Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Below are the list of updates.

Heat: LeBron James +1 (99)
Thunder: Kevin Durant +1 (95)
Bucks: Brandon Jennings +1 (82)
Celtics: Jared Sullinger +3 (72)
Grizzlies: Tony Allen +2 (76)
Hornets: Robin Lopez +4 (69)
Lakers: Earl Clark +3 (67)
Nuggets: Kosta Koufos +7 (64)
Pacers: Paul George +2 (83)
Pacers: George Hill +1 (75)
Raptors: Ed Davis +3 (71)

Bobcats: Tyrus Thomas -1 (70)
Bucks: Monta Ellis -2 (83)
Lakers: Steve Nash -2 (85)
Nets: Gerald Wallace -4 (77)
Pacers: Gerald Green -6 (70)

Lakers: Pau Gasol - Activated (81)
Lakers: Dwight Howard - Activated (92)
Knicks: Iman Shumpert - Activated (80)
Celtics: Chris Wilcox - Activated (65)
Jazz: Marvin Williams - Activated (66)
Magic: Glen Davis - Activated (73)
Nuggets: Wilson Chandler - Activated (80)

Spurs: Manu Ginobili - Deactivated (78)

Nets: Damion James - Added (70)

UPDATE: More details can be found at The Real 2K Insider.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Brooklynnets24 @ 01/18/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Actually it's not , it's his 2nd season in the League . Only thing is up this season is his fg% by 2 , blocks by 1. In his 2nd year he averaged 18.8 ppg on basically 50% from the field . 8.6 rebounds per game , 2.3 assist , 1.7 blocks per and 81% from the FT line . Not to mention he took two less fg attempts in his 2nd year than this year and still can't average more points .
Talk about someone stuck at looking at stats and not the actual game. I've been a Nets fan for a decade and watch this team every chance I get I've seen lopez from a rookie till now. Please don't tell me that because his stats are % points lower or higher that he is not having a better season. If you want to carry on with stats him being 5th in PER says a lot about his game and his efficiency but Idc about that. I care about what I see him do out there every game with the improvement of his shot,defense and all around game. Now unless you secretly love the Nets and own the YES Network and watch their games all the time then I'd like for you to prove me wrong. It also blows my mind you completely ignored the fact that he only avg 29 minutes a game and still pulls all this off

# 62 jeebs9 @ 01/18/13 03:11 PM
Deron Williams has been playing well since the day they lowered him in 2k13 lol.

# 63 Blackhail92 @ 01/18/13 03:50 PM
No bias here. seeing as im a knicks fan but stats or not, Brook Lopez is playing the best basketball I have seen him play. Like it was previously stated he isnt as much a defensive liability anymore. While Stats are very important they dont tell the WHOLE story all the time. For example, Melo has been passing the ball wayyyyyy more this year and has been playing defense extremely well(compared to before) but his assists are down from last year and i believe his steals were higher last year as well, but as a knicks fan who watches every game i can say melo is a better passer and defender then he was last year even though stats say otherwise. Same goes for Brook Lopez. His stats may not be his highest but his impact on the court is the greatest its ever been.

P.S. someone tell nba 2k insider to raise melo back to a 92 already(defensive stats and hustle and slight raise in mid range) . its long over due. please and thank you

# 64 blklightning @ 01/18/13 08:37 PM
I really hate when they deactivate injured players. I don't care if someone is hurt, 2K. Let me use them in Play Now anyway. Or add an option to turn off/on pre-existing injuries. This is freaking ridiculous.

All this micro managing is more than enough reason not to give them my money next year.

# 65 Brooklynnets24 @ 01/18/13 11:13 PM
Quote:
Yes he may be playing the best basketball of his life but its not his best statistical year all around like i said. Alot of players have improved but it doesn't show up in their stats. Like it or not when people see stats thats what most people are going to base a player off of. Like i said Blake has improved as a player but this isnt his best year he has had better like i said . He has been the most Consistent Net this year and yall wont go far until Deron Williams picks up his play , he's the one will make the Nets a championship caliber team. I would assume Nets fans would be happy with being in the playoffs after being absent from it a couple of years.
He avg 29 minutes a game with advanced stats he's having the best statistical year he's ever had. IDK what exactly you're trying to prove here but there are more to stats then just searching "Brook Lopez" on espn and seeing 4 categories I don't get how you have completely ignored the drop in minutes compared to his first three seasons(please for the love of god don't bring up last years minutes which was 5 games). Also D-Will has been playing like a monster ever since Avery Johnson has left but since you only look at stats it's tough to know that

# 66 JazzMan @ 01/19/13 12:46 AM
Again, one man deserves an upgrade more-so than any other in the game: Gordon Hayward.

Absolutely no debate to it.

# 67 tropicana420 @ 01/19/13 01:45 AM
Can we get a goddamn equipment update? Damn NBA season is half way over and you guys changed like 3 things.

