Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Here is one of the better videos of MLB 13 The Show, coming from CES 2013. In this video, you can clearly see the new scorebug, Russell mentions you can turn off all On Screen Displays (OSD's), a very brief look at Franchise, Jeter's stance is fixed and more.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 moose616 @ 01/10/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballin23
whys that? im not saying dickey shouldnt have a rating. Im saying he shouldn't be an 98 or 99 overall because of one great season. trouts also not 40 years old
Not based off one season, but Fact used the last three. Everyone knows professional sports is all about "what have you done lately'."

# 122 Knight165 @ 01/10/13 05:12 PM
Ratings suck...that is all.

M.K.
Knight165

# 123 authentic @ 01/10/13 05:14 PM
Looks pretty solid. I like the new look menu's and overlays, making it look more like an actual broadcast. Pitching motions look fluid as usually. One thing I am concerned about is that fielding animations still look the same and the ball still looks like it floats up in the air far too long. Not every single hit in baseball is a screaming throw the infield or in the gap. I would like to see more weakly hit battled balls for singles. I have only seen a couple videos so hopefully it's a little better.

# 124 seanjeezy @ 01/10/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Last 3 years kid
OK, here are Dickey's stats over the last 3 years:

6.83 K/9
2.19 BB/9
0.80 HR/9
2.95 ERA

Johnny Cueto put up almost identical numbers in that time frame, do you think he's as good as Verlander/Felix/Kershaw?

# 125 Majingir @ 01/10/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
This is why I hate numerical ratings. If there is a option to toggle it off as Ramone alluded to, then that will be the ABSOLUTE first thing I do when I get the game.
Ratings were always in the game, when you edit players, you see their ratings right there. Only difference was outside of edit player menu, you couldn't see ratings. I'm guessing there'll be option to have ratings shown outside of edit player, and option to now.

# 126 Factzzz @ 01/10/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

6.83 K/9
2.19 BB/9
0.80 HR/9
2.95 ERA

Johnny Cueto put up almost identical numbers in that time frame, do you think he's as good as Verlander/Felix/Kershaw?
That's irrelevant, I'm talking about Felix and Dickey right now, and to say their numbers are not comparable last 3 years is extremely ignorant. Furthermore, to say that if Dickey is rated 99, then Felix should be rated 140 is asinine.

# 127 Carbon @ 01/10/13 05:19 PM
Quote:

6.83 K/9
2.19 BB/9
0.80 HR/9
2.95 ERA

Doesn't Cueto lead the majors in ERA+ over the past 2 seasons? There's a case, one I wouldn't necessarily agree with, that Cueto isn't far behind those guys.

# 128 yanksdaniel99 @ 01/10/13 05:19 PM
Quote:

6.83 K/9
2.19 BB/9
0.80 HR/9
2.95 ERA

But he won almost 20 games last year !!!!!!!

# 129 moose616 @ 01/10/13 05:19 PM
I would love to see authentic minor league stadiums. Not all at once, of course, but progressively. They're adding more anyways, it'd be nice if they added 3-5 AAA stadiums each year for those of us whose hometown team isn't quite in the majors :-)

# 130 Knight165 @ 01/10/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Ratings were always in the game, when you edit players, you see their ratings right there. Only difference was outside of edit player menu, you couldn't see ratings. I'm guessing there'll be option to have ratings shown outside of edit player, and option to now.
But that's only because they gave us the ability to edit attributes.
There was a time when even the editor didn't have numbers.

I wonder if God uses numbers when he creates ballplayers?
(and I wish someone would show me where I can edit my Met players IRL ....I still can't see it anywhere)

M.K.
Knight165

# 131 yanksdaniel99 @ 01/10/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
That's irrelevant, I'm talking about Felix and Dickey right now, and to say their numbers are not comparable last 3 years is extremely ignorant. Furthermore, to say that if Dickey is rated 99, then Felix should be rated 140 is asinine.
Can I get their WAR value the past 3 years ?

# 132 Majingir @ 01/10/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose616
I would love to see authentic minor league stadiums. Not all at once, of course, but progressively. They're adding more anyways, it'd be nice if they added 3-5 AAA stadiums each year for those of us whose hometown team isn't quite in the majors :-)
I'd rather they make all MLB stadiums as accurate as possible(only inaccuracies should be ads(for obvious reasons) and any changes made recently before the game came out) before really bothering about minor league stadiums

# 133 seanjeezy @ 01/10/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksdaniel99
Can I get their WAR value the past 3 years ?
Lol I was trying to avoid this one since it is the most obvious case of Felix's superiority...

Dickey - 9.9 WAR
Felix - 17.3 WAR

Felix should be rated between 171 and 173

Want to just use last year's #'s?

Dickey - 4.6
Felix - 6.1

# 134 moose616 @ 01/10/13 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I'd rather they make all MLB stadiums as accurate as possible(only inaccuracies should be ads(for obvious reasons) and any changes made recently before the game came out) before really bothering about minor league stadiums
I personally think people get too nitpicky with the most minute details. If so much as a tree is off-center, people want to crucify the programmers. I would love to see my home AAA ballpark from Rochester in the game I love to play, regardless of how little the fine-tooth details are included.

# 135 Factzzz @ 01/10/13 05:37 PM
Quote:
Lol I was trying to avoid this one since it is the most obvious case of Felix's superiority...

Dickey - 9.9 WAR
Felix - 17.3 WAR

Felix should be rated between 171 and 173

Want to just use last year's #'s?

Dickey - 4.6
Felix - 6.1
Why look at WAR when you can actually look at the wins they both got their teams

# 136 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/10/13 05:37 PM
The problem with numerical ratings is that people get hung up on the numbers instead of how the player performs. Sure there were ratings bars before(and I could view the ratings in the editor, but I couldn't access that info in game) but the Overall was so ambiguous that it made it difficult to determine who was rated higher.

This allows for a more realistic experience as a GM or coach. Girardi doesn't look down the bench and say, "hmmm I need a pinch hitter rated 80 or higher and he needs at least a 75 contact vs left and 85 power."

Like was stated before, as well, ratings are based off a formula based on position and a combination of ratings spit out of a formula to give you a number. So I'll have to choose between my 98 pitcher or 99 pitcher..

# 137 Nooooovak @ 01/10/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Why look at WAR when you can actually look at the wins they both got their teams
...that is exactly what WAR is.

# 138 todder85 @ 01/10/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Honestly I don't think they have space issue with a Bluray disc. PS3 internal memory I can understand if you want to animate the opening/closing of the roof. But what people are asking is a closed version of the dome that is loaded at game time like any other stadium.
All Star Baseball 2005 had roof open/closed and even closing. I remember playing at Safeco and watching the roof close as it moves along the tracks.

# 139 Factzzz @ 01/10/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooooovak
...that is exactly what WAR is.
No i mean record wise, as in Dickeys 39 Ws compared Felix 40 Ws

# 140 CabreraMVP @ 01/10/13 05:47 PM
They can't control whether they get the win in games they pitch. That is based on their teams offense and the opposing teams pitching staff.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.