Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Thanks to pjt8405, here is a full list of transactions needed for the next NBA 2K13 roster update, which includes name, contract status, position played and jersey number.

Fully Guaranteed Players Missing

New York Knicks
  • James White – 1 year Guaranteed contract - SF/SG - #4
Detroit Pistons
  • Kyle Singler – 3 year guaranteed contract - SF/PF - #25
  • Slava Krostov – One year guaranteed with non-guaranteed team option for 2nd year - C/PF - #55
Toronto Raptors
  • Alan Anderson – One Year Contract Guaranteed - SF/SG - # 6
San Antonio Spurs
  • Nando De Colo - 2 year guaranteed contract - SG/PG - #25
Portland Trail Blazers
  • Joel Freeland – 3 year guaranteed contract - PF/C - #19
  • Victor Claver – 3 year guaranteed contract - SF/PF - #18
Non-Guaranteed Players Missing

Philadelphia 76ers
  • Maalik Wayns – Unguaranteed - PG - #18
Charlotte Bobcats
  • Cory Higgins - Unguaranteed - PG/SG - #11
Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Donald Sloan - Unguaranteed - # 15
Miami Heat
  • Terrell Harris - Unguaranteed - SG/PG - #14
New Orleans Hornets
  • Brian Roberts - Unguaranteed - PG - #22
  • Lance Thomas - Unguaranteed - SF/PF - #42
Utah Jazz
  • Kevin Murphy – 2 year unguaranteed - SF/SG - #55
New York Knicks
  • Chris Copeland - Unguaranteed - PF/SF - #14
Los Angeles Lakers
  • Darius Johnson Odom - Unguaranteed - SG/PG - #7
  • Robert Sacre - Unguaranteed - C - #50
Orlando Magic
  • Dequan Jones - Unguaranteed - SF/SG - #20
  • Denver Nuggets
  • Julyan Stone – Unguaranteed contract - PG/SG - #10
Houston Rockets
  • Scott Machado - 2 year partially guaranteed contract - PG - # 1
  • Greg Smith - Unguaranteed - C/PF - #4
Phoenix Suns
  • PJ Tucker – unguaranteed contract - SF/PF - #17
  • Luke Zeller - Unguaranteed - PF/C - #40
  • Diante Garrett - Unguaranteed - PG/SG - #10
Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Will Conroy - Unguaranteed - PG - #5
Golden St. Warriors
  • Kent Bazemore – Unguaranteed - SG - #20
Players that need to be added from Free Agent Pool

None

Players that need to be removed

Remove players from Free Agent Pool, due to overseas signing
  • Terrence Williams - Signed in China
  • Von Wafer - Signed in China
  • Gilbert Arenas - Pending deal to sign in China
  • Jamaal McGloire - Player Development coach for raptors
  • Garret Siler - Signed in China
  • Hamady N'Diyae - Signed in China
  • Jermaine Taylor - Signed in Spain
  • Mehmet Okur - Retired
  • Sundiata Gaines - Signed in China
  • Anthony Carter - Development coach on Nuggets staff
  • Gani Lawal - Signed in Italy
  • Brian Skinner - Retired
  • Malik Allen - Retired
  • Trey Johnson - Signed in Italy
  • Chris Quinn - Signed in Spain
  • Charlie Bell - Signed in Italy
Assistant Coach Changes for accurate Association Mode

