Home
News Post

The odds aren't very good we'll see a new baseball game on the Xbox 360 next year. There isn't any news on the rumor mill. But does it really matter? The MLB The Show series, exclusive to Sony consoles and handheld devices, has been the top dog for years. Kotaku's Owen Good goes into much more detail in his latest Sportaku article.

Source - Will Anyone Really Care If There’s No More Baseball on the Xbox 360? (Kotaku)

How do you feel about it?

Member Comments
# 21 13whitebread @ 12/04/12 02:15 AM
Looks like I will have to buy a ps3

# 22 boomhauertjs @ 12/04/12 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef328
Can you provide details about this?
www.mvpmods.com

# 23 mdiggitydawg @ 12/04/12 10:57 AM
I, for one, think it sucks. Always liked a good baseball game, 2K couldn't get it right...was hoping someone would, but I guess not.

# 24 pistolpete @ 12/04/12 02:28 PM
This has really affected my baseball gaming. I recently traded PS3 for a 360 for the wife and kids, and I'll be stuck playing 2k11. I preferred this to 2k12.

I am making it a goal of mine to finish 1 full season, no matter how long it takes, then I am walking away from baseball gaming forever.

My baseball franchise goals were never feasible anyways.

# 25 mosdef328 @ 12/04/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Thank you very much!

# 26 Jgainsey @ 12/04/12 07:04 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize 2k was out of the game...

Kind of makes me thankful my first 6 or 7 360s died, forcing me to jump ship to PS3. If Microsoft hadn't sold me such an unbelievable piece of ****, I may never have been able to experience the greatness that is The Show.

# 27 cliftone @ 12/05/12 06:53 PM
I would like to see baseball for xbox 360 for next year and the next and the etc. I wish they would bring MVP the college game to next gen especially, I enjoyed that on PS2 and would like to have it on Next Gen. Great game. The 2k series is top notch also, I have no complaints against it. Yes I would like college Basketball back also, they should drop the price to about 20 bucks and sell the heck out of it.

# 28 metal134 @ 12/05/12 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
They could...absolutely.
..and my prediction is...they will.

They can...they just have to pay the regular licensing fee as ANY company can at this point.
The exclusive only kept third party developers from using the license.
(for instance...it didn't lock out Sony as a first party dev....but SCEA still paid the license fee to the MLB and MLBPA)

M.K.
Knight165
Right, I'm not saying they can't get a license, just that they don't have one right now. And seeing as how baseball season is a mere 4 months away, if they don't have one by now, they probably aren't going to acquire one.

# 29 Money99 @ 12/11/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They weren't moving in any direction. They were running in place. One year, they had this wrong and that right. The next year they'd have this right and that wrong. I think it's obvious to most people the development team did not put much effort in the MLB 2K series. It seems obligatory to them.
I think it had more to do with constantly changing teams.
VC took over from Kush and considering they had to inherit someone else's code, they did pretty well.

I think if given the chance to build from the ground up, VC could make a baseball game on par with their NBA title.

It's moot now, as this series is dead. I hope another company can come along, but I think for 2013, it's The Show or nothing (for console gamers).

I bought a PS3 recently so I'm set. But it would be nice to have options.

# 30 Fiddy @ 12/12/12 08:04 AM
man i miss the days where we had like 908237409238423908 baseball games to choose from.. bah!

# 31 Blzer @ 12/12/12 11:15 PM
I don't own a 360, and I completely care. This is awful for baseball video gaming.

I also care because I happen to like the 2K series. Granted, I liked it much more before and question their decisions quite often, but I would not prefer for it to be gone.

# 32 Knight165 @ 12/13/12 12:11 AM
Are you guys kidding?

With no exclusive license....this is the BEST thing that could happen to 2K and baseball gaming in general.
It opens up the most viable options for any production company.

I think you WILL see a 2K baseball game in the future(and I think '13).

M.K.
Knight165

# 33 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/13/12 10:27 AM
Yes. I'm hoping 2k throws us a bone & @ least gives us a nice PATCH for 2k12.

# 34 metal134 @ 12/17/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Are you guys kidding?

With no exclusive license....this is the BEST thing that could happen to 2K and baseball gaming in general.
It opens up the most viable options for any production company.

I think you WILL see a 2K baseball game in the future(and I think '13).

M.K.
Knight165
In the future, maybe. But I don't see how they could possibly have a game out in 2013. We are less than 3 1/2 months away from baseball season, so even if they purchased a license today, how are they going to put a game together in 4 months?

# 35 Knight165 @ 12/19/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
In the future, maybe. But I don't see how they could possibly have a game out in 2013. We are less than 3 1/2 months away from baseball season, so even if they purchased a license today, how are they going to put a game together in 4 months?
They may have purchased the rights already(obviously not the exclusive)....and I think they have.
Just a gut feeling.
They would actually be silly not to. I doubt the MLB and MLBPA license are that much....and 2K knows it has the 360 sales....so it would actually most likely be their most profitable version to date if they release it with only minor upgrades.

M.K.
Knight165

# 36 Money99 @ 12/19/12 10:50 AM
Quote:
They may have purchased the rights already(obviously not the exclusive)....and I think they have.
Just a gut feeling.
They would actually be silly not to. I doubt the MLB and MLBPA license are that much....and 2K knows it has the 360 sales....so it would actually most likely be their most profitable version to date if they release it with only minor upgrades.

M.K.
Knight165
Very true. Just like people believe EA has been working on a baseball game all along and as soon as they get the license will release.

I'm still not convinced 2K will release a game though. They're M.O. isn't great when it comes to this. But I like your optimism.

# 37 Knight165 @ 12/19/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Very true. Just like people believe EA has been working on a baseball game all along and as soon as they get the license will release.

I'm still not convinced 2K will release a game though. They're M.O. isn't great when it comes to this. But I like your optimism.
I'm fairly certain EA was/is not working on a baseball game.
They are a pretty "bottom-line" company and they weren't taking any chances there would once again be an exclusive.

M.K.
Knight165

# 38 metal134 @ 12/19/12 10:21 PM
Quote:
Wouldn't we have heard about it if they did? They surely would have announced something by now.

# 39 Knight165 @ 12/19/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Wouldn't we have heard about it if they did? They surely would have announced something by now.

Maybe....it's a ways off to March yet though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 40 Knight165 @ 01/09/13 06:37 PM
HI!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.