Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Competition is good. It holds game developers accountable, inspires new ideas and forces companies to push the envelope year after year. NBA 2K has long been one of my favorite franchises due to my love for basketball, and by extension simulation basketball videogames. As good as it has been however, the series can get a lot better. Though NBA 2K lacks significant competition in its own niche at the time, there is plenty of competition in the genre of sports gaming as a whole.

Borrowing ideas from other sports games (some of their own), and implementing them in the context of NBA 2K, produced the popular My Career mode (via MLB the Show) and the exciting addition of Signature Skills (via All Pro Football). What are some other aspects NBA 2K can borrow to create a better experience? I have a few ideas.

Read More - NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Pitfighter87 @ 10/27/12 07:52 AM
"Pre-Game, Halftime and Season Opening Shows (NFL 2K5, College Hoops 2K8 and Madden 13)"

Thanks you been sayin this for the past two years.Would love to see this added to the game esp in association mode.

# 42 La Verite @ 10/27/12 11:52 AM
Actual NBA team intros with their music. No basketball game has done that yet. Came close when 2K11 did it with Jordan.

# 43 ewingandoakley @ 10/27/12 02:41 PM
I wish that they would make their create a players better. They should have done it with MLB 2k also. MLB the show had an awesome create a player system from what I have seen.

# 44 biggiejerseys @ 10/27/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingandoakley
I wish that they would make their create a players better. They should have done it with MLB 2k also. MLB the show had an awesome create a player system from what I have seen.
I've spent 30 minutes creating My Player on The Show. There's a lot of haircut & facial hair options to mess with. I also like the fact that on The Show the commentators will say my first & last name while they're announcing the game. Where as 2K just says my last or my nickname.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

# 45 Fruity @ 10/27/12 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
My Crib - NFL 2K5... that would be EPIC

Even could go based on salary (if they get rid of VC), and do like I believe Madden 07, 08 or 09 where you start off in a small apartment and as you work your way up, you get a condo, then a house. Would be fun for myplayer.

Oh and gameface - Madden 12

EDIT: Also, I think the first person cam would be extremely fun for myplayer, taking another page from ESPN NFL 2K5's camera where you were inside the player helmet.
I still have my copy of 2k5 and play it regularly, that first person mode is full of trippy fun. Nice court vision fun, would be funny if point guards saw more of the floor while big men saw less court vision.

# 46 d11king @ 10/28/12 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity
I still have my copy of 2k5 and play it regularly, that first person mode is full of trippy fun. Nice court vision fun, would be funny if point guards saw more of the floor while big men saw less court vision.
I should've stated in the original post, I think this mode would work especially well with my player. Giving you the complete feel, while I play on Turbo camera with the zoom and height to where it looks as if I'm actually on the floor, I think this could possibly be a lot of fun. In 2K5, it was hard for me to get the hang of it, being that I was so young and also in football there's so much you have to take into account, and so much you would have to do, I think with it being 2012 now, and NBA2K being not as complex as first person mode in NFL2K5 would be, I think it could be a nice small addition that could transition well.

# 47 MVP9072 @ 10/28/12 05:19 AM
Have more my player creations options

Different hair styles
Voices
Face creations
Be able to set arm length ( be like KD )
Weight and Height should matter

Have more questions during a press conference

Play a few college or HS games before you enter the draft so you can possibly come in as a #1 prospect every team wants.

# 48 DaImmaculateONe @ 10/29/12 12:49 PM
Lobbies

Being able to spectate other people games- like virtual tennis

Upload a face

separate offline and online my player like fifa 13

ohh lobbies again

# 49 hesko @ 10/30/12 10:16 PM
how about dedicated servers.

# 50 biggiejerseys @ 11/04/12 04:57 PM
Here's one that I just thought of, in NHL's 'Be A GM' mode you can get fired from the team you're managing. I would like to see that implemented into NBA 2K.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

# 51 Bayfer Alston @ 11/05/12 08:05 PM
They Could Really take a Page Outta THQs WWE 13 With The Create features and Use It in Create a Player And When editing Accessories and Shoes

# 52 keshunleon @ 11/05/12 10:03 PM
2K need to find out what the PC hex people are using and borrow from that.

I have seen them hex D-Rose ankle braces, KG shoes, and every other shoe and accessories 2K has neglected to add, update, or improve the past 3yrs.

Come on 2K, get it in the game.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.