Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

We saw the video yesterday, today Nick Livingston, Designer on MLB 13 The Show has posted an MLB 13 The Show blog discussing more about the Diamond Dynasty mode.

Quote:
So, you saw what was in the video. But, what improvements weren’t covered?

Well, we decided to introduce the Designated Hitter in MLB 13. Users can choose whether they want to play by American or National League rules. Are you a baseball tactician who wants to use small-ball tactics and challenge your opponent to make strategic substitutions? Or will you stack nine sluggers and let your bats do the thinking?

If you love customizing, the Logo Editor got a handful of new tricks and a boatload of new samples. The Expand tool allows you to expand the borders of selected layers without skewing the core of the layers. This is perfect for quickly making borders, or altering fonts. Easily choose between MLB Team primary colors to exactly match your team with the team you love.

And finally, Diamond Dynasty Home provides at-a-glance information about the status of your team to help you stay on top of your managerial responsibilities.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 myghty @ 01/17/13 02:05 PM
I really enjoyed DD last year, but one of the few things I didn't like was that you couldn't use your custom camera view. I wonder if its allowed this year. Also I hope I don't have to wait redo my logos again... took me a long time last year and would like to use the same one.

# 2 DanH35 @ 01/17/13 02:06 PM
I know it's not on the subject of the blog, but I like that they added the truck grill behind the bleachers at Busch Stadium that the screenshot in the blog shows.

# 3 Russell_SCEA @ 01/17/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I really enjoyed DD last year, but one of the few things I didn't like was that you couldn't use your custom camera view. I wonder if its allowed this year. Also I hope I don't have to wait redo my logos again... took me a long time last year and would like to use the same one.

No and it most likely will never be a feature. Having custom camera's for online play creates a lot of divergences and hurts the framerate. For that reason there are over 25 camera's to choose from this year hopefully there is something for everyone.

# 4 econoodle @ 01/17/13 02:13 PM
I'll try this out again this year, but only if its not online required.

# 5 Marino @ 01/17/13 02:23 PM
I like the transparent bat when bunting. Will make it easier to pull it back if I see it's a ball.

# 6 Timmer015 @ 01/18/13 01:28 AM
Any word if we can create teams with the same name as other people this year? Last year I actually managed to get the game a day early but unfortunately didn't touch DD until a week later and wasn't able to get the name I wanted because it was in use already.

# 7 dunkyboy @ 01/18/13 05:10 AM
Any news on whether we can play at home against the CPU this year?

# 8 MrOldboy @ 01/18/13 05:13 AM
Has there been any confirm on whether or not you can import your logo from last year? At least one of the logos so we can at least get the main logo, then we can copy pate it as we need.

# 9 AccidentalGenius @ 01/18/13 11:26 AM
Just a Q. In the video towards the end there is a couple of seconds of the DD team playing at home at "Capital Field." I have never heard of stadium called that. Plus, you can see a famous Washinton D.C. building in the back. What does this mean?

# 10 thaSLAB @ 01/18/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentalGenius
Just a Q. In the video towards the end there is a couple of seconds of the DD team playing at home at "Capital Field." I have never heard of stadium called that. Plus, you can see a famous Washinton D.C. building in the back. What does this mean?
That's one of the new minor league stadiums. It's a fictitious stadium near a fictitious state capital building.

# 11 metsfan4life1 @ 01/18/13 03:43 PM
Diamond dynasty is kind if week

# 12 CubFan23 @ 01/18/13 04:49 PM
With all this customization already implemented in the game, why can't we get an expansion feature in franchise?

# 13 bp4baseball @ 01/18/13 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
With all this customization already implemented in the game, why can't we get an expansion feature in franchise?
That's the next step I'm sure, but it's not that straightforward.

# 14 metal134 @ 01/18/13 10:26 PM
This may have been mentioned, if so, I missed it, but will we have to make teams from scratch or import the one's from last year? I'd hate to have to make a new team because someone snatched my team name before I could log on.

# 15 riotmonster @ 01/18/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I'm expecting this on the ps4 titles. it is long overdue

# 16 Perfect Zero @ 01/19/13 11:52 AM
I think the reason for not having expansion in franchise is because that would put the two leagues in odd numbers making scheduling and other things an issue. Relocation would also not work as the teams' identities are protected by Major League Baseball. Some day I would like to see a "create a team," but Diamond Dynasty is a nice trade off.

# 17 muleyman @ 01/19/13 12:03 PM
but they could just generate a team for whatever league your not in to even it up/

# 18 Knight165 @ 01/19/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Diamond dynasty is kind if week
I'll play...

Franchise mode is mean if month!

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 Perfect Zero @ 01/19/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman
but they could just generate a team for whatever league your not in to even it up/
Which takes time and effort to get right, especially since they don't know what market to put it in. This isn't to mention the scheduling issues and having to make new divisions and a new playoff system. And again, this could be part of the image issue with the MLB license. Right now, it just seems too far out there to do right now.

# 20 MrOldboy @ 01/19/13 12:32 PM
I don't really like the idea of the expansion option. The amount of work it would take to get right wouldn't be worth it I feel.

Unless it was some form of a completely new mode. I wonder if a lot of people would want a sort of create your own franchise type of mode. Its the only way I'd see it justified to try and implement it. I wouldn't be that upset with an odd # of teams in each league, they could just randomize the schedules to make it fit and keep all the same rules in place with the playoff structure.

I feel like there were games where you could replace one of the teams with your own team. I don't know if that would be allowed now with their current agreement with MLB. I'd doubt it with all the weird restrictions we hear about.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.