Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

According to GameInformer, the Madden NFL 13 team will be adding a new Draft Duels feature for Madden Ultimate Team. Check out some of the details below or click here to read the entire article.

Quote:
Like the normal Madden Ultimate Team mode (MUT), Draft Duels is based around opening card packs of players, forming a team, and then playing against opponents with that team. Draft Duels changes things up by putting more emphasis on how you put together your team. Like on the real draft day, a good GM can build a winner.

Each player starts out with a pre-determined number of unopened, Draft Duels specific card packs that contain nine players apiece. Both players pick one card from their pack during a timed round that varies based on whether you play the short or standard version of the mode, which also determines whether you start out with one or three Draft Duel packs, respectively (five-pack Duels may be available after launch). The next round you get to see all the cards in your opponent's pack and you pick from their pack and vice versa. In subsequent rounds you alternate between picking from your pack and his/hers until all the packs are opened and players picked. At launch Draft Duel players will come in bronze, silver, and gold flavors.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SynShadowzz @ 11/29/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Man, I really hope this isn't the second announcement. Honestly if it is then EA and their failure to address the salary cap issue for online CCM is basically killing online CCMs. We have people who are talking about leaving because they can't resign players, make trades or participate in off-season free agency.

Josh Looman has called this his "baby" and if that is the case then I have lost all faith and trust in him. The mode has a lot of potential and could be great, but for this to not be addresses and this is on the heels of "2 years of development" but for a potential game breaking (CCM ruining) bug to make it through QA alone is highly upsetting. The fact that it is looking more like it won't be addressed for Madden 13 is infuriating.

While I respect that EA is paying attention to the MUT guys, (fill disclaimer I've dabbled in the mode and found it to be fun in small doses) but I only buy Madden for online franchise/CCM and if that mode doesn't work properly then I can't enjoy the game. So I guess my leagues will play out this 2nd season and then when we hit the off-season that's it, and sadly that is BS IMO.

Really hope they can fix this on the server side, but seeing how EA hasn't even acknowledged that it exists doesn't give me any confidence.
Preach on, man.

I feel disappointed, ignored, cheated, and angry.

I would say that my optimism towards the salary cap issue being fixed was about 75% yesterday when we heard there was "another announcement."

My hunch is that this is the announcement.

My optimism is down to around 15% now (I keep my sliding scale right next to me to gauge my levels of optimism, heh.)

The willful ignorance coming from EA is beyond infuriating. If I performed my job like this, I would be fired. Unfortunately, this is company policy for them.

Shame on you, EA.

# 22 SynShadowzz @ 11/29/12 04:54 PM
Adding on:

I see a lot of threads about certain parts of the game, like "4-3 or 3-4?" "Favorite drafted players."

Those types of threads are usually enjoyable to read, but I look at them now and think "HOW CAN YOU FOCUS ON ANYTHING BUT THE CAP GLITCH?"

I understand not everyone is in a Online League, but for me, that's really all I like to play. I can't scheme or gameplan for an opponent when I'm not even sure if I can RE-SIGN MY DAMN PLAYERS, OR SIGN A FREE AGENT.

I want ANSWERS. If you tell me this problem can't be fixed then FINE. I'm o.k. with that! I think you suck at what you do, but at least I'm not stuck in this swamp of uncertainty.

# 23 KBLover @ 11/29/12 05:35 PM
I'll let Tracy Morgan say it for me:

# 24 sportjames23 @ 11/30/12 03:47 AM

# 25 Hades71 @ 11/30/12 10:55 AM
Id be more interested in TDM in madden than this. Seriously CCM is the meat and bones of this game and should be the MF'n TOP PRIORITY over anything else. There are issues that need to be addressed asap in CCM. I really love whats changed in 13 but unless the major problems are fixed i wont trust them enough to make 14 a day one purchase until i find out it isnt broken. Which also means no season pass purchase next year EA.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.