Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Check out the MLB 13 The Show video, featuring Ramone Russell walking through Beginner Mode.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/23/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Judging by that popup that blew back into the field of play, the wind was blowing pretty strongly out to left-center. Also, the ball was on the outer third of the plate and Cano hit 6 HR's last year to left or left-center so its not like he doesn't have oppo power... He also has a tendency to hit fly balls the other way (44.9% FB% to the opposite field) so I'm not too concerned... yet...
I'm a little worried about all of these changes they are making. I've always been told don't try to fix what isn't broken.

# 22 Yankees2009Champs @ 01/23/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
A decent option for newb's I guess....I'll never use it. But it does make me nervous that they're tweaking things that are not broken to appease people who don't know how to play. The hitting wasn't that difficult in past versions and judging from that video, if you can't hit in this mode then you may have a neurological disorder and probably shouldn't be playing video games. I will also say that if anything, if they could figure out how to make it easier to read pitches and determine ball or strike it would be cool. I don't draw nearly enough walks and would like to take more but I frequently swing at balls that out or marginally out of the strike zone.
That's on you for swinging at bad pitches. I see the ball just fine, except for some games at Progresive Field.

You want more walks. Use Pyschobulk/TKGMs sliders.

# 23 Bobhead @ 01/23/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
I see the ball just fine, except for some games at Progresive Field.
Speaking of that... any word if this has been fixed yet? I'm tired of having to play all my games against the Cleveland Indians at some other random stadium.

# 24 Russell_SCEA @ 01/23/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Is that a modification of GMO's camera, or...?
That's not his there are four of them that are really zoomed in like that 2 of them are G'Mo's.

Quote:
- Not too worrisome because of the difficulty level, but Cano took that opposite field with ease. I know there will be new push/pull tendencies, but I wonder if that also helps with regard to power the opposite way. Time will tell on that front.
The wind was blowing out like crazy in that game and the game was on beginner its beyond easy to rake. For a veteran of the franchise it's strictly meant for new users and people who struggle.

The blog on Friday goes into great detail about the changes to hitting and the engine itself.

# 25 Russell_SCEA @ 01/23/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Man that new Cano stance is soooo bad. I just can't get over it. I really hope that is not the final stance. Its accurate for when Cano stands still in the box, but that is it. I really hope last years stance is still in the game as it was pretty good, even if he now puts his bat on his shoulder before each pitch. I'd rather use that one.
His stance has been altered.

# 26 42 @ 01/23/13 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
His stance has been altered.

How dirty did you feel using the Yankees?

# 27 Blzer @ 01/24/13 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's not his there are four of them that are really zoomed in like that 2 of them are G'Mo's.

The wind was blowing out like crazy in that game and the game was on beginner its beyond easy to rake. For a veteran of the franchise it's strictly meant for new users and people who struggle.

The blog on Friday goes into great detail about the changes to hitting and the engine itself.
Thanks.

I guess I should have mentioned I only had time to watch like twenty seconds of the video, and that was within the twenty seconds that I saw (just skipped right to it). Now that I was able to watch it all, I saw the wind effect and everything. I have no doubts that the new hitting model is everything it's hoped to be.

# 28 pirates1fan @ 01/24/13 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
I LOVE that batting view I can't wait to try it out.

Oh and at the 2:26 mark...THE SUBWAY TRAIN WAS IN MOTION! Nice touch.(behind the right field wall)
How did you notice that? Haha. Just shows how they do pay attention to detail.

# 29 Baseballking888 @ 01/24/13 09:25 AM
The batting camera present in that video reminds me of the default one from MVP Baseball.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.