Home
Tiger 14 News Post

TAKE DOWN GOLF’S GREATEST LEGENDS IN TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14

Check out more Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshots, right here. Just in case you missed the trailer yesterday, check it out here.

Rewrite Majors History by Defeating Golf Icons Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and a Host of Others on the World’s Most Famous Golf Courses

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.

Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship. The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.

“This year’s edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books,” said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. “Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world’s most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”

Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
  • More Championship Courses – Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc - a total of 20 courses.
  • Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
  • Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
  • Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
  • Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
  • Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
  • Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
  • Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jbd345 @ 01/20/13 10:24 AM
I believe "Augusta" the song wich is fetured on CBS tellacasts is also included with the historic edition.

# 62 GrandMaster B @ 01/30/13 01:18 PM
Any timeframe on the first feature blog? I assume there will be a few.

# 63 DivotMaker @ 01/30/13 02:38 PM
Hopefully Thursday (tomorrow) and yes there will be a few more in the coming weeks.....

# 64 cdawg44 @ 01/30/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Hopefully Thursday (tomorrow) and yes there will be a few more in the coming weeks.....
Also, any word on Gameplay videos Divot? Since we are 2 months away from release now.

# 65 DivotMaker @ 01/30/13 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Also, any word on Gameplay videos Divot? Since we are 2 months away from release now.
Soon, sorry that's the best I can do right now....

# 66 SinisterAlex @ 01/30/13 08:01 PM
I hate waiting........ game is all pre ordered and ready to go. I want game play videos!!!

# 67 OnlookerDelay @ 01/30/13 08:51 PM
This is the lowest key rollout I've ever seen for the series in this generation. Maybe their advertising budget has been cut for this game? Hopefully, when the information starts coming, things will open up and we'll get a picture of what this game will actually be. The blogs were way more informative than the previews last year, and hopefully what we get tomorrow from Justin Patel's blog at EA Sports will open the door for a free flow of information.

# 68 ndhalogod @ 01/30/13 08:52 PM
Any notes on whether off-disc courses will be unlockable with coins/credits and grinding or buy only? I haven't been able to find anything.

# 69 cdawg44 @ 01/31/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
This is the lowest key rollout I've ever seen for the series in this generation. Maybe their advertising budget has been cut for this game? Hopefully, when the information starts coming, things will open up and we'll get a picture of what this game will actually be. The blogs were way more informative than the previews last year, and hopefully what we get tomorrow from Justin Patel's blog at EA Sports will open the door for a free flow of information.
Hell, I rather they put the money into gameplay and licenses than ads and media relations.

# 70 DivotMaker @ 01/31/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
Hell, I rather they put the money into gameplay and licenses than ads and media relations.
Which is exactly what they did....just wait for the presentation information coming out in the near future and you will see what I mean....

# 71 jbd345 @ 01/31/13 07:28 PM
Really interested in the new presentation. Can't wait to see it.

# 72 OnlookerDelay @ 01/31/13 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Really interested in the new presentation. Can't wait to see it.
While they haven't keyed on the presentation for Tiger 14 just yet, one of the devs said on the official forum today that True-Aim would not be an option in this year's game. He said they were running into difficulty with it and it had to be cut out. We will have follow and presentation camera options, and how these will fit into the new "TV broadcast" style presentation remains to be seen. I just hope the presentation camera doesn't cut away from the golfer's perpsective at impact, as it did in Tiger 13. That annoyed the heck out of me!

I'm anxious to learn more about presentation, but with the way the surpassed my expectations with the gameplay and difficulty announcements made today, I'm prepared to be bowled over again

# 73 DivotMaker @ 02/01/13 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
On sim difficulty they did say there is a no zoom option which to me is the most important aspect of true aim so I'm happy with that development.
IMO, it is better than TrueAim was.....

# 74 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/01/13 09:56 AM
Quote:
IMO, it is better than TrueAim was.....
Curiosity officially piqued.

Almost two months away...ugh.

# 75 cdawg44 @ 02/02/13 06:10 PM
Hey Divot, Is Merion GC going to make it in this year??.

# 76 DivotMaker @ 02/02/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Hey Divot, Is Merion GC going to make it in this year??.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9247048.page

# 77 cdawg44 @ 02/03/13 01:10 PM
Quote:
Looks Like we have our 44 courses for Tiger Woods 14. No Merion or Murifield, but we have Murifield Village however.

1. Emerald Dragon
2. Highlands
3. Greek Isles
4. Predator
5. Augusta
6. Augusta Par 3
7. Augusta 1934
8. Pebble Beach
9. Oakmont
10. TPC Sawgrass
11. Saint Andrews
12. Royal County Down
13. Royal Melbourne
14. Sheshan
15. TPC Blue Monster
16. Pinehurst #2
17. Pinehurst #2 Restored
18. Whistling Straits
19. Bethpage Black
20. Valhalla
21. Oak Hill
22. Muirfield Village
23. Royal Troon
24. TPC Louisiana
25. Mission Hills
26. TPC Boston
27. Colonial
28. Royal Birkdale
29. Torrey Pines
30. Spyglass Hill
31. East Lake
32. TPC San Antonio
33. TPC Scottsdale
34. TPC River Highlands
35. Crooked Stick
36. Wolf Creek
37. Atlanta Athletic Club
38. Blackwolf Run
39. Banff
40. Celtic Manor
41. Costa Navarino
42. Els Club
43. Kiawah Island
44. PGA National Course

Waialie, Liberty National and Old White TPC have been dropped from the game this year.

# 78 ndhalogod @ 02/03/13 05:59 PM
Quote:
Looks Like we have our 44 courses for Tiger Woods 14. No Merion or Murifield, but we have Murifield Village however.

1. Emerald Dragon
2. Highlands
3. Greek Isles
4. Predator
5. Augusta
6. Augusta Par 3
7. Augusta 1934
8. Pebble Beach
9. Oakmont
10. TPC Sawgrass
11. Saint Andrews
12. Royal County Down
13. Royal Melbourne
14. Sheshan
15. TPC Blue Monster
16. Pinehurst #2
17. Pinehurst #2 Restored
18. Whistling Straits
19. Bethpage Black
20. Valhalla
21. Oak Hill
22. Muirfield Village
23. Royal Troon
24. TPC Louisiana
25. Mission Hills
26. TPC Boston
27. Colonial
28. Royal Birkdale
29. Torrey Pines
30. Spyglass Hill
31. East Lake
32. TPC San Antonio
33. TPC Scottsdale
34. TPC River Highlands
35. Crooked Stick
36. Wolf Creek
37. Atlanta Athletic Club
38. Blackwolf Run
39. Banff
40. Celtic Manor
41. Costa Navarino
42. Els Club
43. Kiawah Island
44. PGA National Course

Waialie, Liberty National and Old White TPC have been dropped from the game this year.
Overall looks very solid. Only courses I had been hoping for that are not included are: Merion (shocked it isn't in considering the majors deal this year) and Firestone. Also, kind of surprised that they have Birkdale and Troon and not Muirfield for the British Open this year.

# 79 DivotMaker @ 02/04/13 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhalogod
Overall looks very solid. Only courses I had been hoping for that are not included are: Merion (shocked it isn't in considering the majors deal this year) and Firestone. Also, kind of surprised that they have Birkdale and Troon and not Muirfield for the British Open this year.
Merion nor Muirfield wanted to be in the game even though EA tried hard to get them.

# 80 N51_rob @ 02/04/13 01:11 AM
Quote:
Merion nor Muirfield wanted to be in the game even though EA tried hard to get them.
What about Congressional? Tiger hosts his tournament there, you would think they would be ideal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.