Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

UPDATE:
Quote:
There will be a #NBA2K13 roster update early tomorrow morning.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gramps91 @ 10/30/12 05:03 PM
lol I actually find this kind of hilarious

# 122 Majingir @ 10/30/12 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
No, you paid money for the game. You didn't pay money for the post-release updates. They don't have to do those if they choose not to.
People pay $60 because they expect post release updates/patches to happen as well.

If NBA2K14(or any game,sports or non sports related) came out and the developers told people before the game came out, that they wouldn't be doing any sort of post-release tuner,patch or anything, don't you think the sales for that game would suffer?

Fans won't be paying $60 for a game that could have issues that WON'T be fixed. 10 years ago the excuse could be something like "there's no way of addressing any issues in the game", today, with online and everything, there's no excuse to not address some issues in the game.

# 123 BryGuy0416 @ 10/30/12 05:11 PM
I wonder if there is any chance they get this done before the Wizards vs Cavs or an hour later the Celtics and Heat tip off tonite.

# 124 iLead2VIctory @ 10/30/12 05:12 PM

# 125 zniv @ 10/30/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
That is a collateral effect of importing ... of copying players through created teams ... best tip, dont keep importing or everyone else will be affected ... the only way to correct that, is to start over.

It has been like that, glitching, since ever ... Funny thing, they took back exporting teams as they thought it was the sole cause of such glitchs ... obviously, it isnt ... and obviously it was a quick, unthought, incorrect and easy way to deal with it.
Thank you. I thought that was the case, since I have in fact imported the missing rookies/players from the past 2 updates.

I guess I will start over once I copy down all my edits in a spreadsheet , but its incredibly frustrating that even simply importing could mess your rosters up that badly. I did the same thing in 2K12 without a hitch.

Snapped a pic on my phone of Leroy Lin, this one will live forever for me. Still, I wonder if I kept on importing what would be next...Leroy James?

The lesson here, people: DO NOT IMPORT PLAYERS TO YOUR ROSTERS! THEY WILL BECOME LEROYS!

# 126 seanbarkley @ 10/30/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
No, you paid money for the game. You didn't pay money for the post-release updates. They don't have to do those if they choose not to.
No need to be so obtuse dude. Of course they can choose not no update anything but:

- Would be the only sports game to do that nowadays.

- They can try to do something like that and see how many copies they sell next year.

Nowadays updates are something implicit in every sports game, if you don't see that your ideas are a lil bit archaic for these days.

# 127 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 05:19 PM
lol @ anyone thinking this update was a "mistake."

I'll bet anyone the only changes to the "correct" update will be the real players traded in the Harden deal. I bet no new rookies will be added other than Kris Joseph, O'Keefe and that Euro for Brooklyn.

# 128 scottyp180 @ 10/30/12 05:23 PM
No matter what 2k does people will find something to complain about. It's impossible to please everyone. It's amazing how upset people get over the roster of a videogame. Y'all must either have perfect lives and nothing else to worry about or just flip up whenever something happens that you don't like.

If the sheed screenshot is any indication then 2k is at least adding some additional players that weren't originially in the game so hopefully the rosters will be pretty accurate. Thanks 2k for acknowledging the mistake and releasing a fix. For some players on this board It seems that 2k is all they have in life and they don't understand how or why the developers behind the game would make a mistake.

# 129 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 05:24 PM
The only thing that is encouraging to me is the Rasheed Wallace picture on the main page. Is that a screenshot from the upcoming update?

If Rasheed is in it, the other rookies HAVE to be in it. Rasheed signed, when, early September? Those other rookies had guarnateed contracts in mid July for crying out loud.

# 130 jeremym480 @ 10/30/12 05:27 PM
Man I hope when this roster update comes it has all the missing players and is 99.5% accurate. If not, like a wise man named Bubba once said, "It's gon' get ugly in here".

# 131 Noles4ever @ 10/30/12 05:32 PM
Ronnie just tweeted to someone update coming tomorrow AM.

# 132 JasonMartin @ 10/30/12 05:32 PM
Why do people keep defending 2K? Seriously, stop doing it. You are making a fool out of yourself when you keep saying "2K doesn't owe you anything".

1. Every game out there drops some kind of patch to fix bugs/glitches= improvement

2. Every sports game has regular roster updates (transfers,signings,trades,...)

3. Every game has updates (accessories,...).

If you guys think 2K shouldn't do any of this and just keep it AS IS, how ignorant can you be?
1. No one would buy this game

2. 2K would shoot itself in the foot for doing this

The gaming industry has changed massively. I I know it's more difficult compared to 10 years ago to make games and it takes a lot of time but that's normal evolution. I know companies try to work as fast as possible and good as possible but sometimes they are just lazy and think "oh well we can patch it later on, 4 months after the release". That's a horrible attitude which is being used a lot. That's the way 2K (likes to) works.