Dallas Mavericks
  • Jim O’Brien replaces Terry Stotts as Stotts is now the Head Coach of the Blazers.
Memphis Grizzlies
  • Dave Joerger replaces Henry Bibby as Bibby is still there but Joerger is the lead Asst. along with being one of the top up and coming coaching candidates.
Sacramento Kings
  • Alex English replaces Mario Elie as Elie has moved to the NJ Nets coaching Staff.
Los Angeles Lakers
  • Bernie Bickerstaff is Interim Head Coach. Eddie Jordan is Lead Assistant Coach replacing John Kuester
Utah Jazz
  • Jeff Hornacek replaces Scott Layden as Layden has taken a Asst.GM position with the Spurs.
Orlando Magic
  • James Boreggo replaces Patrick Ewing as lead Asst. Coach. He is the lead Asst. this year under new Head Coach Jacque Vaughn.
New Jersey Nets
  • PJ Carlesimo replaces Sam Mitchell - Mitchell is a Studio Analyst as Carlesimo has been the lead Asst. Since last season.
Toronto Raptors
  • Johnny Davis replaces Alex English - Alex English is coaching with the Kings since last season.
Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Terry Porter replaces Bill Laimbeer (now NBA TV analyst) - Porter has been on staff since last season and is the lead Asst.
Portland Trail Blazers
  • Jay Triano replaces Bernie Bickerstaff as he was let go after Terry Stotts was hired as Head Coach
Chicago Bulls
  • Ron Adams is lead Assistant Coach not Ed Pinckney as Pinckney was only added as of last season.
Atlanta Hawks
  • Lester Connor is Lead Assistant Coach over Bob Bender.
Phoenix Suns
  • Elston Turner is Lead Assistant Coach as Bill Cartwright was released late last season.
Washington Wizards
  • Don Newman replaces Sam Cassell as lead Asst. Coach. Newman comes over from Spurs staff.
2KInsider added/removed the following players in new update

Removed
  • Jonny Flynn
  • Tracy McGrady
  • Josh Powell
  • Derrick Brown
Added
  • Alexey Shved - T-Wolves - Generic CAP
  • Mirza Teletovic - Nets - Generic CAP
  • Pablo Prigioni - Knicks - Generic CAP

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TUSS11 @ 11/10/12 04:26 PM
It took over a week to add these minimal changes. Something doesn't add up.

Here are the possible reason I can think of:
1. The 2K Insider only works one hour per week
2. The 2K Insider has other responsibilities at the 2K office
3. The 2K Insider doesn't exist and 2K has been lying to us all along

# 82 JasonMartin @ 11/10/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InthePaint
His highest average was 24ppg in Toronto 2010, you think he's better now?
Yeah, I kinda do. I wish Miami didn't have Wade anymore and had to rely on Bosh - LBJ (like last year). Were a great few games.

# 83 JasonMartin @ 11/10/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
It took over a week to add these minimal changes. Something doesn't add up.

Here are the possible reason I can think of:
1. The 2K Insider only works one hour per week
2. The 2K Insider has other responsibilities at the 2K office
3. The 2K Insider doesn't exist and 2K has been lying to us all along
The 2K insider is the plumber who has to drop by once a week after the toilets won't flush anymore.

# 84 raidertiger @ 11/10/12 04:54 PM
What an absolutely pathetic update. 2k do you know why we want these missing players? It's because we want cyberfaces! A monkey could go on 2k share and download better players than you created.

# 85 walnuts56 @ 11/10/12 05:23 PM
lol they finally addeed Teletovic and Shved

Too bad there are sill 20 players missing

# 86 chadeo23 @ 11/10/12 05:28 PM
Is there actually anything we can do to tell 2K that this is not acceptable and that every time they release an update like this it's just one big insult? I feel like they're mocking us or something...like they're just saying "Ya we don't care...you already bought the game...what are you gonna do about it?". I want to do something about it! The rosters are bad every year but to me, this is the worst yet.

# 87 Goffs @ 11/10/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeo23
Is there actually anything we can do to tell 2K that this is not acceptable and that every time they release an update like this it's just one big insult? I feel like they're mocking us or something...like they're just saying "Ya we don't care...you already bought the game...what are you gonna do about it?". I want to do something about it! The rosters are bad every year but to me, this is the worst yet.
Owen Good from kotaku...he can probably get to the bottom of who 2k insider is by writing article on how bad the rosters are.

# 88 keshunleon @ 11/10/12 06:18 PM
2K need to update the roster rotation.

And you can dress on the bench 13 players. That is a new rule, as the maximum before this past season was 12 players dressed and in uniform for a game. Now 13 players can dress for a game and a coach usually uses a rotation of 8 to 10 players each game.

# 89 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/10/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungturbo
Every body know he is 6'10 same goes for durant who is closer to 6'11 but there listed at PG 6'8 and KD 6'9 so 2k has to go by what the nba list them as so just get over it.
The commentary INSIDE the game says he's 6'10"....KD was listed at his correct height, since NBA 2K10. When the feature USED to be on the website, people argued about that until he finally changed it.

# 90 chadeo23 @ 11/10/12 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
Unfortunately, we here on OS make up a very, very small portion of 2K's overall audience. Ronnie2K claims up and down to be monitoring this thread, so theoretically our displeasure has already been communicated to 2K.

