Home
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NASCAR The Game: Inside Line is expected to arrive later this month, according to this thread at the official website. All of the details on the patch are listed below.

Quote:
Below is a list of bugs and feature enhancements that have been fixed / added to the soon to be released update. Sorry it's taken longer than we would have liked but as you can see from the details below, we've addressed the majority of issues that have really been affecting the user experience. Subject to final Q/A sign off, we expect this to go to Sony and MS week beginning the 10th December. Once it's approved, which could take a couple of weeks, it will be deployed.

Online:
  • Xbox, a player can be put into a lobby where NATs conflict meaning they will be kicked when the counter reaches zero.
  • If someone is dropped when in the Infield Garage, the rolling starts are broken.
  • Matchmaking puts the player into a lobby when a game is already in progress.
  • After a caution / quick caution, players can be dropped from the game.
  • If a player DNF’s and then a caution is called, players separate into different lobbies.
  • Infrequently the player appears to have hit a car in front even though they are not touching.
  • Sometimes laps go out of sync when compared with other players in the game.
  • On the Caution Summary, the number plate becomes mixed up if a player leaves the game.
  • On the Garage Overview screens, the number plates are not listed correctly.
  • If the host is in any position other than first, they will take off and leave the pack in both SF and DF rolling starts after a caution.
  • When the Quick Caution screen appears, all players seem to have 80% “health”.
  • When the Quick Caution screen appears for the second time, wedge cannot be adjusted.
  • When reviewing the online race results, players who DNF’d aren't displayed.
  • When joining a race in progress, only the host’s progress i.e. Racing Lap X is displayed.
  • Sometimes cautions don’t appear to be called.
  • Often 3 laps are run in a GWC.
  • At the end of a practice session, the Overview appears different on numerous players consoles.
  • A player car number doesn't show up in the lobby interface when joining a game in progress until that player finishes racing and returns to the lobby.
  • When joining a session in progress and once the race is completed, a Race Over counter begins. This sequence breaks with around 10 seconds left.
  • During the rolling start sequence a car can appeared ghosted.
  • The session over times aren't in sync.
  • Invalid laps from the Road Courses can be seen by others even though dashes are seen by the offending player on their overview screen (Qualifying).
  • The overview screen can remain on during gameplay.

Offline / Possibly Online:
  • Cautions are called when the player is on the apron around the start of the pit road zone.
  • The CSR wheel depresses both the accelerator and clutch at the same time.
  • Setups do not save correctly.
  • One of the player cars disappear during the split screen rolling start and reappears when crossing the start line.
  • The player can get inaccurate lap times, normally very small.
  • A.I. cause cautions when leaving pit road under green flag conditions.
  • The player position indicator is missing on the single file caution sequence.
  • A.I. appear to have problems with pit strategy, pitting the lap after a Caution or most of the field coming in on the same lap under green.
  • A.I. general over taking and passing of lapped cars has been improved.
  • A.I. "brake checking" on certain tracks has been improved.
  • During a pit stop changing the wedge, returning to do another stop, the wedge has changed.
  • Richmond and possibly other tracks, some AI drivers change their paint scheme between practice and the race.
  • DNF’ing because of damage or fuel doesn't update the race stats, it should.
  • Adding a splash of gas would add a full can.
  • The positions made / lost on the Caution Summary screen is often wrong even though the players are in the correct position.
  • Roof flaps don’t deploy during replays.
  • When receiving an message that a sponsor is interested, qualify 10th or better in the next 2 races, doesn't work.
  • If the car is fatally damaged and on fire and rolls across the finish line in 1st place, it the burnout sequence and Victory Road the car remains on fire.
  • If you run out of gas but win the race, you can’t go forwards during the burn out but you can reverse?
  • During the single file caution state when others are pitting but not the player, the wrong way text or the ahead / behind indicator can appear under the text.
  • Paint Booth, colors are added to the recent colors list even if they are in there already.
  • The spotter stops talking when turning off the proximity indicator.
  • Only the first 4 photo’s show up on the loading screen.

Re-Balance / Enhancement:
  • Added black flags (only) to the flag rules in Choose a Race and Private Race.
  • Increase the chance of a new primary sponsor offer being made.
  • In Season mode, change the paint scheme of the player car to the scheme that ran at the appropriate race if we have it, otherwise default to the one the player chose at the start.
  • The tire temp indicator shows blue at too high a temp.
  • Change the tire wear indicator to a non linear scale to match the drop off.
  • Re-balanced the road course penalty system.
  • When creating a new setup the default values should be based on the preset race set up for that track.
  • Re-balance how much the tires wear on various tracks.
  • The car now overheats quicker.
  • During the single file caution state, the player can use all camera functions.
  • Right stick can be defined to accelerate / brake.
  • Time to give a position back on the plate tracks increased to 10 seconds.
  • Default Dead Zone setting for wheels should be 5%.
  • When using a wheel, the steer assist should be used so that when full the wheel doesn't have any stagger effect.
  • Mechanical damage has been made more consistent.
  • A.I. cars can be turned easier by the player.
  • Reviewed performance of wheels in the game and enhanced.
  • Improved the stagger between cars during riling (believe Dave meant 'rolling' -Dan) starts.

