Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show screenshots. Looks like Nike is in, good eye bp4baseball and baseballin23!

Click here to see a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Flaxseed Oil @ 11/26/12 04:18 PM
I am guessing those are the contestants for the cover

# 42 bp4baseball @ 11/26/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I am guessing those are the contestants for the cover
Yes it seems they are in the running, though I believe more will be unveiled during December.

# 43 tree3five @ 11/26/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Also Andrew still doesn't have long hair which is very dissapointing.
Cutch had his long dreads in MLB 12. And it looks like he still has them in that screen, the hair is just behind his shoulder. In real life Cutch always has his dreads in like a pony tail, so maybe they did something like that which would be cool.

# 44 Richie12 @ 11/26/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why the nike logo appears to be so important to many but the fact that the sleeves look like bell bottoms from the 70's doesnt. Also Andrew still doesn't have long hair which is very dissapointing. Can't say that the game looks any different from last year but it still looks nice.
I pay more attention to the Nike logo than cleats by example. On every close-up you can see it, that's why I would like it in the game. Actual shirts wore in the game look old style compared to those new Nike Combat.

Maybe 'cause I'm a baseball nuts who have at least one Nike Combat gear for each team add to the equation as well lollll

# 45 Lovesports @ 11/26/12 05:14 PM
I guess if the nike logo represents a possiblity of new nike shoes, gloves etc then yes...I'm as excited as the next guy, but if its just the mock turtle neck logo then no...I could care less. As for Cutch, I don't recall him having a pony tail in 12' but I might have missed it. It looked to me like he had jerry curls but thats about it.

# 46 statum71 @ 11/26/12 05:49 PM
Looks the same.......

.....which is great, because I always felt it was the best looking game by far. Not sure what else we could ask for.

# 47 ARMORALLL @ 11/26/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Looks great but i think i'm going to have to skip this year. While this game is amazing, it's not a game I NEED to have every year because the updates aren't drastic so it's just the roster that is the real issue. It takes so long to do a Season if you don't like to simulate so i'm no where near done with mine in the last game. I'll skip this year and get next and the change will be even stronger. The game is amazing which is the reason I can still get another years use out of last years game.
This is what I did last year. I felt the changes didn't add much from 11. I'm interested to find out what 13's coming up with.

# 48 h4mbon3s @ 11/26/12 06:44 PM
I can't wait to see what they've done with franchise and RTTS.

# 49 tree3five @ 11/26/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
I guess if the nike logo represents a possiblity of new nike shoes, gloves etc then yes...I'm as excited as the next guy, but if its just the mock turtle neck logo then no...I could care less. As for Cutch, I don't recall him having a pony tail in 12' but I might have missed it. It looked to me like he had jerry curls but thats about it.
cutch had dreads in MLB 12, but not in a pony tail. I was saying that maybe he has a pony tail in that MLB 13 screen, thats why you cant see them.

I am very confident that he will at least have the long dreads like he did in MLB 12.

# 50 snaz16 @ 11/26/12 07:56 PM
Perhaps a Nike logo may result in Nike signage around various stadiums,not a big deal,but more real business signs just adds to the atmosphere. The mods for 2k12 pc version is a good example of this.
As far as not enough improvements to get 13,to each their own. But a new playoff mode(and I assume we will be able to pick who is in the playoffs),and a quick play option for play now mode(hopefully getting 9 inn. games in say a 1/2 hr.) means more good gaming.
Add in the extra wild card play in games,the Astros moving to the AL,inducing interleague play,well its already sucked me in. Besides I can hang on to 12 for the 1994 roster set put out by Knight and Co. Sounds good to me!

# 51 Unit303 @ 11/26/12 08:03 PM
I certainly hope there are improvements being made to lighting and turf and grass colors or I don't really have an excuse to drop 60 for this. It will be another wait and get at 20 year for me. I still remain excited though as always.

# 52 Bluejaysfan65 @ 11/26/12 09:01 PM
From what I just saw, it looks like we have another great game to play next year. It seems like MLB The Show can never fail to provide us with something to look forward to, year in and year out.

# 53 vessel29 @ 11/26/12 09:53 PM
I am very excited about this news. I want to see the info that details the changes to the franchise and RTTS modes before I buy the game. With MLB 12 because there were no big changes in those two modes I waited until about September to buy it. Hope there are some good changes to franchise and RTTS that would make me want to buy on March 5th.

# 54 Arod2k9 @ 11/26/12 10:42 PM
Not really impressed, Miguel Cabrera looks too thin still as he needs a wider built. Seriously, Posey didn't get a a new cyberface? I hope and pray they fixed Giants Brandon Crawford as he didn't look anything like him in 12.

# 55 Lovesports @ 11/26/12 10:58 PM
In all honesty, they don't look any better from last year...actually no different at all. I hope they make franchise changes because like someone mentioned the last two years were almost identical games.

# 56 seanjeezy @ 11/26/12 11:09 PM
Quote:
In all honesty, they don't look any better from last year...actually no different at all. I hope they make franchise changes because like someone mentioned the last two years were almost identical games.
Lol you make it sound like the Show has terrible graphics. Its not like we're stuck with MLB 2K graphics so honestly what were you expecting visually? If the only thing you can nitpick about is sleeve length then I'd say SCEA is doing a pretty good job. As for your identical games comment, never mind the fact that the single greatest addition last year was the new ball physics, and anyone who actually played the game will tell you that it put '12 heads and shoulders above previous versions.

# 57 nemesis04 @ 11/27/12 08:05 AM
With the PS4 coming sooner then later I would not expect to see anything really different graphics wise with the game.

# 58 tnixen @ 11/27/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
With the PS4 coming sooner then later I would not expect to see anything really different graphics wise with the game.

Thats my thinking also.

PS4 is right around the corner

But I am sure MLB 13 The Show on PS3 will still be a wonderful upgrade from 12!

# 59 Richie12 @ 11/27/12 09:43 AM
Concerning that Kemp screenshot at Miller Park, I did some testing yesterday to see how is the lighting out there and if there's a possibility the roof was closed.

Current lighting you see is for sure an afternoon game. I've reproduced the exact angle on 9th inning. Light you see at the plate is coming from sidewall windows. What is lying is that illuminated spot on top right corner. This light spot (is part of the outfield as well) should not show up in case we would have a closed roof option.

So I'm 99% sure this screenshot is taken from a normal afternoon game late inning.

Not saying it's not in the game,just not this shot ;-)

# 60 nemesis04 @ 11/27/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Concerning that Kemp screenshot at Miller Park, I did some testing yesterday to see how is the lighting out there and if there's a possibility the roof was closed.

Current lighting you see is for sure an afternoon game. I've reproduced the exact angle on 9th inning. Light you see at the plate is coming from sidewall windows. What is lying is that illuminated spot on top right corner. This light spot (is part of the outfield as well) should not show up in case we would have a closed roof option.

So I'm 99% sure this screenshot is taken from a normal afternoon game late inning.

Not saying it's not in the game,just not this shot ;-)
Considering they have said they have to rebuild the stadium to get the closed roof, you will not see it until the PS4. That would be my take on the situation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.