Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is scheduled to arrive in stores on March 5, 2013 for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, just in time for Spring training. For the first time, fans will decide who is on the cover of the game, as the cover campaign rolls out in January. Candidates will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

Quote:
Nothing compares to Postseason baseball. That’s why The Show offers an All-New Playoff Mode, which includes an in-stadium atmosphere that replicates the excitement and tension of October baseball. The experience is unrivaled by anything The Show has ever exhibited.

Other new features include a completely new beginner mode and instructional enhancements that make The Show the best pick-up and play baseball experience available. In addition, the improved Play Now mode streamlines gameplay, for faster and simpler games. San Diego Studios has also revamped The Show’s Franchise and Road To The Show modes with expanded options and new gameplay experiences.

Taking The Show on the road? The PS Vita version of The Show features the same list of upgrades and new features as the PS3 version. As with last year, you can sync your Season, Franchise and Road to the Show saves between platforms to continue the action anywhere. MLB The Show also offers the opportunity to play with friends around the world at no extra cost on PlayStation Network.

These are just a few of the enhancements San Diego Studios have made to the 2013 version of The Show. All new features and game modes will be unveiled and detailed throughout the coming months.

Source - Fans Will Decide the Cover of MLB 13 The Show (PlayStation.Blog)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 videobastard @ 11/30/12 12:01 AM
The playoff mode is a plus. Im usually just a online league and play now vs other humans type of player. But with the playoff mode i can see myself setting up some rival matchups vs the cpu and being taken in by the presentation.

# 62 Nooooovak @ 11/30/12 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
The list is too show other players that are deserving of the honor of cover guy for the game OTHER than the top six obvious choices that everyone is nameing and Trout of course is one of those...That is why harper, Strasburg, Cabrera and all the others that have already been mentioned arent on there as well.
As a Mariners fan, I can tell you that Casper Wells is NOT very deserving of a spot on the cover. Awesome guy, but as a baseball player, he wasn't much more than a decent platoon player last year. Kyle Seager and Dustin Ackley are better picks.

# 63 seanjeezy @ 11/30/12 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooooovak
As a Mariners fan, I can tell you that Casper Wells is NOT very deserving of a spot on the cover. Awesome guy, but as a baseball player, he wasn't much more than a decent platoon player last year. Kyle Seager and Dustin Ackley are better picks.
Felix *cough cough*

# 64 dbacks_Nation @ 11/30/12 02:20 AM
Let's all vote for Aaron Heilman.

# 65 Blzer @ 11/30/12 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacks_Nation
Let's all vote for Aaron Heilman.
I think it will be like five preselected players or whatever, not just whoever you want. I can't remember if it was in this thread, but the players probably already know who they are, and have probably done all of the photo-shoots and promos, or what have you. Whichever is selected is the one that will be used.

It will probably be of the five in the first screenshots, too. At least, that doesn't seem very far-fetched anyway.

# 66 dbacks_Nation @ 11/30/12 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think it will be like five preselected players or whatever, not just whoever you want. I can't remember if it was in this thread, but the players probably already know who they are, and have probably done all of the photo-shoots and promos, or what have you. Whichever is selected is the one that will be used.

It will probably be of the five in the first screenshots, too. At least, that doesn't seem very far-fetched anyway.
Yeah I figured, I have a feeling those 5 would come down to:

Cabrera
Trout
McCutchen (My Vote)
Posey
Stanton

# 67 tnixen @ 11/30/12 11:37 AM
I think MLB 13 The Show should have 2 covers and 2 players on each cover!

AL Cy Young winner David Price and NL MVP winner Buster Posey.

And the other cover

NL Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey and AL MVP winner Miguel Cabrera.

And on the cover it would look like the pitcher is pitching to the batter.

Am I the only one here who thinks its time MLB The Show had 2 players on the cover? I just think it would be cool to have both the Cy Young and MVP winners on the same cover. If not for 13 then this should be done for sure starting with MLB 14 The Show.

# 68 ckarlic @ 11/30/12 03:05 PM

# 69 AC @ 11/30/12 05:00 PM
I nominate Joe Inglett.

# 70 ryan36 @ 11/30/12 09:12 PM
Jesse Orosco standing cover - to -cover with Paul Assenmacher.

"Announcing lefty relief legends mode!"

# 71 Bobhead @ 12/01/12 12:19 AM
JUST when I was thinking about skipping 2013's game, I stumble upon this gem:

Quote:
San Diego Studios has also revamped The Show’s Franchise [mode]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know what to say lol

# 72 Kernel Pie @ 12/03/12 07:48 PM
Melky Cabrera anyone...anyone?

# 73 Sports fanantic @ 12/03/12 11:41 PM
Kung Fu Panda!

# 74 gator3guy @ 12/04/12 12:09 AM

# 75 Bobhead @ 12/04/12 12:15 AM
^ God that is definitely the post of the year. Very first thing I saw when I entered this topic from my User CP page.

I second the notion, by the way.

# 76 Mabster @ 12/04/12 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
That might be the only vote Brooks Conrad gets.

Spoiler

# 77 metal134 @ 12/05/12 08:09 PM
I can never decide whether I love or hate this time of year in regards to baseball gaming. On the one hand,, I love it because we start getting all the exciting info. On the other hand, I hate it because we are still 3 months away from getting our hands on it.

# 78 TheGreatModini @ 12/07/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

in-stadium atmosphere that replicates the excitement and tension of October baseball. The experience is unrivaled by anything The Show has ever exhibited

Source - Fans Will Decide the Cover of MLB 13 The Show (PlayStation.Blog)
I love love love it. Hopefully new audio files are utilized - chants, PA rallys...etc. I wish we could mod this game, I'd love to have those files.

# 79 RM813 @ 12/07/12 09:32 PM
Threads like this make me want to cry! The Rays passed on Buster Posey in the 2008 draft. If we had him we would be even more dominant of a team. Makes me so sad.

# 80 DickDalewood @ 12/30/12 08:14 AM
I would assume Best Buy just has it listed wrong, but we might as well get everyone debating with this February 5 release date:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+13%3...&skuId=7110104

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.