Game: NASCAR The Game: Inside LineReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tacosaban @ 01/08/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc00
anyone else game keep freezing when in a lobby? this is the only game that freezes on me, is it my copy or a problem
I haven't played the game in over a month. Still waiting on the patch. I had constant freezing in the lobby. Had to restart the system. Sucked!

# 42 TCrouch @ 01/08/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman
Any of you guys ever try Iracing? Ive always heard its the most realistic racing sim on the planet,but have never checked it out because it seemed a little pricey.
I play iRacing nightly. It's not any more expensive than any other hobby for what you get. It can be a lot tougher than one would be accustomed to. I had the experience of being a big fish in a little pond for most of my years of simracing. Whether it was racing buddies in leagues or reviewing here on this site, I was generally one of the fastest guys in every room I joined.

In iRacing, I'm a very, very small fish in a massive ocean. I routinely get dusted in every race, and my goals changed from "I want to win!" to "I want to finish decently" in a matter of weeks. But once you get out of the rookie fields, you can really work on your racecraft and car control. If you do it right, you'll be a much, much better driver after racing iRacing for a few months than you were going in.

It doesn't hurt that they have some of the best graphics going. As luck would have it, I snapped this last night with my phone looking out the windshield of a Fixed B Race at Michigan. Every car on the track is a real person, and racing games don't get much prettier than this:

iRacing is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".

# 43 Bubba_Zanetti @ 01/08/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Any of you guys ever try Iracing? Ive always heard its the most realistic racing sim on the planet,but have never checked it out because it seemed a little pricey.
I've been on iRacing for about 16 months and I love it.

By far the most variety (tracks, cars, seasons etc.) of any racing game out there. The fact that it's a paid subscription actually deters the little jerkoffs that can ruin other people's online experience. For the most part, the iRacing community is pretty cordial to each other. Plus with their rating system, you are generally racing against people with the same skill level. A small downside is that any car or track you want that isn't part of the base content has to be bought (about $15 bucks).

I'm paraphrasing here but somebody onced summed iRacing up as: 1. If you're into Need For Speed type stuff forget about it. 2. If sim racing is a hobby (like me), it's actually a rather inexpensive hobby. 3. If you actually race, it's an invaluable tool.

# 44 Bubba_Zanetti @ 01/08/13 01:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah Grid is more arcadey,granted, but love the fun factor and the awesome wrecks. Grid 2 is due out this year I believe,looking forward to checking that out.
Definately agree on the fun factor but the whole 'no in-car camera' thing kind of turns me off. Of course I might think differently when I see it. :-)

Got my fingers heavily crossed on Project CARS.

# 45 bluengold34_OS @ 01/08/13 02:36 PM
****UPDATE****

From Dave

"The Xbox #NTGIL patch has been approved for release by MS. It will be deployed on the 18th at 5am ET. PS3 is still in the submission process"

# 46 TCrouch @ 01/08/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
****UPDATE****

From Dave

"The Xbox #NTGIL patch has been approved for release by MS. It will be deployed on the 18th at 5am ET. PS3 is still in the submission process"
You know, I've tried not to be too negative with the stuff that made me quit playing the game...but there's a pattern here. I have to wait another 10 days (granted, it's only 10 days but when you've already waited months) just to be able to run a career with 10 to 20% races with 4X wear without every green flag stop turning into an AI caution-fest.

Frustrated, but I'm sure I'll fire it up on the 18th with all the hope in the world.

# 47 scoman @ 01/08/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Zanetti
I've been on iRacing for about 16 months and I love it.

By far the most variety (tracks, cars, seasons etc.) of any racing game out there. The fact that it's a paid subscription actually deters the little jerkoffs that can ruin other people's online experience. For the most part, the iRacing community is pretty cordial to each other. Plus with their rating system, you are generally racing against people with the same skill level. A small downside is that any car or track you want that isn't part of the base content has to be bought (about $15 bucks).

I'm paraphrasing here but somebody onced summed iRacing up as: 1. If you're into Need For Speed type stuff forget about it. 2. If sim racing is a hobby (like me), it's actually a rather inexpensive hobby. 3. If you actually race, it's an invaluable tool.

Bubba,or TCrouch
Is it possible to compete on a high level with the xbox type controller? or is it better to have a wheel?

# 48 scoman @ 01/08/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
You know, I've tried not to be too negative with the stuff that made me quit playing the game...but there's a pattern here. I have to wait another 10 days (granted, it's only 10 days but when you've already waited months) just to be able to run a career with 10 to 20% races with 4X wear without every green flag stop turning into an AI caution-fest.

Frustrated, but I'm sure I'll fire it up on the 18th with all the hope in the world.
Ive refrained from being negative also,but after last years debacle I have stayed away,waiting for the patch to drop and the feedback from this community before I even consider buying this time.

