Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Nick Livingston, Designer on MLB 13 The Show talks about the improvements in Diamond Dynasty. Dissect, discuss!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Livingston_SCEA @ 01/17/13 04:03 PM
I will have you know that I do NOT smoke drugs (or intake them in any other fashion)!

I was a little under the weather when I recorded this and didn't realize how deflated I sounded. That being said, I do have a pretty lax delivery regardless.

I hope you guys take a little time to check out DD this year. I had always split my time between Franchise and RTTS but DD got me addicted to playing head-to-head games (106-28 in DD2012, of course that doesn't include beating up on Ramone and friends all year on work builds). That being said, even I have to get my fix with Franchise and RTTS (The Show is the only addiction I need). I'm prepared for the year they turn me loose on franchise and/or rtts.

# 62 MrChainsaw @ 01/17/13 04:33 PM
Nice little Marlins Park cameo in that video. Looks like the green wall color is much better, and they added the "Budweiser" outfield logo and removed the incorrect yellow line from the top of the wall.

Thanks, SCEA.

# 63 UMhester04 @ 01/17/13 04:40 PM
Can someone please explain to me if the mode can be enjoyed just playing offline? I really want to play it because I think it will be cool to create my own team, but isn't the point of this mode to be played online and just rise up the leader boards, or can it be enjoyed as just an offline mode?

# 64 thaSLAB @ 01/17/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Can someone please explain to me if the mode can be enjoyed just playing offline? I really want to play it because I think it will be cool to create my own team, but isn't the point of this mode to be played online and just rise up the leader boards, or can it be enjoyed as just an offline mode?
You can play the CPU to your hearts content, even though you are still connected to online. It runs like an offline game though. I guess you can look at them as "unranked" games. If you want to rise up the leader boards and ranks, yes, you have to play real people in true online games.

# 65 UMhester04 @ 01/17/13 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
You can play the CPU to your hearts content, even though you are still connected to online. It runs like an offline game though. I guess you can look at them as "unranked" games. If you want to rise up the leader boards and ranks, yes, you have to play real people in true online games.

Well that works for me, it's always cool making and playing with my college team. Hopefully they add an expansion mode soon!

# 66 Drew127 @ 01/17/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I noticed they fixed the marlins park green walls. Good stuff!
I also noticed the new rooftop bar in CF at Camden Yards as well as the updated out of town scoreboard. Nice!

# 67 thaSLAB @ 01/17/13 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I also noticed the new rooftop bar in CF at Camden Yards as well as the updated out of town scoreboard. Nice!
I had this on my list of CD stadium checks, but the ivy on the batter's eye is gone now right?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 68 Ejfalcon9 @ 01/17/13 08:01 PM
Well I think i'm finally gonna break down and buy a PS3 just for The Show.

# 69 MetsFan16 @ 01/17/13 08:55 PM
It would be cool if we could challenge a friend to a DD game. Instead of just playing against a random player.

# 70 Drew127 @ 01/17/13 08:58 PM
Quote:
I had this on my list of CD stadium checks, but the ivy on the batter's eye is gone now right?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Ivy not gone, but I miss the ivy. The Show can keep it there for all I care, it looks better than without it.

# 71 UMhester04 @ 01/17/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
Well I think i'm finally gonna break down and buy a PS3 just for The Show.
Good choice brotha

# 72 ripwalk @ 01/17/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I see they improved the end of game hand shakes with team mates

Notice how the catcher is not wearing any cap or helmet anymore and you can now see his hair

I have requested this small change and Sony has come though for me

And I like that you can now see the home team come out of the dugout and take the field before the first pitch.

For anyone here who says Sony does not listen to your feedback is just dead wrong!
The best part of the newly-done post-game high fives is that it looks like it's all bare hands now, as opposed to the lefties who in past games apparently kept their open gloves on and used them to high five their teammates.

# 73 metal134 @ 01/17/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It doesn't, it amazes me the things people focus on in some of these videos and such.
You and me both bro.

# 74 AccidentalGenius @ 01/18/13 11:27 AM
What is the stadium at the end? The one called "Capital Field." I have never heard of that.

# 75 Curahee @ 01/18/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentalGenius
What is the stadium at the end? The one called "Capital Field." I have never heard of that.
Thats one of the new MiLB stadiums added to 2013.

# 76 metsfan4life1 @ 01/18/13 03:23 PM
It looks so fake.

# 77 Knight165 @ 01/18/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
It looks so fake.
Mission accomplished....they are!

M.K.
Knight165

# 78 UMhester04 @ 01/18/13 05:10 PM
Will there be an easier way to make border colors on letters? It's so hard to make a border color this year.

# 79 thaSLAB @ 01/18/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Will there be an easier way to make border colors on letters? It's so hard to make a border color this year.
Yes! That was one of the first things Nick and I talked about when we were last there. You will have the option to add an outline to an logo/script/etc.

# 80 UMhester04 @ 01/18/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
Yes! That was one of the first things Nick and I talked about when we were last there. You will have the option to add an outline to an logo/script/etc.

That is fantastic

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.