Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Another NBA 2K13 roster update was released this morning.

The Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers trade has gone through. Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Selby are now with the Cavs and Jon Leuer is now with the Grizzlies.

Alvin Gentry is still coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter.

A few injuries have been updated as well. Not seeing any player rating updates. Also, first noticed by TheBallZ, the Acrobat Signature skill has been removed from all players, possibly to cut down on the Eurostep cheese, while they work on a fix.

UPDATE: Ronnie tweeted, then deleted the following message.

Quote:
The Acrobat skill was removed online temporarily for Virgin Gaming Tournament.

Atlanta Hawks - Lou Williams (Injured - 54)
Atlanta Hawks - Jannero Pargo (Added - 64)
Miami Heat - Chris Andersen (Added - 66)
New York Knicks - Ray Felton (Returns from Injury - 79)
Orlando Magic - Hedo Turkoglu (Injured - 69)
San Antonio Spurs - Manu Ginobili (Returns from Injury - 86)
Minnesota TimberWolves - Nikola Pekovic (Injured - 57)
Minnesota TimberWolves - Alexey Shved (Injured - 63)
Portland Trail Blazers - Myers Leonard (Returns from Injury - 59)
Washington Wizards - Cartier Martin (Injured - 58)

The Real 2K Insider has posted all 20 players that lost their Acrobat Signature Skill, as well as more details on the roster.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheBallZ @ 01/24/13 08:45 AM
I've made a thread on it already but the it's directly relevant to this thread that the acrobat signature skill has been removed from all current players in this update. It is still an option for MyPlayers though.

# 2 daveberg @ 01/24/13 08:46 AM
So they're removing sig skills because people abuse the Euro Step?

That is ridiculous.

I play exclusively offline - does that mean MJ now will not have the acrobat sig skill because of a bunch of scrubs and their online exploits?

# 3 zniv @ 01/24/13 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
So they're removing sig skills because people abuse the Euro Step?

That is ridiculous.

I play exclusively offline - does that mean MJ now will not have the acrobat sig skill because of a bunch of scrubs and their online exploits?
My guess is you'd still be able to use players with Acrobat by using older rosters where they are still assigned the Acrobat skill.

# 4 slowdifference @ 01/24/13 09:20 AM
If you play offline you can just put acrobat back on the player. This seems like an online only thing. Btw you can still euro step cheese it just not as effective as would be with acrobat

# 5 Steve_OS @ 01/24/13 09:46 AM
I've asked why it has been removed from players.

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/294455681015218176

Hopefully we'll get a response.

# 6 franzis @ 01/24/13 09:57 AM
Fine but acrobat is still present in Myteam if you have already equipped it, right?

# 7 Satomiblood @ 01/24/13 09:58 AM
That's pretty lame. I doubt it'll affect me since I play offline (Association) and I'm working off of an older roster update, but that could always change....

# 8 Blackhail92 @ 01/24/13 10:16 AM
can someone ask why melo hasnt received his old overall 92 rating back while kobe and KD have received TWO upgrades since the game came out. Also why is westbrooks mid range still an 88? or why Jamison is the same rating as Chandler?

P.S. please dont say ratings dont mater as long as they play like themselves in real life. because if this is true then why would kd and kobe receive 2 updates when they played like themselves before

# 9 MVP9072 @ 01/24/13 10:32 AM
Since i already started my career will the players that have it just get it automatically removed or will it stay?

# 10 TheBallZ @ 01/24/13 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Since i already started my career will the players that have it just get it automatically removed or will it stay?
Just checked for you and yes your player in "MyCareer" and the rest of the league retain their original signiture skills including acrobat.

# 11 qnzballa5 @ 01/24/13 10:54 AM
For offline gamers just go to edit players to bring back acrobat sig skills.

This is great for online gamers cuz every1 would euro glitch

# 12 PJBrownHeat @ 01/24/13 11:49 AM
can someone tell me if this video is a euro step please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=Vsnh3bYI-9c

# 13 Satomiblood @ 01/24/13 11:52 AM
I might create a back-up of some of the older roster updates in case it accidentally updates to 1-24-13 and later.

# 14 Vni @ 01/24/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat

^ Non, pas du tout

This:

# 15 TheBallZ @ 01/24/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat

No it's a eurostep outside of the paint resulting in an awkward one footed fade away with no shot timing indicator. Allegedly the game recognizes it as a lay-up attempt. That is a video of a floater.

May I ask why you're inquiring if that is a euro-step?

# 16 PJBrownHeat @ 01/24/13 12:12 PM
because cpu abuse of this moov in HOF when you lost the game and it is an unstoppable and unrealistic moovment too!!

i believed it was a floater called eurostep!!

Gary Payton and penny Hardaway are unstoppable in the game when they begin to do this floater!!

# 17 Frizzz24 @ 01/24/13 12:20 PM
Hopefully they'll add in Lindsey Hunter as the new Suns coach before the end of the year.

# 18 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/24/13 12:21 PM
Hey Steve you think it has anything to do with the tourney for the 100k?

# 19 JasonWilliams55 @ 01/24/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Hey Steve you think it has anything to do with the tourney for the 100k?
More than likely it is.

# 20 Taer @ 01/24/13 12:40 PM
Removal of the Acrobat signature skill for online use, while still enabling it for offline use is a great way of addressing the Eurostep abuse issue.

Thank you 2k for making adjustments that both online gamers and offline gamers can work with!

We in the gaming community need to give kudos to 2k when they deserve them, as well as the criticism.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.