Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the MLB 13 The Show cover art with Andrew McCutchen. Also announced today, Jose Bautista will once again be on the Canadian cover.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Knight165 @ 01/18/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
For the second year in a row, the Canadian cover will be graced by Jose Batista. OK he's a great player, but don't you think it's a bit redundant? I would have prefered Joey Votto, a true Canadian and an all-star player even though he plays for an American team. At least it's not going to be Brett Lawrie. Than God for that!
We're slowly bringing you guys into this whole baseball thing a little at a time.

When you can finally tell the difference between a snowball and a baseball....you get a different cover guy.

M.K.
Knight165

# 22 CubFan23 @ 01/18/13 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Check out the MLB 13 The Show cover art with Andrew McCutchen. Also announced today, Jose Bautista will once again be on the Canadian cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
Can't wait until they announce who the Canadian cover will be. Maybe Lawrie. Not sure if they'll do Bautista again.
Read it again

# 23 ARMORALLL @ 01/18/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think they are geared more towards the Canadian "team" affiliation. The Canadian cover with a Cincinnati Reds or Minnesota Twins jersey on it would be... weird. Unless they put a picture of them in their Canadian WBC jersey, but then again this is an MLB game.
I've always wanted WBC teams added to the show. Any chance one of you have asked the Sony guys why it's not made available?

# 24 Doran @ 01/18/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Although its premature, Jose REYES wouldve been a better choice only because Joey Bats was on it last year.
Reyes fever is here in the great white north, hard to find a jersey around here that isnt xxl, but I get it he hasnt actually played yet.
Very happy its NOT Lawrie though that kid needs to wake up, dont care if hes canadian,
Would have preferred Dickey if we want to discuss the new additions...

# 25 thaSLAB @ 01/18/13 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
I've always wanted WBC teams added to the show. Any chance one of you have asked the Sony guys why it's not made available?
We can definitely ask, but I'm pretty sure it ends up being a licensing issue, with Konami holding the rights.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 26 barsoffury @ 01/19/13 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Read it again
I wrote that before Bautista was announced and the thread title was changed.

# 27 barsoffury @ 01/19/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
We're slowly bringing you guys into this whole baseball thing a little at a time.

When you can finally tell the difference between a snowball and a baseball....you get a different cover guy.

M.K.
Knight165
Hey hey you guys put Mauer on their twice so...meh.

# 28 barsoffury @ 01/19/13 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Although its premature, Jose REYES wouldve been a better choice only because Joey Bats was on it last year.
Reyes fever is here in the great white north, hard to find a jersey around here that isnt xxl, but I get it he hasnt actually played yet.
Very happy its NOT Lawrie though that kid needs to wake up, dont care if hes canadian,

Meh, Lawrie would have made sense because he's a Canadian, on Canada's team, an up and coming young talent, and to avoid Jose again.

# 29 Curahee @ 01/19/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I wrote that before Bautista was announced and the thread title was changed.
I was just gonna tell him that!

# 30 jcmreds @ 01/19/13 11:47 AM
Caberra or Posey should've been on the cover not a guy who's had one good year on a losing team.

# 31 ped3328 @ 01/19/13 11:49 AM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
I only expressed my opinion. Pure and simple. At least, I did not used any sarcasm in my comment.

# 32 MLB Bob @ 01/19/13 01:05 PM
I don't know, should we hold it against the Americans cause they don't know how to fly a flag? They will find ways to embarrass themselves, Rogers replayed the 92 World Series and Americans thought their jokes were hilarious but had to apologize for pretty much all of it.

McCutchen was a good pick, and although EE had a break out year Bautista is still the big name for jays (after the big trade, dunno)

But lawrie already being suspended for acting like a baby isn't much of what you're looking for in a cover guy (surprised Miggy was asked even tho he won a triple crown. The guy has bad legal history and obviously bad judgement)

As stated before, knight had some good reasons for mcCutch that I agreed with

# 33 Knight165 @ 01/19/13 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I don't know, should we hold it against the Americans cause they don't know how to fly a flag? They will find ways to embarrass themselves, Rogers replayed the 92 World Series and Americans thought their jokes were hilarious but had to apologize for pretty much all of it.

McCutchen was a good pick, and although EE had a break out year Bautista is still the big name for jays (after the big trade, dunno)

But lawrie already being suspended for acting like a baby isn't much of what you're looking for in a cover guy (surprised Miggy was asked even tho he won a triple crown. The guy has bad legal history and obviously bad judgement)

As stated before, knight had some good reasons for mcCutch that I agreed with

I'm sorry...
We never apologize....

M.K.
Knight165

# 34 MLB Bob @ 01/19/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry...
We never apologize....

M.K.
Knight165
Just one of the many flaws (not worth getting into any more of discussion, but people should not be so flippant about commenting on another country, light hearted or not, it pushes the wrong buttons.

# 35 Knight165 @ 01/19/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Just one of the many flaws (not worth getting into any more of discussion, but people should not be so flippant about commenting on another country, light hearted or not, it pushes the wrong buttons.
Your reply should have been...

to my...

I'm sorry(apology)....
We don't apologize!...

M.K.
Knight165

# 36 cdncurrency @ 01/20/13 05:04 PM
Love the Bautista decision. The more he's involved with the game, the better.

# 37 Curahee @ 01/21/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook.com/playstationCanada
We're proud to announce Jose Bautista will once again be gracing the cover of MLB The Show in Canada.
But this year YOU choose the design.
Check back here tomorrow to vote for your favourite cover!
You Vote. You Decide.
https://www.facebook.com/PlayStationCanada

# 38 Majingir @ 01/22/13 02:58 PM
One of these 3 will be the Canadian cover:

Away jersey:

Home jersey:

Canada Day jersey(which is worn on July 1st)

I like Canada day jersey the best, and it's gonna win the poll, but sorta strange to see a jersey which is only worn for 1/162 games a year being the one featured on the cover.

# 39 Bobhead @ 01/22/13 06:42 PM
I feel like the third one, where the bat is fully visible, is the most interesting stance... but that uniform is blah, and his facial expression is even blah-er.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
That picture gives the illusion that his left side mustache sticks out like those old ball players wih handlebar staches. Haha
I had to go take a second look but yes! You're absolutely right lol his mustache looks 3D on that side.

# 40 MrOldboy @ 01/22/13 07:11 PM
I like the first cover the best by far. It represents the team well and looks the most like he is actually hitting a ball. The third one looks like he is hitting fly balls for practice. I would have still liked to see one of him in his stance pre pitch, I feel that is the most recognizable thing about Bautista. He has a certain intimidating look of confidence in the box and that is what I associate with him.

I third one is just why? They wore that jersey once. If I was a Toronto fan I would want the home jersey that is worn most often. Its like with McCutchen, I wish they used the home Pirates jersey instead of the Home alternate. I associate the Pirates team with the white home jersey.

If they put Rizzo or Castro on the cover some day I'd feel the same way. I'd want the white home jerseys and not the blue alternates. Its awesome to get McCutchen on the cover if you're a Pirates fan, but as a fan I want it to be a representation of the team since it is so rare to get your team on the cover.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.