Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 301 pirates1fan @ 01/06/13 08:05 AM
And, Tiger fans, is every little blasted detail SO important? Gracious, it is just a scoreboard! Same thing with all the Blue Jay fans getting frustrated about the color of the Jerseys and Turf at the RC. I understand the little things and details matter, completely agree on that. But WOW, in the words of Dr. Evil, tone it down a notch! Lol (-:

# 302 Azamien @ 01/06/13 08:52 AM
It's a start, but along with lowering the ad boards they still need to change the colour of the padding, text, and logo plaques. It looks pink rather than the deep bronze it is in real life. In fact, if I could only have one of the two fixed, it would be the colour, which is much more of an eyesore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES! THE BUSCH STADIUM FONT IS FINALLY FIXED! This shows good promise that they also put it on the fences in front of the bullpen. They also added hand rails to this section. I wonder about the rest of the stadium.

But...

The seats there aren't green and the advertisements aren't even with the brick wall. They are still too tall. The warning track is still too small as well as being the wrong color. The grass is really pale too.

# 303 merchant1874 @ 01/06/13 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
And, Tiger fans, is every little blasted detail SO important? Gracious, it is just a scoreboard! Same thing with all the Blue Jay fans getting frustrated about the color of the Jerseys and Turf at the RC. I understand the little things and details matter, completely agree on that. But WOW, in the words of Dr. Evil, tone it down a notch! Lol (-:
I'm not a Blue Jays fan and whilst I agree to an extent on scoreboard details etc I really fail to see how a teams colour isn't important. It is FUNDAMENTAL to a teams identity.

The Blue Jays blue isn't just one shade too dark. It's completely wrong. The primary and secondary colours are the wrong way around by what I can see. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

# 304 Bluejaysfan65 @ 01/06/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What is this image? Is this a sim engine or manage only mode something? Not sure if this is new or not.

Seems like a new version of SportsCast to me....

# 305 Jakeness23 @ 01/06/13 12:31 PM
I didn't see this in there, but was wondering since we have someone from The Show commenting on here (and also I'm new to the game as I just got a PS3 recently). But, will all star jerseys be changing colors this year to match the team colors of the home field team that is hosting?

For instance, this year they had the Royals dark and light blue as the colors. If Arizona hosts, will the be red and black jerseys? Atlanta, red and navy blue... so on and so forth. This may need to go in another thread, but I don't know where else to ask. Thanks!

# 306 sydrogerdavid @ 01/06/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It's a start, but along with lowering the ad boards they still need to change the colour of the padding, text, and logo plaques. It looks pink rather than the deep bronze it is in real life. In fact, if I could only have one of the two fixed, it would be the colour, which is much more of an eyesore.
I talk about all of this in the old stadium thread.

# 307 Knight165 @ 01/06/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I didn't see this in there, but was wondering since we have someone from The Show commenting on here (and also I'm new to the game as I just got a PS3 recently). But, will all star jerseys be changing colors this year to match the team colors of the home field team that is hosting?

For instance, this year they had the Royals dark and light blue as the colors. If Arizona hosts, will the be red and black jerseys? Atlanta, red and navy blue... so on and so forth. This may need to go in another thread, but I don't know where else to ask. Thanks!

I have it on my list to ask....and/or ask for.

M.K.
Knight165

# 308 sydrogerdavid @ 01/06/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
It's not just them, trust me.

# 309 Knight165 @ 01/06/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
That's why I get so frustrated with all the eye candy talk. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! The more folks talk about hat colors, lettering on shirts, the color of the eighth house behind the warehouse in left field, the less gets talked (or noticed) about the gameplay. All the eye candy in the world won't make a great baseball game, wait.....to some here it would.
This is just way off base.
Nobody cares more about gameplay than I....but in your world you'd be fine with a car company doing nothing to it's vehicles year after year except modifying the engine and drivetrain.

The way it looks.....creature comforts.....safety advances would mean nothing.

I realize it's a bit of a far reach in terms of analogy, but the game has to grow en masse.

They may emphasize on a certain area more from one year to another.....but everything gets worked on every year to some extent.