However, the average, casual consumer of 2K13 has absolutely no idea who guys like Chris Copeland, Brian Roberts, and PJ Tucker are, so adding guys like them to the game isn't urgent to 2K. Yeah, we here on OS are displeased...but the average gamer is perfectly content because James Harden is on the Rockets. It sucks because our displeasure couldn't matter less to 2K, but I suppose that's just business - sales are as high as ever. As long as they get SOMETHING out, most people are happy.

I just wish they would provide a reason why someone like Kyle Singler, who is an important rotation guy for Detroit, or DeQuan Jones, who has started for Orlando, are missing. It just boggles the mind.
Ya you have a point there. But what bothers me so much is that NBA 2K13 is a simulation basketball game. They put all the effort in to make this game play like the real thing so how can you not put in the real rosters? It's a complete contradiction and is mind boggling like you said. Everyone I know who plays this game plays it for it's simulation style and realism...not arcade/just for fun

Singler, Cook, Alan Anderson is basically a sixth man for the raptors and still not in the game.

# 91 Flightwhite24 @ 11/10/12 06:27 PM
It has to be an issue on 2K's as to why the obvious its not happening with the rosters. Thank goodness i don't have some of the issues that some of you do. My advice would to just find out who has the rosters that closest resembles what you are looking for and move on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 92 Po Pimp @ 11/10/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
2K need to update the roster rotation.

And you can dress on the bench 13 players. That is a new rule, as the maximum before this past season was 12 players dressed and in uniform for a game. Now 13 players can dress for a game and a coach usually uses a rotation of 8 to 10 players each game.
This. No reason Marquis Teague should be getting minutes over Nate Robinson. Even the starter's minutes are messed up.

Aside from that, I think something else is going on with the rotation. 2k12 had it pretty much perfect if you put the fatigue slider at a certain level. But it seems like on 2k13, mo matter what, the subs come at the wrong times. What NBA team takes out starters halfway through the first quarter, inserts them to begin the second, only to have them ride the bench after the halfway point of the 2nd quarter?

# 93 LionsFanNJ @ 11/10/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
It has to be an issue on 2K's as to why the obvious its not happening with the rosters. Thank goodness i don't have some of the issues that some of you do. My advice would to just find out who has the rosters that closest resembles what you are looking for and move on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. I went and downloaded a Teletovic from 2k share and went from there.

# 94 Flightwhite24 @ 11/10/12 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Exactly. I went and downloaded a Teletovic from 2k share and went from there.
I just don't understand why some can't let it go. I'm pretty sure the next update will not be 100% accurate and the next and the next and so on. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that there is a reason as to why the rosters are the way they are and it's probably not to due laziness as some might think. If I'm wrong? Oh well I'm wrong then. "Men" speak your peace and move on.

# 95 JerzeyReign @ 11/10/12 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I just don't understand why some can't let it go. I'm pretty sure the next update will not be 100% accurate and the next and the next and so on. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that there is a reason as to why the rosters are the way they are and it's probably not to due laziness as some might think. If I'm wrong? Oh well I'm wrong then. "Men" speak your peace and move on.
I play online. If you can explain how to get custom rosters in an OA I'd shut my trap. Until then I'm tweeting this thread every time I think of basketball. Sidenote: I think of basketball a lot

# 96 Flightwhite24 @ 11/10/12 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I play online. If you can explain how to get custom rosters in an OA I'd shut my trap. Until then I'm tweeting this thread every time I think of basketball. Sidenote: I think of basketball a lot

I don't have an answer for you JerzeyReign wish I did. As someone mentioned earlier maybe you should tweet the Kobe "Stare of Death" Lol

# 97 MrBigShot1 @ 11/10/12 07:40 PM
The past three updates combined together make a half-baked update. Individually, you can't even call them updates..

# 98 Taer @ 11/10/12 07:42 PM
It would be nice if 2k had separate accessible rosters for offline and online use; it would make a lot more flexibility available to both online and offline uses.

# 99 built @ 11/10/12 08:30 PM
Message to NBA 2kinsider: They have not fired you yet? Get back to me later.

# 100 SteboSSK @ 11/10/12 08:46 PM
Have they ever updated coaches in roster updates?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.