# 49 scoman @ 01/08/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
I play iRacing nightly. It's not any more expensive than any other hobby for what you get. It can be a lot tougher than one would be accustomed to. I had the experience of being a big fish in a little pond for most of my years of simracing. Whether it was racing buddies in leagues or reviewing here on this site, I was generally one of the fastest guys in every room I joined.

In iRacing, I'm a very, very small fish in a massive ocean. I routinely get dusted in every race, and my goals changed from "I want to win!" to "I want to finish decently" in a matter of weeks. But once you get out of the rookie fields, you can really work on your racecraft and car control. If you do it right, you'll be a much, much better driver after racing iRacing for a few months than you were going in.

It doesn't hurt that they have some of the best graphics going. As luck would have it, I snapped this last night with my phone looking out the windshield of a Fixed B Race at Michigan. Every car on the track is a real person, and racing games don't get much prettier than this:

iRacing is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".
Sounds pretty good man, I think Im going have to get a subscription.
I'm just still wondering if i would need a wheel to be competitive or not,what is your opinion? also are there other car cams or is the in car mandatory?

# 50 TCrouch @ 01/08/13 05:07 PM
In-car is mandatory. I've spoken to a few guys who can use a controller, but those are mostly road racing guys.

I can't even fathom trying to race with a 360 controller on the ovals. It's almost a requirement to have a wheel or you won't be able to hold a line at all, and the higher up you go, the less tolerance people will have for that sort of driving.

I've been on the service since 2008, and have only spoken to maybe 5 guys in all that time that tried using a controller (and it usually came up because they weaved and wrecked somebody and mentioned they were on one), so I'd HIGHLY recommend going a wheel route--even a cheap wheel.

The best bang for your buck would probably be a Logitech Driving Force GT ($150):

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...ce-gt?crid=714

or the G27 ($300):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...wheel?crid=714

The Driving Force GT is fine for getting some force feedback and "feeling" a car. It's the bottom end of the decent wheels, though. But if you're not too serious about it and just want to dabble, $150 for a wheel that works with all your PC games (and PS3 if you race on there) is pretty good.

# 51 cusefan74 @ 01/08/13 05:41 PM
Just in case you guys didn't see it yet, the 360 patch has been approved and will be out on the 18th. I have not seen anything on the PS3 patch yet.

# 52 TCrouch @ 01/08/13 05:42 PM
A few posts up, but thanks. It got cluttered with the iRacing hijack, sorry

# 53 Bubba_Zanetti @ 01/09/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
In-car is mandatory. I've spoken to a few guys who can use a controller, but those are mostly road racing guys.

I can't even fathom trying to race with a 360 controller on the ovals. It's almost a requirement to have a wheel or you won't be able to hold a line at all, and the higher up you go, the less tolerance people will have for that sort of driving.

I've been on the service since 2008, and have only spoken to maybe 5 guys in all that time that tried using a controller (and it usually came up because they weaved and wrecked somebody and mentioned they were on one), so I'd HIGHLY recommend going a wheel route--even a cheap wheel.

The best bang for your buck would probably be a Logitech Driving Force GT ($150):

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...ce-gt?crid=714

or the G27 ($300):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...wheel?crid=714

The Driving Force GT is fine for getting some force feedback and "feeling" a car. It's the bottom end of the decent wheels, though. But if you're not too serious about it and just want to dabble, $150 for a wheel that works with all your PC games (and PS3 if you race on there) is pretty good.
Everything above pretty much nails it. Wheel. Wheel. Wheel. And my apologies too for hijacking this thread.

# 54 bluengold34_OS @ 01/17/13 09:05 PM
Just a reminder....the patch drops tomorrow morning for 360 users. Not sure on PS3 yet -

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

# 55 BurghFan @ 01/17/13 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Just a reminder....the patch drops tomorrow morning for 360 users. Not sure on PS3 yet -

Hmph! Why do us PS3 people always have to wait longer.

# 56 bluengold34_OS @ 01/18/13 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Hmph! Why do us PS3 people always have to wait longer.
Not sure why that is actually, since sony's approval process is typically faster then M$. I am sure it has something to do with you being a Pittsburgh fan -

# 57 Tribe1 @ 01/18/13 06:41 AM
I haven't checked personally but according to their Facebook page the patch is out on the 360

# 58 Slim4824 @ 01/18/13 11:43 AM
Anybody download the patch yet

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 59 TCrouch @ 01/18/13 12:01 PM
I'm going to check it out a bit at lunch, but based on what I'm reading, I'm not terribly optimistic. It seems like they stopped crashing after pit stops, which was a big boost, but seeing that brake checking is still alive and well in T4 at Charlotte, and they are now plowing the wall coming off of corners...well, I'm not too excited.

But I'm still itching for a NASCAR game where it has the current rule set, so I'm sure I'll try it some more before throwing in the towel for this year. I AM eager to see if they improved wheel support for it like they said they did, though.

# 60 bluengold34_OS @ 01/18/13 01:20 PM
^^^ Terry, you will be fine at Charlotte. It is true some of the cars on the outside touch the wall enough to bounce off 2-3 feet, but it really hasn't disrupted the race at all. I haven't seen it every lap, but enough for it to be called consistent.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.