Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

EXCLUSIVE! For those of you that play Challenge of the Week, you know it’s an online mode. However, you also know that you are essentially playing a one player experience. To add that sense of community, we’ve added an in-game Live Leaderboard in Challenge of the Week for MLB 13 The Show. You’ll now see up to 8 other use’s live scores while you’re playing the mode.

This is how it works: when you enter challenge of the Week and start accumulating points, scores of other users playing the mode will be shown on screen. This could be up to 8 community user scores at one time. You’ll see your score in the middle with the four users currently scoring higher than you and four users currently with a score less than yours. As scores change and users finish, the in-game leaderboard changes with live information.

Hopefully this increases the sense of community and makes the mode more captivating than last year. Challenge of the Week is available in MLB 13 The Show for a PlayStation®3.

I know the next question… “will there be prizes?” There will be more information on prizing as the launch day approaches.

Source - Dev Journal: Universal Profile (MLB The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sydrogerdavid @ 12/22/12 06:38 PM
There's your brand new Jumbotron, Tiger fans.

# 2 metsfan4life1 @ 12/22/12 06:41 PM
Also no more white ring around the bat.

# 3 catch212 @ 12/22/12 06:56 PM
We have to be getting close to some video, right?

# 4 HustlinOwl @ 12/22/12 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
We have to be getting close to some video, right?
hopefully diamond dynasty blog is scheduled for the 24th

# 5 Knight165 @ 12/22/12 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Awww...I wanted to surprise Scooter with that one.

M.K.
Knight165

# 6 tnixen @ 12/22/12 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1

Its still there in these screenshots.
Or are you talking about some other white ring?

# 7 seanjeezy @ 12/24/12 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Any talk of actual gameplay, and things that we're all hoping were fixed? Nope.
Because they aren't planning to do any more dev journals after this right?

# 8 Majingir @ 12/24/12 01:12 PM
I never really cared much for COTW. Cause Canadians can't win prizes supposedly(despite fact that Canada does have MLB team....and their own cover of the game), and it always seems to be the exact same people on the top of the leaderboards every single week.

# 9 Feldman011teen @ 12/24/12 02:05 PM
They are going to cheat out of this year. If nothing is done about giving the option to shorten the franchise and the dull commentary, i can't say i can recommend this to anyone. They are hoping people jump ship this year with the beginner mode. This game will be great for people who have stuck with 2k for so long. But even the menu is identical from the screens i've seen.

# 10 tnixen @ 12/24/12 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
They are going to cheat out of this year. If nothing is done about giving the option to shorten the franchise and the dull commentary, i can't say i can recommend this to anyone. They are hoping people jump ship this year with the beginner mode. This game will be great for people who have stuck with 2k for so long. But even the menu is identical from the screens i've seen.
While I agree about the dull commentary I truly believe Sony wants to and plans to completely overhaul it with something brand new and spectacular to match and more likely surpass even 2KSports wonderful commentary! But unfortunately I don't think this will happen until PS4. So we may be stuck with the same out of date dull commentary for a few more years.

Hey at least we are getting another new voice in the booth

I don't know how they do it but 2KSports sound team has created an amazing and realistic commentary for sports video games! Yes even 2KSports commentary is not perfect but man is it good!

I can almost guarantee in the next few years MLB The Show will have commentary that will blow us all away!

I can just see the blog title now

Brand new MLB 14 The Show "Live organic living breathing state of art commentary 1.0" Blog coming soon!

# 11 Knight165 @ 12/24/12 05:28 PM
Actually...yawn at grinches and yawners.

Geez...does everything have to be the "big reveal".

You guys are downers....

M.K.
Knight165

# 12 woz411 @ 12/24/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Actually...yawn at grinches and yawners.

Geez...does everything have to be the "big reveal".

You guys are downers....

M.K.
Knight165
DD 2.0 blog should be posted today!

# 13 Knight165 @ 12/24/12 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
DD 2.0 blog should be posted today!
It's Christmas Eve Ebeneezer!

M.K.
Knight165

# 14 thaSLAB @ 12/24/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's Christmas Eve Ebeneezer!

M.K.
Knight165
There is simply no expressing just how awesome this post is!

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.