Every year most of the patches be dynasty related. Dynasty has been broken in some form in this series ever since NCAA 09. So you would think they would completely replace their dynasty stat simulation engine.

And don't get me started with the whack BS looking animations. I swear with every patch the animations in this game got worse and worse. If this series got canceled, I wouldn't even be mad.

# 96 malky @ 10/23/12 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
This patch didn't fix freezing issues either...haven't played one full dynasty yet without it freezing..before and after this new patch.....
Xbox or p3?

# 97 Scott @ 10/23/12 05:45 PM
Just played an OD game and had no problems with freezing...PS3

# 98 WeFireThoseCannons @ 10/23/12 05:56 PM
I recruit on heisman.

Recruiting seems okay but I think they messed up something. I have had about 3 seasons 2 Rutgers and 1 Test in my Texas one I had going on before the patch. I like to create recruits so I had about 6 I wanted to go to specific schools it. USC doesn't seem to always offer out scholarships I had 2 I wanted to see if they go there think only one did.

My current Rutgers one. 3* I had 3 created prospects one was down to 5 from the start. Those guys are usually easy to get you can jump to a huge lead and I did. Had a visit done in week 4 but Georgia came up on my tail and snatched him away. He was from Bama so the closeness and all the A's they have must have helped. It was a good battle. All my created guys have been a tough battle to get I am 0-6 so far. Currently 5*.

A weird thing happens where you maybe moved up or down on a guys board without an arrow. Recruiting can still be easy though at times seems like more guys last til the offseason.

# 99 ncaa13 @ 10/23/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
try turn off autosave in the game settings

# 100 khaliib @ 10/23/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This game had so much potential this year and they didn't do a damn thing with it at all. Pretty pathetic and sad. They released patches that break stuff, then release patches to fix some of the things they broke in the 1st place. So at the end of the year after all the patches, we really right back were we started, an incomplete game.

They do this every year with this series. Do people actually realize that ? Every year it is the same song and dance. Every year most of the patches be dynasty related. Dynasty has been broken in some form in this series ever since NCAA 09. So you would think they would completely replace their dynasty stat simulation engine.

And don't get me started with the whack BS looking animations. I swear with every patch the animations in this game got worse and worse. If this series got canceled, I wouldn't even be mad.
Skillz, have you had a chance to visit the Madden Roster Forum lately?

There's a guy (Xanathol) that has developed a Madden Roster Editor that actually allows gamers to use the PC to edit EA Madden/Ncaa Roster and Dynasty files (ala 2k Editor)

I've played with it and it allows us to do "Global Editing" for specific positions, Off/Def, Skill Pos, Set Rating Thresholds for Pos etc...

Although it's for Madden, it still opens NCAA files also in editable form.
Still tinkerinng with it.

I have '12, but wondering which year had the best gameplay that just needed some Global tinkering.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.