Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Check out the MLB 13 The Show video, featuring Ramone Russell walking through Beginner Mode.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bobtrain @ 01/23/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
Found this over on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nPG1_Ei4M
Interesting to see that the mode is adaptive. Pretty cool concept for beginners (noobs).

# 2 metsfan4life1 @ 01/23/13 01:39 PM
Nice gameplay video. Lots of good footage. And every Yankee shown But Gardner had a new stance. And did Youk have that facial hair style at the end of last year or did Sony and the team assume as he's a Yankee now that they wouldn't allow him to have his goatee combo?

# 3 Blzer @ 01/23/13 02:44 PM
- Is that a modification of GMO's camera, or...?

- Nice little touch to see the new curves on the corners of the strike zone.

- Not too worrisome because of the difficulty level, but Cano took that opposite field with ease. I know there will be new push/pull tendencies, but I wonder if that also helps with regard to power the opposite way. Time will tell on that front.

# 4 ckarlic @ 01/23/13 03:05 PM
Like the batting camera that was used. I assume it is a "catcher cam" of some sort.

# 5 Rob_NYY @ 01/23/13 04:35 PM
I love Youkilis' mustache!

I'm still not seeing Cano with that new batting stance. I really hope his stance from MLB 12 is still available as a generic so I can use it instead of this new one.

# 6 Number2DJ @ 01/23/13 04:47 PM
Nice gameplay. I hope that Cano's stance will be different in the final build..

# 7 jmik58 @ 01/23/13 05:00 PM
I see the dad from the VW commercial is still playing outfield. The ol' "lunge while stepping with the same foot as your throwing arm" technique that four-year-olds do. Just looks unnatural. Otherwise, interesting video!

# 8 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/23/13 05:35 PM
Can't watch the video because I am at work. But can anyone tell me what number Youk is wearing. I think he is supposed to be #36, but I haven't seen anything certain on that.

# 9 Number2DJ @ 01/23/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Can't watch the video because I am at work. But can anyone tell me what number Youk is wearing. I think he is supposed to be #36, but I haven't seen anything certain on that.
Yep, he has #36.

# 10 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/23/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
He is supposed to wear #36. Listening to Bill Simmons and heard that. No way they could give Youk #20.

# 11 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/23/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
He is supposed to wear #36. Listening to Bill Simmons and heard that. No way they could give Youk #20.
If they would have given Youk 20, Yankee fans would have rioted.

# 12 Number2DJ @ 01/23/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
Yep, everbody knows 20 will always be Bucky Dent's.

Wait, ...what?
Posada also used 20..

# 13 ltw0303cavs @ 01/23/13 06:25 PM
Also if I heard right , the actual Yankee HR siren is in the game. I dont think it was in last year but could be wrong

# 14 mrhenry209 @ 01/23/13 07:10 PM
Along with Cano, I also really hope that Youk gets a new stance. From the shadow and unnatural leg wiggling, it looks like he has his "batting stance guy" stance from '08 or '09 The Show. IMO the awkward, unnatural, and incorrect stances/windups/animations are even more jarring this year considering how realistic this game looks now.

# 15 Galvatron @ 01/23/13 07:15 PM
I LOVE that batting view I can't wait to try it out.

Oh and at the 2:26 mark...THE SUBWAY TRAIN WAS IN MOTION! Nice touch.(behind the right field wall)

# 16 DickDalewood @ 01/23/13 08:55 PM
Yah what batting cam was that? Looked similar to 2K's.

Nice!

# 17 Jolly Roger @ 01/23/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu9
I dont like that batting cam. The body gets cut off in the screen. But looks good!

Something that makes me nervous was that pop up, and how much wind blew it into fair play. I hate that
I find that the wind slider is very effective in toning the wind effect down

# 18 Bobhead @ 01/23/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
- Not too worrisome because of the difficulty level, but Cano took that opposite field with ease. I know there will be new push/pull tendencies, but I wonder if that also helps with regard to power the opposite way. Time will tell on that front.

That was an immediate concern for me also. Thinking about it though, I highly doubt Cano would be given some sort of push tendency, so I could only assume that either beginner mode gives a boost, or wind was blowing out... Plus it is Yankee Stadium.

# 19 MrOldboy @ 01/23/13 09:23 PM
Man that new Cano stance is soooo bad. I just can't get over it. I really hope that is not the final stance. Its accurate for when Cano stands still in the box, but that is it. I really hope last years stance is still in the game as it was pretty good, even if he now puts his bat on his shoulder before each pitch. I'd rather use that one.

# 20 seanjeezy @ 01/23/13 09:45 PM
Judging by that popup that blew back into the field of play, the wind was blowing pretty strongly out to left-center. Also, the ball was on the outer third of the plate and Cano hit 6 HR's last year to left or left-center so its not like he doesn't have oppo power... He also has a tendency to hit fly balls the other way (44.9% FB% to the opposite field) so I'm not too concerned... yet...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.