Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Madden NFL 13 for the Wii U will be available on November 13th, but the Wii U console itself will not be available until November 18th.

As most of you already know, the Wii U version will not include the Infinity Engine or Madden Ultimate Team. Below are some of the features that will be included.

With beautiful HD graphics, an in-depth Career mode, and exclusive Touch Screen features, Madden NFL 13 on Wii U delivers the most authentic NFL experience ever on a Nintendo platform. Build your own legacy as a player or a coach—or relive the glory of an all-time legend—in Connected Careers. Immerse yourself in the Madden NFL experience with features exclusive to Wii U, including streamlined playcalling, personnel management, and more—all directed from the innovate touch screen on the Wii U™ GamePad. Madden NFL 13—bringing next generation innovation, gameplay, and graphics to a Nintendo platform like never before.
  • Touch Screen Controls – Call plays, draw up Hot Routes, adjust defensive assignments and call audibles all using the built-in touch screen on the GamePad. Fans can also navigate the playbook, make substitutions and change personnel package all with simple taps and swipes of the touch screen.
  • Connected Careers – Create your own personal legacy as a player or coach or relive the storied career of a legend, with up to 32 friends per league. All this, plus a dynamic story engine, virtual Twitter feed populated by real-life media personalities, social integration and team management from PCs, tablets and smartphones, combines to create the first true sports RPG, encased in a fully connected universe that’s on 24/7.
  • Next Gen Gameplay – With features new to the franchise like a completely redesigned passing game and the most intelligent pass defense to date, Madden NFL 13 on Wii U brings next gen gameplay and graphics straight to your living room like never before.
  • All-New Commentary – Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth.
  • HD Graphics – With a living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability, Madden NFL 13 is game-changing from boot-up to credits.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DJ @ 11/05/12 09:05 PM
I like it. Looks like it'll be very similar to the Vita version of Madden 13, which isn't a bad thing.

# 2 rudyjuly2 @ 11/06/12 06:12 AM
I just don't know how well this version will sell. Most people that want Madden will have Madden already. And the early adopters for the Wii U will probably buy Mario first with the limited left over money for only 1 or 2 more games. I hope EA doesn't view bad sales on the system as a sign not to make any more games for it. I think the tablet game pad has a lot of potential for sports games - easier play calls, subs, stats, etc.

# 3 ggsimmonds @ 11/06/12 06:42 AM
So no infinity engine, yet they are touting "next gen gameplay?" Oh just gotta love marketing

# 4 rudyjuly2 @ 11/06/12 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
So no infinity engine, yet they are touting "next gen gameplay?" Oh just gotta love marketing
The Infinity engine is just a tackling engine. It's not a real physics engine. NCAA doesn't have it either and they can still call it next gen gameplay. I do like the changes to IE after patch 3 but I don't think this was a game changing feature imo.

# 5 DJ @ 11/06/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just don't know how well this version will sell. Most people that want Madden will have Madden already. And the early adopters for the Wii U will probably buy Mario first with the limited left over money for only 1 or 2 more games. I hope EA doesn't view bad sales on the system as a sign not to make any more games for it. I think the tablet game pad has a lot of potential for sports games - easier play calls, subs, stats, etc.
Yeah, the controller-specific features for sports games could get interesting with the WiiU. I think the Madden sales will be decent; yes people will mostly be buying the WiiU for the first-party games, but there will be people that want some sports games for this system, so I think they will sell.

# 6 roadman @ 11/06/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Bearcat
It's madden 12 gameplay with a gimmicky touchscreen. What a waste of time
Waste of time for us, but if the Johnny Jr's of the world think that is neat, it will be under the tree for xmas.

# 7 rudyjuly2 @ 11/06/12 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I don't plan on getting a WiiU but I do love the idea of having a touch screen for calling plays. Especially for head to head games as your opponent will no longer be able to see that it's one of these 3 plays.
Who flips to get to use the tablet lol? I'm just waiting for my kids to fight over that controller when playing Mario.

# 8 bigsmallwood @ 11/08/12 10:35 PM
I look forward to playing this on my Wii U!!!

# 9 SaylaB @ 11/09/12 11:36 AM
Custom hot routes look awesome. I always felt like the hot routes were somewhat limited.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.