Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

With the NBA season tipping off tomorrow evening, NBA 2K13 will receive a roster update in the morning, according to Ronnie2K.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 12:04 PM
What an awful update. The most comical part is the fact that they couldn't even get the Harden trade right, yet they took the effort to release players on the Rockets who were released yesterday, later during the day.

# 122 vtcrb @ 10/30/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The update was was not created late last night so any thing done after work hours would not be included.
I understand what you are saying BUT SOMEONE had to release Update. I guess they DONT have Quality Control guys to make sure the Product they are releasing is UP to Standards. LOL. I mean Honestly it is ACCOUNTABILITY, Everyone who has a Job has it. 2k NEEDS to check thru what they do JUST as Most Roster Makers do before Releasing a Roster. I mean it takes an HOUR at Most to make sure everything is right. I know there will be Minor Mistakes, but they are releasing Updates with MAJOR flaws.

# 123 gator3guy @ 10/30/12 12:08 PM
I think 2k must be having a competition with NHL to see who can do less with their roster updates. I expect that from EA, but not 2k.

# 124 Humdinger80 @ 10/30/12 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sifu25
This is a complete JOKE! I swear I believe the guy they have running this sh!t doesnt even watch basketball at all! Someone please tell me how to contact these ppl I swear to GOD I'll write a nice *** letter. Maybe that's what we should do, write a letter and everyone sign it and mail it to these morons. Seriously, you cant even get the information about a trade right? All you have to do is go on NBA.com and click on TRANSACTIONS and it will tell you who was moved and sometimes even WHY!!!!! You cant even get the color of uniforms right, color of shoes right.

PLEASE 2K GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO A LITTLE INSIDER WORK YOU. I WILL DO IT FOR FREE!!!!! ALL I WANT IS TO HAVE A NICE F*****G GAME TO ENJOY SINCE I PAYED $60 FOR IT! PLEASE!!!!!

Sincerely,
One Pissed Off Customer!
Hahaha I love it man, **** YEA!!!

# 125 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/30/12 12:09 PM
Here is the # to 2k sports in Novato, CA. Instead of twitter or PMs which don't get much credence, make a call and let them know how displeased you are with the 2k insider for NBA2k13.

# 126 SJS25 @ 10/30/12 12:10 PM
We waited 20 days for updates that we all pretty much did the minute we heard about the harden trade....except we did it correctly. Awesome.

# 127 eF 5ive @ 10/30/12 12:17 PM
Rosters were released with Dwight on lakers but everyone in the trade not moved. What did you guys really expect?

At this point 2k is that dead beat dad who keeps telling you he'll pick you up from school on your bday but every year same thing. No show. And i have to sit back and watch the hearts break.

# 128 SwaggerCoach @ 10/30/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
Anyway with the knowledge to make a video game, run with this idea...

I've had this idea for quite sometime now and after sharing it with a few members on here I was encouraged to write and post a blog about it in the hopes that perhaps someone in the gaming world would stumble upon it and run with it. With the disappointment of NBA Elite 11 and the cancellation of NBA Live 13, the feedback thrown at EA Sports seemed to range from questionable to smart move. Instead of putting out a very poor game with the expectations that people would've had (and those expectations would've been high) I guess EA decided that the future was more important then the present and why not get a head start. Well I thought that with Live 13 being cancelled that 2K would've taken the opportunity to slam the door shut in the basketball gaming world by unleashing 2K13 with close to perfection as you could get, but right out of the box you had people screaming at glitches, bugs, certain options for users taken away, rosters (they were accurate up to August 3rd for those who didn't read the disclaimer when the game starts). Now don't get me wrong, I think that 2K13 is a very very good game, it's only a week old so those who hit the panic button already need to understand that the game you picked up October 2nd and whined about is the same game that by December 25th you're going to be raving about. It seems that the upgrades or changes made in 2K13 were focused much more on the MyPlayer modes then Association mode. Now you have MyCareer along with MyTeam. I never quite understood the fascination behind MyPlayer other then it being Association mode where you just created yourself or a player that you have full control over (Create-A-Legend to me is MyPlayer just with the ability to select a current NBA player instead of a created player) and after creating your MyPlayer you are thrown into really the Association mode world. You can play more then one season and players are changing teams, retiring, new players coming in from drafts and so forth. Well the hardcore offline/online Association mode people would've liked to have seen a little more attention and focus put towards that mode I would think and that is where this idea for EA comes in...