M.K.
Knight165

# 310 queman11 @ 01/06/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
You don't know how WHO does it? Franchise mode IS played offline, no? Then, there is no point in your implying you made a choice to play the mode offline. My post was a response to what I saw in the video AND the history that I, as a customer of SCEA, have with this baseball series. I am capable of reading between the lines, and logic tells me that if franchise mode really had anything added /changed worth mentioning it would have been hinted at in the video. It wasn't. Logic isn't something you can see, my friend.
Bro. this wasn't a gameplay trailer. If you READ you would clearly see that the title of this is MLB 13 TS Trailer FIRST LOOK.
First Look doesn't involve gameplay/franchise fixes. It was meant to show each of the cover atheletes that we are supposed to vote for tomorrow.
Do you think SCEA wants everyone to know EVERYTHING about the game? If that were the case, what would be the point of Community Day and the buildup to the release?
If you don't understand that, then here it is plain and simple
First Look= Promoting voting for the cover
There will probably be a gameplay trailer as we get closer to Pit/Catch reporting to S.T.
Next time, read what's in front of you before making assumptions.

# 311 canyonblue @ 01/06/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Point being, if they want input on any inaccuracies, we feel compelled to point it out. If they don't fix it will I still buy the game, absolutely. But until they tell me to stop posting about little details, I'll continue to tell them what is wrong.

# 312 Perfect Zero @ 01/06/13 04:01 PM
To add to that, I bet hell would be raised by the same poster if the Pirates played at PLC Field with no Roberto Clemente Bridge in the background. To add to that, the graphics department has nothing to do with the gameplay department.

# 313 titan23 @ 01/06/13 06:07 PM
Could the uniform editor mean that we can take teams in existing franchise, relocate them, and pick different jerseys? Just a thought.

# 314 pirates1fan @ 01/06/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue
Point being, if they want input on any inaccuracies, we feel compelled to point it out. If they don't fix it will I still buy the game, absolutely. But until they tell me to stop posting about little details, I'll continue to tell them what is wrong.
You're right, I didn't thing about it like that. Just thought it all sounded petty, but I do completely get what your saying.

# 315 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/06/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I am pretty sure I have seen that same Sunset Flights advertisement in MLB 12 The Show so it may not be new.

But it would be so cool if someday we start seeing a lot more variety in the Fake advertisements in all the stadiums.
The old Triple Play Baseball/MVP series had the best fake advertisements of all time. Will never forget the big "Drink Lobster Cola" and Drink "Diet Lobster Cola" signs all over the park. lol

# 316 Knight165 @ 01/06/13 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Nobody is asking you to recommend it for that price.
Damn....I wasn't buying without Feldman011teen's recommendation!
WTF am I going to do now?!

M.K.
Knight165

# 317 BrickieWR18 @ 01/06/13 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
It looks like players still do the same stupid trot around the bases after homeruns. They like tip toe around the bags and it looks really silly.
This needs to be changed along with the rediculous walk off celebrations, excessive stopping and staring at home runs and add interviews to add to the characters persona and media image traits. Not every team wants flashy players

# 318 Unit303 @ 01/07/13 12:24 AM
Quote:
The turf color was completely ridiculous and not at all remotely the same shade of green. It is most definitely something that needs to be brought up in a game, our only baseball game, that touts realism over a lot of other things. Going to real games and then playing the Show was such a drastic difference with many of the fields that it is something that simply cannot be stated as a small inconvenience. It takes you out of the immersion which is the whole point of the game AND it is really really EASY to fix.

# 319 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/07/13 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickieWR18
This needs to be changed along with the rediculous walk off celebrations, excessive stopping and staring at home runs and add interviews to add to the characters persona and media image traits. Not every team wants flashy players
I agree about the walk off celebrations, I hit a walk off homer with A Rod last year and he ran around the bases like a rookie player that had just hit his first walk off. Jumping up and down and putting his hands on his head like he couldn't believe it happened. A-Rod has had more than a few walk offs in his career, and doesn't act that way when he hits one.

# 320 nemesis04 @ 01/07/13 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I agree about the walk off celebrations, I hit a walk off homer with A Rod last year and he ran around the bases like a rookie player that had just hit his first walk off. Jumping up and down and putting his hands on his head like he couldn't believe it happened. A-Rod has had more than a few walk offs in his career, and doesn't act that way when he hits one.
Considering his home runs are few and far between now, he may actually start acting like that in real life!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.