Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The October NCAA Football 13 title update has arrived for the PS3, weighing in at 34 MB.

No sign of the 360 title update, as of yet. Once it is available for the 360, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: Title update available now for 360.

FYI, the Dynasty fixes should take effect in existing Dynasties. No need to start over.

Below are the list of fixes.

Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
  • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.
Dynasty
  • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
  • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
  • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
  • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
  • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
  • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
  • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.
Online Head-to-Head
  • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.
Stability
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 montesixpac @ 10/25/12 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
So what's the comprehensive list of what the patch really did.

I'm not complaining, but i started my Husker dynasty over and got housed last night. 31-14 to southern miss.

tighter coverage
stiffer run defense
more aggressive play by cpu

i threw like 7 picks.

this feels a lot more like the game i was expecting in july.
Strange. I have my sliders set up very difficult on Heisman and I thought that passing on O was easier, running the ball is easier, and my defense has been playing better. I have only thrown one INT post patch and my comp pct has gone up also.

It has played well, though post patch other than a couple of freezes.

# 122 BenGerman @ 10/25/12 10:44 PM
I'll say it one last time, this game is playing golden right now IMO. My last four scores in my Gator dynasty (year two):

UGA: 27-14 W
USC: 21-31 L
TAMU: 38-21 W
Vandy: 37-31 OT W

# 123 Sundown2600 @ 10/25/12 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I'll say it one last time, this game is playing golden right now IMO. My last four scores in my Gator dynasty (year two):

UGA: 27-14 W
USC: 21-31 L
TAMU: 38-21 W
Vandy: 37-31 OT W
Yes I agree the game is better. The CPU is smarter. The Rush D slider works. My only complaint after 6 played games post patch is the QB accuracy on both sides is even more pronounced than before. I'm not seeing any deep overthrows as opposed to seeing them pre-patch. I can fix this by editing the accuracy rating of both QBs so it's nothing to complain about. Just wish the QBA slider worked lol

# 124 BenGerman @ 10/25/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Yes I agree the game is better. The CPU is smarter. The Rush D slider works. My only complaint after 6 played games post patch is the QB accuracy on both sides is even more pronounced than before. I'm not seeing any deep overthrows as opposed to seeing them pre-patch. I can fix this by editing the accuracy rating of both QBs so it's nothing to complain about. Just wish the QBA slider worked lol
Oy, I know! One thing EA needs to work on is just having the QB (on both sides) missing throws. Way too often, passes are incomplete in NCAA because of swats and missed interceptions. More often than not with incompletions, the ball never touches anyone before it hits the ground. We need overthrows, underthrows, etc. I also think we need a few different kind of QBs.

Scrambling Gunslinger: Likes to run, but also chucks the ball all over the field. More prone to throw interceptions and be loose with the ball, but also more likely to make big plays.

Field Manager: Good awareness and arm accuracy. Hopefully, we'll have a short range accuracy rating next year. Very good at taking care of the ball, but less likely to make the big play.

Scrambling QB: Almost always looks to run first. Good in a spread style offense.

Gunslinger: Always looks to pass first. Makes big throws, but is also more likely to throw the ball in bad spots.

Balanced: Speaks for itself.

# 125 Skulletor @ 10/25/12 11:35 PM
came here for the first time in ages to see if they unsuckified NCAA 13, can you still not sim CPU games?

# 126 TacosMcGee @ 10/26/12 01:22 AM
All of these updates are great! Oh, wait....the game still freezes 80% of the time I play it or try to get past the loading screen after investing 2 hours in a game. That update literally did nothing to fix any kind of stability issues, and as much as you guys want the gameplay fixed....how about a game that doesn't lock up most of the time? Can we agree to start there?

Never again, EA.....NEVER again will I buy your ____ product.

# 127 Hornguy105 @ 10/26/12 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosMcGee
All of these updates are great! Oh, wait....the game still freezes 80% of the time I play it or try to get past the loading screen after investing 2 hours in a game. That update literally did nothing to fix any kind of stability issues, and as much as you guys want the gameplay fixed....how about a game that doesn't lock up most of the time? Can we agree to start there?

Never again, EA.....NEVER again will I buy your ____ product.
You sure that's not your system? I've never had the game freeze on me, I've had the game since launch.

# 128 TacosMcGee @ 10/26/12 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornguy105
You sure that's not your system? I've never had the game freeze on me, I've had the game since launch.
Of the 8 games I rotate and play on occasion along with all of the DVD's my kids want to watch, this is the only one I have any trouble with. So I've assumed it's the game so far.

# 129 frankrizzo380 @ 10/27/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Nice new option- you can now pick TOP 10 WITHIN 1 OR 2 YEARS for a promise.

excuse me sir, are you being sarcastic?

# 130 CrimsontideuA @ 10/29/12 06:37 PM
Game seems fine to me. QB appears to be more accurate.

# 131 mm boost @ 10/30/12 01:05 PM
Game plays a lot better. Didn't touch my sliders and instantly had a much better game of football. It seemed like the CPU played smarter, and I saw more tackling/spinning/catching animations that I haven't seen before. very pleased with the recent patch.

# 132 Cjizzle305 @ 10/30/12 03:52 PM
This title update helped the game play a lil but this game still has major issues and the online dynasty isnt even playable anymore since the patch because it wont upload data...This messes up the game for two years str8!! EA cant even get the option defense working correctly the DB still strafes out of bounds

# 133 TimLawNYC @ 11/05/12 01:59 PM
I can't believe that they patched the game again and STILL haven't fixed the fact that the 4th-string RB from The University of Eastern North Dakota State College is wearing long socks with low-cut shoes in this game, when everybody KNOWS in real life he wears hi-top shoes and short socks! This totally RUINS the game for me! It's completely unplayable with such a huge issue remaining unfixed!

EA IS THE WORST!

# 134 tyberious4now @ 11/05/12 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
I can't believe that they patched the game again and STILL haven't fixed the fact that the 4th-string RB from The University of Eastern North Dakota State College is wearing long socks with low-cut shoes in this game, when everybody KNOWS in real life he wears hi-top shoes and short socks! This totally RUINS the game for me! It's completely unplayable with such a huge issue remaining unfixed!

EA IS THE WORST!
I'm dying laughing......4th string running back and his socks.....and the team north Dakota state...lol

Kids!!!!

# 135 mtoo22 @ 11/05/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger2003
The tuner or patch update broke the ****ing game. **** you EA
That will show em.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

# 136 Isura @ 11/06/12 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It would be nice if Sony and the makers of the Show made a college game. 2k tried before and it was rock bottom.
A history lesson. 2k subcontracted NCAA 2k3. It was NOT the same team that made NFL 2k4/2k5. With resources I am 100% confident 2k would make an NCAA game far superior to EA.

# 137 Buckeyed @ 11/06/12 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC

EA IS THE WORST!
And they have Michigan rated over 40. How dare them?

My QB keeps throwing bad passes at times. I mean, my scrambler should be as accurate as Aaron Rodgers. Who wants realism?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.