# 68 Brooklynnets24 @ 01/19/13 04:09 AM
Quote:
I must admit Brook Lopez has improved this year. But for Deron Williams I wouldn't say he's been a " monster " he's been getting a lol better every game . Still don't think he deserves to be an all star over Holiday who has been the better player this season .
I agree he isn't Jrue and Kyrie have been beasting all year. Deron was playing like trash under Avery but he was also not used properly.Still no excuse for his terrible shooting I think he will improve. The current coach isn't much of an upgrade either his lineups are still terrible but it's still better than Avery's Iso ball and playing Stackhouse 25+ minutes

# 69 JazzMan @ 01/19/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
He needs to be switched to a SF his rating will go up to a 70 like its suppose to be
It's not just his overall. You can't just up his overall rating and call it good. The dude is severely underrated defensively and athletically on the game. I think they have Mike Miller faster than him! He's Utah's best perimeter defender and is usually the one guarding Kobe, Harden, Durant, etc.

# 70 STAT2DARACK @ 01/19/13 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
Melo has been an above average, even good defender this year and he is top 10 in 3pt percentage last I checked, not to mention him doing everything else better than ever. An upgrade in both those areas are way past due.

I think that is enough to warrant an upgrade back to his original rating of 92 that he had when the game was released.
Melo has not been above average, I watch every Knicks game. He's a bad to average defender. He's still lazy, the other day Luol Deng dropped 30+ on over 60% shooting on Melo. Carmelo still has a terrible defensive rating, he also hasn't produced much in the DWS category. Carmelo deserves an upgrade on his three point shooting though.
I agree with boosting LeBron to a 99, he was underrated in other categories such as rebounding and defense. I think 2K kept his defensive and rebounding low because they wanted the 99 reserved for MJ. LeBron this year is shooting 55% from the field and 75% at the rim he has to have a 99 shot inside right?

# 71 JazzMan @ 01/19/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
You should know 2k won't upgrade him until he starts showing some national improvement . They should lower is 3 ball a lil though and up his on ball d and athletic ability though
I know 2k won't upgrade him. He should've been upgraded the first week. His 3 ball has actually been improving recently, so I think it's fine where it is right now. I don't care if he's not showing so-called "national improvement." They upgrade guys all the time that aren't scoring 20+ a night. However, they also upgrade guys that clearly don't deserve it, like Earl Clark.

# 72 Find_the_Door @ 01/19/13 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
I really hate when they deactivate injured players. I don't care if someone is hurt, 2K. Let me use them in Play Now anyway. Or add an option to turn off/on pre-existing injuries. This is freaking ridiculous.

All this micro managing is more than enough reason not to give them my money next year.
I absolutely LOVE!!! that injuries are accurately reflected in 2k. It's one of the biggest reasons I buy the title year in and year out!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

# 73 Blackhail92 @ 01/20/13 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAT2DARACK
Melo has not been above average, I watch every Knicks game. He's a bad to average defender. He's still lazy, the other day Luol Deng dropped 30+ on over 60% shooting on Melo. Carmelo still has a terrible defensive rating, he also hasn't produced much in the DWS category. Carmelo deserves an upgrade on his three point shooting though.
I agree with boosting LeBron to a 99, he was underrated in other categories such as rebounding and defense. I think 2K kept his defensive and rebounding low because they wanted the 99 reserved for MJ. LeBron this year is shooting 55% from the field and 75% at the rim he has to have a 99 shot inside right?
I also watch every knicks game and must disagree. I watched the bulls game where loul deng scored 30 plus. I remember the WHOLE bulls team being on fire and melo even guarding deng very well and contesting shots and Loul still made it. A couple of times melo even laughed after Deng made those shots cause he himself couldnt believe it. Also melo was playing at PF for most of that game. but anyways melo is not a bad defender anymore if you watch carefully. He actually strips the ball the most in the post i have seen this year(even though he may never get credit for the steal) and his effort is there more on the defensive end then it has ever been. His hustle,perimeter d, and post d could use a slight bump. His offense is fine in 2k. his three is an 86 already with hot spots all over the three point line. He make mostly everything. 2k needs to focus on increasing his hustle (43) and other stats like his terrible perimeter defense stats. Those are the stats 2k lowered on him before for whatever reason. I believe because of his off year last year. But he certainly deserves his 92 back now. Offense doesnt deserve much of an upgrade though besides mayb increasing his mid range back to a 90(it is an 87 now and westbrooks is an 88). Lebron who was playing PF most of the bulls and heat game let Carlos Boozer drop 27 on him shooting 12-17 would we say lebron is a bad defender? Nope. So try to forget about melos past and just watch the effort

# 74 teebee @ 01/20/13 03:40 PM
Gordon Hayward needs some boosting; especially his C+ athleticism and outside game; block rating needs a boost as well

# 75 Rare Talent @ 01/20/13 03:51 PM
Need Chris Johnson and Mickael Gelabale on the Timberwolves roster

# 76 Colts18 @ 01/20/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Gerald Green:

Vertical: 97 (+2)
For what???????????

# 77 Colts18 @ 01/20/13 04:33 PM
We know this. And we have known this since he got drafted. Why is it going up?

# 78 Find_the_Door @ 01/22/13 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Talent

Chris Johnson was on the Blazers for quite sometime, and they never added him. I wouldn't get my hopes up for him to be added.

# 79 Painkiller1974 @ 01/22/13 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Talent

I would like ot put this 2 players in Twolaves roster... but they already have 15 players !
Who should I take? L.Hayward and..... ?
thanks for your help

# 80 JasonMartin @ 01/22/13 12:57 PM
Why is Copeland (knicks) white in this game? There is barely any difference between Kidd and him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.