Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

EXCLUSIVE! In MLB® 13 The Show™, your efforts within any mode, and any platform, will earn you XP towards your Universal Profile. All XP is tallied by where you’ve earned it. The more XP you earn, the higher your profile level. Your Profile will give other gamers a snapshot of the type of player you are by breaking down where you spend your time, as well as how seasoned you are in general. At intervals throughout the game, you’ll get subtle notifications about how much XP you are earning. Once you get back to the Front End, you can check your profile to see how much you earned in the entire session.

As seen below, your current profile level plus any progress made towards the next level, is displayed in the bottom left corner of the Front End. You can bring up your profile screen by pressing Select to navigate the Hotbar and choosing the Profile icon.

Your MLB® 13 The Show™ profile displays a breakdown of all your earned XP, online stats from past and present, recent play history, and current Ratings in competitive online play. All of which are accumulated from your time with the PS3 and VITA versions of the game. Your profile will immediately give other users a sense of the type of player you are.

The Universal Profile additions in MLB® 13 are just a small first step towards much bigger plans in the years to come. We want to create a universal sense of progression for users regardless of their platform or play style, and this year’s efforts are just the beginning of this evolution.

Source - Dev Journal: Universal Profile (MLB The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bp4baseball @ 12/18/12 11:33 AM
Really good looking new artwork and good feature addition.

# 2 HustlinOwl @ 12/18/12 11:36 AM
The Show Live looks like MLB Today feature

# 3 thaSLAB @ 12/18/12 11:42 AM
LOL, Eagle eyes...

# 4 ckarlic @ 12/18/12 11:46 AM
Looks really nice. Love the new score overlay at the end of an inning. Looking forward to see more

# 5 Blzer @ 12/18/12 11:46 AM

This may sound ridiculous, but include a counter of how long we've played this game, and my affection for this feature will go through the roof!

EDIT: Wait, I see how there are online statistics for The Show '11 and '12. Will franchise XP/statistics be included from those years as well?

# 6 zack4070 @ 12/18/12 11:53 AM
I dont know why but I love the scoreboard look in the bottom left corner of the first pic!!!!

# 7 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/18/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
That would be HUGE but it also could just be a new name for online play

# 8 Bobhead @ 12/18/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack4070
I dont know why but I love the scoreboard look in the bottom left corner of the first pic!!!!
Very first thing I noticed when I saw this thread. That scoreboard looks absolutely wonderful. The menu overlay is nice too, but I'm probably biased there because blue is my favorite color.

# 9 Knight165 @ 12/18/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Why would they add that?...nobody has ever asked for that.

M.K.
Knight165

# 10 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/18/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why would they add that?...nobody has ever asked for that.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm sure it will get scrapped once someone tells them that it involves them working daily to release rosters instead of weekly

# 11 nick_sr @ 12/18/12 01:20 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS FEATURE ALONE HAS ME EXCITED!!! GUESS I WON'T NEED A GIRLFRIEND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE AS LONG AS I HAVE MLB THE SHOW, TO BAD I CHANGED MY USER NAME THOUGH

# 12 nemesis04 @ 12/18/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS FEATURE ALONE HAS ME EXCITED!!! GUESS I WON'T NEED A GIRLFRIEND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE AS LONG AS I HAVE MLB THE SHOW, TO BAD I CHANGED MY USER NAME THOUGH
Game or female?

# 13 econoodle @ 12/18/12 01:59 PM
Love the new score overlay!
Pro style!

Also whoever that livingston is, he's wrecking shop.
Who's he playing against, russell?

# 14 thaSLAB @ 12/18/12 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Love the new score overlay!
Pro style!

Also whoever that livingston is, he's wrecking shop.
Who's he playing against, russell?

LOL, I was going to be sure to give him grief about his totally cheese-tastic stats!

# 15 gator3guy @ 12/18/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Hope you're right. Love that feature from NBA 2k. It would be that much better in a baseball game.

# 16 HustlinOwl @ 12/18/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
That would be HUGE but it also could just be a new name for online play
exactly The Show Live MLB Today and play online. Remember Russel/Dev saying about facing the same pitchers every online game and how 13 had a surprise for us

# 17 DickDalewood @ 12/18/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
My God I hope you're right!!!

# 18 DickDalewood @ 12/18/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Lol. Perhaps, someday soon, you'll get a girl drunk enough to learn that there are certain needs a femal can meet that The Show cannot

# 19 davis420 @ 12/18/12 03:38 PM
If there is an MLB Today type mode the Show doesn't need anything else for me to be happy.

# 20 tnixen @ 12/18/12 03:45 PM
That end of inning score overlay is SEXY!!!!

I hope the rest of the stat overlays have that same style.

Would love to see what the 3 batters due up overlay between innings looks like. And I am hoping my requests for the batters stats for the game example 1 for 2, 2 for 2, 0 for 2 are listed under the batters picture and name

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.