Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 patch has arrived for PS3 and 360. The details on the patch haven't been released yet, but we'll update this post as soon as they are available.

UPDATE: NBA 2K13 Patch Details

GAMEPLAY
  • Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
  • Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
  • Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
  • Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
  • Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the “Take Charge” animation.
  • Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
  • Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
  • AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
  • Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
  • Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
  • AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
  • AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
  • Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
  • Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
  • When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
  • Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
  • Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
  • A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
  • Tuned three-point percentage.
GENERAL
  • NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
  • Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
  • Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
  • Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
  • Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
  • (360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.
MyCAREER
  • Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
  • Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
  • ‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
  • Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
  • Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the “Defend Your Home Court” billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
  • Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
  • When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
  • You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal “Give your team the lead before the game ends” when subbed out before the end of the game.
  • The Teammate Chemistry rating on the “Play Next Game” loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
  • The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.
ASSOCIATION
  • 3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
  • Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
  • Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
  • (Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
  • (Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 thedude @ 11/27/12 08:43 AM
I just played 2 games on All-Star as the Clippers with sim sliders and 12 minute quarters. I really don't see much of a difference.

Deandre Jordan didnt even have 1 blocked shot in the two games, and I had the block slider up to 65 for much of the 2nd game. This is pretty horrible.

# 42 PantherBeast_OS @ 11/27/12 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demfl
Playing Myteam, I know fouls are called more now and the 3s are tone down plus after the game you don't lose all of your settings. Man If they turned off coaches mode VC, well whatever, I already farmed enough VC, most people waste 90% on their earning buying useless booster packs hoping for a player thats not even available.
I have not seen the 3s tone down yet. I'm still hitting the same amount of 3s as I have been in My Career so far this morning. So I'm really not seeing no difference so far.

# 43 redsfan4life @ 11/27/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I have not seen the 3s tone down yet. I'm still hitting the same amount of 3s as I have been in My Career so far this morning. So I'm really not seeing no difference so far.
You might be right. I've only played blacktop this morning, and it seems to be toned down there.

# 44 lsu4life86 @ 11/27/12 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You guys really aren't seeing a change in rebounding?
I did in association mode. CPU offensive rebounding is toned down.

Also was able to block a few shots in the post

# 45 demfl @ 11/27/12 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer

3s are 100% tone down, I play Myteam with the Curry family, believe me when i say my last two game suddenly had a huge drop in the amount made. I also pointed out fouls are called often now. You will foul out or be in the penalty real quick if you spam the steal. You can still hit 3s but I'm not hitting 5-6 in a row like I use to.

# 46 Knickerbocker @ 11/27/12 09:06 AM
Eh for those that say nothing changed they obviously expected the game to reinvent itself.

But to me a lot of key issues have been adressed: rebounding is better and more organic, defensive rotations are fixed to an extent and paint D is much much improved, fighting through screens is also better.

TBH those were the 4 things I had the biggest gripes with, so i'm quite happy with it.

# 47 Gramps91 @ 11/27/12 09:20 AM
Has anyone noticed the patch messing things up or making things worse, I haven't got a chance to download it yet and to be honest am pretty happy with the game the way it is.

# 48 Altimus @ 11/27/12 09:21 AM
My biggest question is does the AI still push the ball after every miss?

# 49 Datkiddalex6 @ 11/27/12 09:22 AM
Any MyCareer changes???????

# 50 JerzeyReign @ 11/27/12 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
My biggest question is does the AI still push the ball after every miss?
I get home in an hour -- I'll post a video of raw gameplay for those who are stuck at work. Hopefully, someone beats me to it. This is the biggest issue for me. My Sixers can't run and gun with everybody lol

# 51 shellsgot86 @ 11/27/12 09:24 AM
Offensive rebounding is fixed and fast breaks are fix!! Fast break only happen on teams that run ex nuggets also I notice in MyCareer you can call plays now I'm doing it with my 2Guard! The fouls is fix now and the mins!! I'm hoping when I get home wrk to make a Pg and see if the starting glitch is fix so far loving it!! Goltending isn't fix buts its actually a foul!!

# 52 m1ke_nyc @ 11/27/12 09:27 AM
Played one game in mycareer and what I noticed was the cpu doesnt push for fastbreaks as often anymore. Cherry picking was toned down alot by the cpu. Rebounding was improved, shotblocking and rebounding was more responsive for the user controlled player. Boxing out worked better. 3 pointers and overall shooting percentages were toned down. Again this was from 1 game, im not going into it looking for negatives though I just play and observe what happens. Also the cpu had a few reach in fouls called on them against me, that never happened before.

# 53 EasyOnTheIcePlease @ 11/27/12 09:28 AM
I'm glad to see that offensive rebounding has been addressed, but in my opinion, I felt that rebounding as a whole was broken. Players would get defensive rebounds when they weren't in position to do so, inorganically, they would have the ball fall to them in that scenario as well.

Those who have downloaded the patch, does that seem to fixed as well? Thanks in advance.

# 54 jayman504 @ 11/27/12 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Eh for those that say nothing changed they obviously expected the game to reinvent itself.

But to me a lot of key issues have been adressed: rebounding is better and more organic, defensive rotations are fixed to an extent and paint D is much much improved, fighting through screens is also better.

TBH those were the 4 things I had the biggest gripes with, so i'm quite happy with it.
Thats all I needed to hear...will test when I get home!

# 55 iRepOklahoma @ 11/27/12 09:31 AM
Does anyone know if you have to restart your association to get the benefits of the patch?

# 56 qnzballa5 @ 11/27/12 09:31 AM
The Euro3pt glitch still in the game.. Y?

# 57 Gatorfan Frank @ 11/27/12 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I got it too...I haven't gotten a chance to delve into gameplay really to see if anything is different, but one thing I KNOW they've fixed, because I was curious to see/sure it would be the first thing 2K addressed since it potentially costs them money, is the VC exploitation glitch a lot of guys were using to get like 10,000+ VC an hour. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44JON0CJaQ)

No longer can you play a key game in MyCareer, save and exit the game, then reap the VC ad infinitum by quitting the game before it saves. This is absolutely HUGE for MyTeam players, because it should mitigate people from making superteams in the future.

Incidentally, I would bet money this is the reason that 2K kept the details of the patch under wraps...had they leaked that the glitch was being fixed, I think a lot of people would have rushed to stockpile as much VC as they could before the patch dropped.
People still play MyTeam? That mode was ruined from day 1 with the purchasable VC, especially when 2K had a glitch where 5,000 VC only cost as much XBL points as 2,000 VC. Now people just glitch the game to stock up up VC? How sad and pathetic.

# 58 neil30 @ 11/27/12 09:34 AM
im still a 5'8'' pg being subbed in at any other position than pg.

# 59 oouie433 @ 11/27/12 09:37 AM
Just playyed a MyCareer game. The rebounding is definitely better, cpu will still get some offensive rebounds but not at the same clip.

I think they didn't necessarily mess with the 3s but instead it seems like they may have messed with the shot release. At least for my player. Before I had to release late in his shot to hit with any consistency. When I tried that after the patch I missed. Now it seems like I can release like I did in 2k12 and hit, which is quicker than it was on 2k13 prior to patch.

Did anyone notice this? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it seems as if my player's acceleration has been tuned down. I played against westbrook and would normally get killed on a backdoor cut if I gambled in the passing lane, but I was able to recover because it seemed like he didn't accelerate as fast as he used to. Also happened to my guy, I couldn't accelerate as fast as I used to.

just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

# 60 hewastheirfriend @ 11/27/12 09:41 AM
so would i have to restart my assocation?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.