Back in the days games had to be finished on time and the developers had 1 shot, it was hit or miss. If your game had too many bugs you were screwed so they tested their game extensively. Today it seems, because of the deadline problems they are facing, is the lack of testing. A company like 2K should use their brains and let us, the audience, 2K players, test the game extensively 2 months ahead, 1 month ahead, 2 weeks before the release and then play the final game 1 week before it comes out. So that when millions of people who buy the game get a proper game without the most obvious errors.

How in the hell is it possible that 2K doesn't notice the MyCareer glitch? How is it possible that the scoreboard dissappears? How is it even possible that 2K thought the autosave would be a good thing?

I seriously can't believe that 2K actually tested this game, no way on earth. I see the most stupid things. Play 10 hours and you'll notice them.

I'm really wondering what is going on with 2K. I knew this would happen if EA didn't release an NBA game this year.

2K sports is good at hyping the **** out of this game. They spent a lot of money and time (I know, this is the marketing department who does this) on hiring Jay-Z and probably paying for Bieber and other nonsense. Next time they should use the few 100k/millions they got on hiring new educated and smart people who do their job properly. The basics -gameplay- first (I must say, I like the game this year, 2K12 was horrible we all know that), and then keep yourself busy with what the little kids would like.

EA ****ed up big time, it's a sad thing. I'm 99% positive that 2K would treat us customers in a totally different way when there would be competition with EA Sports.

2K sports is a company that doesn't know how to communicate and leaves us in the dark.

# 133 joe_king @ 10/30/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
I hope you're joking.
I promise ifl my Pistons roster isn't complete, or I can't at the very least play with Singler and English online...I am done with 2k! Can't wait for a Live comeback

# 134 walnuts56 @ 10/30/12 05:37 PM
I can not believe the all the losers who complain about meaningless things like what rthe courts look like and if players are wearing the right colored headbands, armbands etc etc.

Spare me that bull****.

All that matters is that every player with a guaranteed contract is in the game. Accurate rosters are what matters.

Who gives a **** about decorations?

# 135 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 05:42 PM
lol @ people defending 2k for this horrific roster updates.

In case you should know, MLB The SHOW updates their rosters EVERY Monday morning and it includes every SINGLE player (including no-name rookies) that play for the team. Now that is dedication, part of the reason why I respect Sony Sports more than 2k.

# 136 nuckles2k2 @ 10/30/12 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuts56
I can not believe the all the losers who complain about meaningless things like what rthe courts look like and if players are wearing the right colored headbands, armbands etc etc.

Spare me that bull****.

All that matters is that every player with a guaranteed contract is in the game. Accurate rosters are what matters.

Who gives a **** about decorations?
Why isn't it enough for you to just say you want accurate rosters?

Some folks like their games as accurate as possible, others aren't detailed oriented and just want the "basics," and some folks just mash buttons and couldn't care less about anything else.

It's super short-sighted to tell other people they're wrong because they don't see it your way.

Preferences, my man. When you ignore them, you look ignorant.

# 137 FedExPope @ 10/30/12 05:48 PM
This is the last forum I expected to see such vitriol and venom towards a dev team. Usually its limited to one or two trolls but it seems there's an infestation as of late.

Some of you are just horrible, miserable little ****s aren't you?

# 138 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 05:53 PM
All I know is that hell will freeze over if tomorrow's update isn't improved...lol

# 139 Twista209 @ 10/30/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
This is the last forum I expected to see such vitriol and venom towards a dev team. Usually its limited to one or two trolls but it seems there's an infestation as of late.

Some of you are just horrible, miserable little ****s aren't you?
We want what we paid for. If you go to a restaurant and order a 12 oz Ribeye cooked well done and you receive a fried chicken leg wouldn't you be pissed or would you just say "oh well, I will take what I get?"

Everyone on here has every right to speak what they expect. We were promised many things from 2K and yet again they are not delivering.

# 140 MarvinOida @ 10/30/12 05:58 PM
Hopefully they update it, Shawne Williams isn't on the Portland Trail Blazers, Elliot Williams is injured FOR THE YEAR, Sasha Pavolvic is on the 15 man roster (as I recall) and Claver and Freeland should be on the roster.

Honestly when a roster update comes, a Thread called, "Notable Corrections for Roster Update _______" and we as a community help the 2K Insider and tell him our teams correct roster, gear, shoes whatever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.