Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Here is one of the better videos of MLB 13 The Show, coming from CES 2013. In this video, you can clearly see the new scorebug, Russell mentions you can turn off all On Screen Displays (OSD's), a very brief look at Franchise, Jeter's stance is fixed and more.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 221 LastActionHero @ 01/14/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeinternet
similar problem with the "glove closing" animation for pitchers/position players that they added last year-- the whole animation is like 5 frames and really jerky.

PYS has done a great job with this little detail for years and it's uncanny how much realism it adds to the whole thing...seems like it's a relatively large mistake/small fix to still be an issue...
I agree. But it took them forever to get this "5 frame" animation in so I think it's really hard to put it in the way this game is coded.

It especially bothers me on diving plays in the outfield where you really have to close your glove all the way to ensure an out but they just slide there with their gloves open haha.

# 222 AUTiger1 @ 01/14/13 11:32 PM
Can we get some Braves screens or videos? Please?

# 223 ParisB @ 01/15/13 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
There's something about Braves fans on these forums...lol.

# 224 nemesis04 @ 01/15/13 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Brave fans used up all their request tokens a few years back! Your shut down!

Blue Jay fans will be done after this year as well!

# 225 nemesis04 @ 01/15/13 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Now I wonder if we can also move the different OSD's like we can with the pitch meter. Could you check this on the CD event Nem?
No problem I will check!

# 226 tnixen @ 01/15/13 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not broken there isn't enough memory to display them anymore.
Playstation 4 can't come soon enough!

# 227 seanjeezy @ 01/15/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Yea, let's hope Sony decides to put more than 2GB of RAM into it. It should at least have 4GB.
Reading the post on Neogaf, it specifically states 2-4 GB GDDR5. Having 4 gb would be crazy, most standalone cards with 4 gb are in the $500-750 price range...

Quote:
PS4 "Orbis"
- AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs), [Higher Clock than X720/Durango]
- Maybe AMD 8000 series GPU solution [Customised Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo]
- 2-4GB GDDR5
- Launch Fall 2013/Early 2014

Explanation: PS4 has a higher clock, but less cores and is using an APU solution (CPU & GPU elements combined onto a single chip). The PS4 has less RAM but is using faster GDDR ram, so the overall performance should be a wash.

For more information, Jeff Rigby's rumour roundup.

# 228 seanjeezy @ 01/15/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Well, I didn't mean it had to be for the GPU exclusively.
I knew what you meant lol, just having some fun...

# 229 ARMORALLL @ 01/15/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Brave fans used up all their request tokens a few years back! Your shut down!

Blue Jay fans will be done after this year as well!
Jays fans spent a lot of time being neglected by The Show. This is the first year they have released a pre-release video of Blue Jays gameplay.

# 230 thaSLAB @ 01/15/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Jays fans spent a lot of time being neglected by The Show. This is the first year they have released a pre-release video of Blue Jays gameplay.
Yeah, but what does that equate to in real time? Not Canadian time...

# 231 MLB Bob @ 01/15/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yeah, but what does that equate to in real time? Not Canadian time...

About equal or maybe a little more, kinda like your dollar..gonna be nice going to a game in T.O and jump over to Buffalo for a AAA game on the cheap. Just make sure we bring our own beer.

# 232 Shakedowncapo @ 01/16/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
The Cano stance isn't that bad. Not too sure why I've seen people complaining about it.
The '13 version is missing the bat wiggle he does as he loads up. I know what they were going for with this new one, its just missing an important part.

Here's a perfect example -- http://tinyurl.com/arq7spo

# 233 moemoe24 @ 01/21/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by todder85
All Star Baseball 2005 had roof open/closed and even closing. I remember playing at Safeco and watching the roof close as it moves along the tracks.
I don't see how blue jay fans get over the roof not closing. If they were my favorite team I would still have trouble playing with them because of that. I'm sure many people are like me in that I want everything as realistic as possible and the roof not closing making you play in 35 degree weather is just too unrealistic.

# 234 MrOldboy @ 01/21/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I don't see how blue jay fans get over the roof not closing. If they were my favorite team I would still have trouble playing with them because of that. I'm sure many people are like me in that I want everything as realistic as possible and the roof not closing making you play in 35 degree weather is just too unrealistic.
What I don't understand is why there can't just be two different stadiums one open and one closed. Would be some work and some extra data on the disc/install, but like a lot of people I don't get how this gets overlooked each year.

I don't care if its unrealistic that the roof is closed from the start of the game, its more unrealistic that it never closes.

# 235 Sco291 @ 01/21/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The '13 version is missing the bat wiggle he does as he loads up. I know what they were going for with this new one, its just missing an important part.

Here's a perfect example -- http://tinyurl.com/arq7spo
Meh, not a big deal to me. I'll just most likely find his old one on the generic stances.....

# 236 El_MaYiMbE @ 01/22/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Meh, not a big deal to me. I'll just most likely find his old one on the generic stances.....
There might be a chance they don't have it...ARod's batting chance changed, I doubt they will have his old one in as well, even though this one is better.

Fingers crossed though that we can put Cano's old stance.

# 237 Sco291 @ 01/22/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
There might be a chance they don't have it...ARod's batting chance changed, I doubt they will have his old one in as well, even though this one is better.

Fingers crossed though that we can put Cano's old stance.
Well i definitely hope they did put it in lol. If not, maybe his stance was just at a bad angle in the video

# 238 MrOldboy @ 01/22/13 06:27 PM
The new stance is terrible, I agree. Without the bat swing while he steps whats the point? There are a few players that have a timing mechanism like this and its a shame they don't seem to get them in the game.

Some are weird though like Starlin Castro, he seems to change it game to game as his timing changes. But he does have a certain look that should be in the game, his old stance was pretty sucky. Cano's little wiggle is more consistent so I don't see why it can't be added to his stance. Cano's last year I thought was one of the best ones in the game, he did change his stance up last year though so I understand the change. But not going all the way with it makes it look worse than ever. They tend to change some players, just for the sake of changing it. Like Pujols, I though last year his stance was way worse, same with Arod. Yet they still have Ichiro's ****ty stance. I can't use Ichiro in the game as his stance just bugs me too much and their isn't anything to replace it with.

My favorite time of year is when videos start to show up on the game and people complain or cheer the new stances. I've said it before, but its the one thing the devs can do to instantly make the game feel more authentic. I wish they would invest more resources into just making a bunch of new stances and pitching motions each year. It might seem like a small addition since its not something that you can advertise as a new addition. But it make a huge difference in practice one people get the new game in their hands.

# 239 NYGNYY7251 @ 01/23/13 11:43 AM
REALLY like what I saw and heard from this video. One of the major additions to me will be post-season mode. I, and I am sure most people do, love to simulations of the playoffs or even past seasons. It seems like they are putting a ton of work into making the playoff atmosphere be unlike any other sports title, which is awesome!

As for the new batting stances for the Yankees. It might be the camera angle, but Jeter's does not look all that good to me. Cano's needs to be fixed or just give him his old one. A-Rod's looks much better than last year's, and Granderson's looks better as well, but, I couldn't really tell if they gave him his two handed follow through this year.

# 240 brewersfan84 @ 01/23/13 05:53 PM
Loving the tweaks to equipment, shoes, etc.... Noticed some new batting stances as well. Needless to say, I also am a big fan of the new score bug!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.