Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

As always, CES brings us the first look at MLB 13 The Show. Many more videos are sure to pop up throughout the week, during CES 2013.

In this video, Community Manager Ramone Russell discusses some details on gameplay, user interface and cross platform Homerun Derby with the PS3 and PS Vita. Make sure you check out the video, Developer blogs start next week!

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tree3five @ 01/09/13 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
The Mariners do too, as well as the other teams who broadcast through root sports (Colorado and Pittsburgh), but since the majority of teams use the smaller score bug its not that big of a deal to me.
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh uses a smaller score bug. In 2011 they used one very similar to what MLB 13 the show will be using.

ROOT Sports Pit:

# 22 Splitter77 @ 01/09/13 12:06 PM
huge thumbs down for still not being able to see the ball on bat contact. super bummed about that.

# 23 barsoffury @ 01/09/13 12:23 PM
So excited for Monday when they begin getting more in depth about the game.!

# 24 agentlaw13 @ 01/09/13 12:29 PM
I agree with what most of you fellas have said here...love the scorebug...the logos, dots for outs, and the new shape really sets it off.

One thing I heard that I didnt know about was 7 new spring training stadiums...just awesome!

Man, with all the new info and media rolling out in the next few weeks, the wait for March 5th is gonna be a pain in the buns!

# 25 Blzer @ 01/09/13 12:43 PM
Only got to see about thirty seconds of it before I had to close out of it (didn't even get to listen to it), but unless there's another option we're not seeing, I'm slightly disappointed there still isn't a true broadcast fielding cam.

I'll have to watch/listen to the rest of the video later, though.

# 26 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/09/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Jays still use the long scorebar thing at the top of the screen.

I wonder if we have option to edit the look/color of the scoreboard that appears on screen, to make it look like that specific teams scoreboard.
You Jays fans and all your pesky problems. Just joking around.

# 27 kt-od @ 01/09/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I agree with what most of you fellas have said here...love the scorebug...the logos, dots for outs, and the new shape really sets it off.

One thing I heard that I didnt know about was 7 new spring training stadiums...just awesome!

Man, with all the new info and media rolling out in the next few weeks, the wait for March 5th is gonna be a pain in the buns!
Now, I've read that they weren't going to have stadiums with the option for the retractable roof until the next gen of consoles. I wonder why they can add 7 new ST stadiums but not a closed roof option for the current stadiums.

I know it's been said that they have to rebuild the stadiums. But wouldn't they have to build 7 new ST as well?

We haven't heard the final answer if there is a closed roof option this year, but it just confuses me why 7 new ST stadiums trumps the closed roofs of the current stadiums.

# 28 nomo17k @ 01/09/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Now, I've read that they weren't going to have stadiums with the option for the retractable roof until the next gen of consoles. I wonder why they can add 7 new ST stadiums but not a closed roof option for the current stadiums.

I know it's been said that they have to rebuild the stadiums. But wouldn't they have to build 7 new ST as well?

We haven't heard the final answer if there is a closed roof option this year, but it just confuses me why 7 new ST stadiums trumps the closed roofs of the current stadiums.
For people who play **** load of RTTS, more minor league stadiums are very welcome option for a variety reason.

# 29 Curahee @ 01/09/13 01:27 PM
Can anyone determine what the icon is on the scorebug, between the pitch count and the runner diamond.
To me it looks like a white I with an orange dot.
What could that be?

# 30 bp4baseball @ 01/09/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Can anyone determine what the icon is on the scorebug, between the pitch count and the runner diamond.
What could that be?
That's the inning. So that there said top of the first

# 31 Curahee @ 01/09/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
That's the inning. So that there said top of the first

OHHHHH!!!! Duh!

So if it were the bottom of the 2nd, it would be a 2 with the orange dot on the bottom?

NICE!

# 32 thaSLAB @ 01/09/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
What could that be?
It's the inning number, with an up arrow signifying the top of the inning.

Edit: my response time is nothing compared to these youngsters, lol.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 33 crains13 @ 01/09/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
What could that be?
I'm pretty sure that icon is to indicate what inning it is in, and a up or down arrow to indicate the top or bottom of an inning.

# 34 Knight165 @ 01/09/13 01:38 PM
It's the inn.....

M.K.
Knight165

# 35 addybojangles @ 01/09/13 01:39 PM
NEED improvements to the Vita version this year. Please don't mail it in, Sony!

# 36 seanjeezy @ 01/09/13 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh uses a smaller score bug. In 2011 they used one very similar to what MLB 13 the show will be using.

ROOT Sports Pit:
Ah, you are definitely right, that's the one the Mariners use too

I think what threw me off was the single bar vs the stacking of the team names...

# 37 nick_sr @ 01/09/13 01:51 PM
amazing stuff! love the news about scouting/drafting in franchise mode as I am a guy who already took the draft very serious

# 38 Sco291 @ 01/09/13 02:20 PM
Scorebug is legit to say the least. Having the team logos on it makes the broadcast realism increase by like a million for me. It almost looks like a fox broadcast now.

I remember last year being super bummer that the team logos would appear near the score box in the start menu, and not in game, so im loving this addition. Can't wait for more!!

# 39 nemesis04 @ 01/09/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Scorebug is legit to say the least. Having the team logos on it makes the broadcast realism increase by like a million for me. It almost looks like a fox broadcast now.

I remember last year being super bummer that the team logos would appear near the score box in the start menu, and not in game, so im loving this addition. Can't wait for more!!
Why are you always crying in your posts? You a female?

# 40 BrandH @ 01/09/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od

I imagine it wouldn't take as much time to make a fictional stadium because you don't have to make sure all the little things people get up in arms about are correct. You just make it like you want it to look.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.