If 2K is going to push MyPlayer and that be their number one mode in the game to sell then I think EA should turn their attention at attracting the next group after MyPlayer people and that is Association mode people. First off all get rid of the Elite and Live title for the game, bury it and start from the ground up. Your sole focus is to build a game that is devoted and focuses on Association mode offline and online. You would have Association mode hardcore fans of both online/offline running to the stores to get your game, but how to grab their attention? Here is how...

1) General Manager/Owner - you give the user FULL control of running a team (or 30 teams) if they choose. Implement the new CBA and allow the user to be able to EDIT anything that a General Manager/Owner would do realistically.

2) Rosters - you provide the most accurate roster out of the box and within a week of release you provide an update for users that include any players not included in the roster that came with the game out of the box. Players that are retired, playing overseas you remove them (or hide them) giving you room to add in all the players that need to be included. Every two weeks following you have a mandatory update for the rosters, BUT you make it so users do not have to re-start their Association offline and online.

3) Coaching staffs - again you give the user EDIT control of everything from Head Coach, to assistant coaches, to trainers to scouts. Also create a coaches free agent pool with coaches not currently coaching but have also not retired (Jerry Sloan, Stan Van Gundy, Mike Dunleavy, Nate McMillan) as well an assistant coaches pool (Patrick Ewing, Bill Cartwright) who are not currently coaching as well. Give the user the option to promote assistant coaches in the situations that call for Head coaches job. Coaching staffs should include the Head Coach, his top 3 assistants, the head athletic trainer and 2 NBA scouts.

4) NBA D-League - probably the most important feature and one that 2K I would hope took out of 2K13 so they have a year long to work the kinks out and re-introduce it in 2K14, but the NBA D-League needs to be in Association modes. It adds to the realism off the NBA and although player movement in the D-League day-to-day is so busy you need to still provide the ACTUAL D-League teams and players and coaches for the user. You can also use the two week roster update window to manage the D-League movement for the most part.

In other words you start from the ground up and you create a game dedicated and devoted for the Association online/offline users. The gameplay and presentation will have high expectations and you don't let them down when they put the game in because you made those two areas a priority as well. So you throw the name NBA Elite away and you bury the name NBA Live and you squeeze through that crack in the door that 2K left open instead of slamming and you introduce

EA Sports - NBA: The Association '14
I used to think an idea like this was crazy...but now I'm beginning to see a LOT of truth to this...so much that I would STRONGLY consider buying a game like this over 2K.

# 129 Datkiddalex6 @ 10/30/12 12:22 PM
Why don't they have Terrel Harris on the Heat!!!!?????? He been a member of the Heat since LAST YEAR!!!!!. WTF!!!!!!

# 130 MVP9072 @ 10/30/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datkiddalex6
Why don't they have Terrel Harris on the Heat!!!!?????? He been a member of the Heat since LAST YEAR!!!!!. WTF!!!!!!
Um who is that?

# 131 and1product @ 10/30/12 12:30 PM
Yeah this is bad. I'm a patient person but I am so excited for the nba season kickoff today and although I can create and do these myself, it is just more natural to have in game models. My wwe13 is way more updated than 2k13. The updated courts are promising. Now if they can do the same to the player Arts and the rosters is another story.

# 132 Kurupt_XxX @ 10/30/12 12:32 PM
2k is freaking terrible. wow so dissapointing

# 133 marcokb24 @ 10/30/12 12:36 PM
Can you actually import a team from a season/association this year? If so, how? Can't seem to find a way...

# 134 LD2k @ 10/30/12 12:38 PM
Alright fellas. Here is the deal.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

# 135 QDB9 @ 10/30/12 12:38 PM
Tweet from Ronnie2k: "The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry." Haha really?

# 136 eko718 @ 10/30/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Not true at all. The sheer volume of messaging alone won't allow us to respond to everything. I do my best to package up feedback for the Dev's; both positive and negative.
LD2K we appreciate your presence here. It seems like you do make an effort to draw attention to the issues brought up on this forum.

To the bolded point you made, this is something you might want to suggest to the team... This 2K Insider on twitter thing just isn't working. What happened to the blog? There really should be a centralized area to communicate with him and give feedback.

# 137 MVP9072 @ 10/30/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Alright fellas. Here is the deal.
GOOD THANK YOU

# 138 jayman504 @ 10/30/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Rosters were released with Dwight on lakers but everyone in the trade not moved. What did you guys really expect?

At this point 2k is that dead beat dad who keeps telling you he'll pick you up from school on your bday but every year same thing. No show. And i have to sit back and watch the hearts break.
LMAO...I hope this didnt happen to you...cause that's cold man

# 139 Steve_OS @ 10/30/12 12:39 PM
Discuss here.

Seems the devs uploaded the wrong update.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.