Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Nice Kicks, one of the premier spots for sneaker info, met up with 2K Sports and mentioned on Twitter, something MAJOR is coming to NBA 2K14.

Since the tweet is coming from them, obviously shoes are getting some more love. What are you hoping to see? (Stay on topic of shoes, anything else will be deleted.)

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vni @ 01/29/13 06:41 PM
Shoes with jetpacks in it to fly over zones defense.

# 22 EHS_25 @ 01/29/13 06:49 PM
Maybe there will be no more generic shoes..

# 23 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/29/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Shoes with jetpacks in it to fly over zones defense.
What has Rudy Gay been wearing this whole time?

# 24 AntiBandwagoner @ 01/29/13 07:18 PM
The biggest fix to missing shoes in the game....

Add a shoe section to 2kshare.

# 25 JasonMartin @ 01/29/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
If Legends are gonna be in 2K14, I hope we get more than mostly Nikes. Don't get me wrong, Nike is my favorite company and Jordans are my favorite shoe, but I'd LOVE to see some Reebok Pumps to put on players like Dominique Wilkins, Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, etc. just like they wore back in the 90s.

Make it happen, 2K.
and this

# 26 JasonMartin @ 01/29/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
the "edit player" shoe edit options were removed

Are you talking about 2K13? What exactly did they change? First time I read/hear this.

# 27 VDusen04 @ 01/29/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Are you talking about 2K13? What exactly did they change? First time I read/hear this.
You can still change a player's shoes, you just no longer have the ability within the edit player screen to customize home and away colors to your choosing. As such, one must create a custom pair in the Create-A-Shoe screen and correctly apply the mystery colors that serve as place holder representatives for "Team Color 1 home/Team Color 2 road".

# 28 zimmtron @ 01/29/13 08:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't they only put a brand name shoe on a player if they currently have a shoe deal with them? (Or did) an example is that Allen iverson signed a lifetime endorsement deal with reebok, so his character wears reebok in the game. I'm just talking about 2k rosters

# 29 kinjaweed @ 01/29/13 08:36 PM
can we get a patch so we are capable of blocking dunks....y cnt u guys just get it rite its always something..i know noones perfect but damn u had blockind dunks right last year.....,could time them perfectly but y try to fix block =ing when it was not broke in nba 2k12 hopefully u understand get the defense right where u can body up in the paint again..it shud not be that easy to stnding dunk,nor regular dunk...comon guys your lucky live doesnt come out with games ne mor...also fix teamup where u can substitute hu u want in the game plz..... u guys added great things this year..but plz fix those majorissues....ex. blocking and body up dunks pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thnx...2k13 is still the greatest out there..nd u guys do a hell of a job ...but plz fix that..this year with a patch or something of that nature

# 30 kinjaweed @ 01/29/13 08:38 PM
BLOCK DUNKS YOU GUYS HAVE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THAT >>>>>>>>>FIX IT PLLZZ

# 31 zimmtron @ 01/29/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjaweed
can we get a patch so we are capable of blocking dunks....y cnt u guys just get it rite its always something..i know noones perfect but damn u had blockind dunks right last year.....,could time them perfectly but y try to fix block =ing when it was not broke in nba 2k12 hopefully u understand get the defense right where u can body up in the paint again..it shud not be that easy to stnding dunk,nor regular dunk...comon guys your lucky live doesnt come out with games ne mor...also fix teamup where u can substitute hu u want in the game plz..... u guys added great things this year..but plz fix those majorissues....ex. blocking and body up dunks pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thnx...2k13 is still the greatest out there..nd u guys do a hell of a job ...but plz fix that..this year with a patch or something of that nature
can't tell if trolling or stupid as hell

# 32 Phreezy P @ 01/29/13 08:45 PM
Shoe heads are gonna be hype!

# 33 LD2k @ 01/29/13 08:52 PM
Quote:
can we get a patch so we are capable of blocking dunks....y cnt u guys just get it rite its always something..i know noones perfect but damn u had blockind dunks right last year.....,could time them perfectly but y try to fix block =ing when it was not broke in nba 2k12 hopefully u understand get the defense right where u can body up in the paint again..it shud not be that easy to stnding dunk,nor regular dunk...comon guys your lucky live doesnt come out with games ne mor...

To answer what I think your question is, yes, the team is aware of blocking feedback in regards to dunks.

# 34 Angel_G @ 01/29/13 09:17 PM
I hope they do new player gear and shoes every roster update and allow players to wear Jordan and Nike (ex: J.R. Smith, Rondo, Odom, etc) since they are the same brand and Converse is owned by Nike too (ex: Elton Brand, Korver, Hinrich, Lou Williams, etc all wear Nikes now).

# 35 KillerHog471 @ 01/29/13 09:26 PM
Quote:
your lucky live doesnt come out with games ne mor
I pokerfaced until the "ne mor" part then I laughed so hard. Its just like whenever I go on facebook and I see people say "yhu" is instead of you. It is more effort to type "yhu"or "ne mor" than to type the actual word. And nice username.

Back on topic. What is the scope of this team-up? I see people talking about shoe endorsements and some people are talking about the home/away option for edit player and I'm confused. I really think its sub-par PR for a professional company to limit a huge announcement to 140 characters.

# 36 VDusen04 @ 01/29/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't they only put a brand name shoe on a player if they currently have a shoe deal with them? (Or did) an example is that Allen iverson signed a lifetime endorsement deal with reebok, so his character wears reebok in the game. I'm just talking about 2k rosters
That's always been my understanding. I think that's why some form of generics may always have to exist. Further, I'm betting this is why the Dream Team and other classic teams cannot have actual name brand shoes applied to them by default.

# 37 Trilluminary @ 01/30/13 12:24 AM
nice kicks is one of the least hypebeast-ish sneaker blogs so hopefully it wont b overkill. But one of the first posters nailed it with the live shoe update/home away options/ and Better editor being the easy answers. I would love for the shoes to get a visual upgrade but it may be a hardware limitation issue at this point so no point gripping on that.

but i would like 2k to bring the my crib concept back to handle the shoe hub. it was such an untapped avenue. I think we can all admit the menus have had a far fall from the graces of the classic blue roundabout menu in NBA 2k. Even live had a version of crib it with 03 (i think) the nba store

I also can't be mad at 2k for the lies Adidas fed us about those rev30 retro uni's smh. i can not WAIT until this adidas contract is up with the NBA they are the worst at basketball sneakers and apparel.

but i digress. give us elite socks. it's a video game come on, you used to give use raiden hats and fanny packs 2k. where's the luv?

# 38 DubTrey1 @ 01/30/13 01:27 AM
I hope they elaborate on the shoes themselves and add addtional controls back into the hands of the gamers. I would like to see the colorways tied to a team, rather than the player. Meaning, I would love to set the red, white and black for the team for any shoe for say base color way. Then be able to set alternate, as well as home and away for all. Either that, or have the shoes become higher res and look more in tuned to what we see in real life rather than so many shoes with off hue colors and improper colorway combinations that take away from the shoe.

# 39 DirtyNeedles @ 01/30/13 03:09 AM
I'm 100% sure this will have to do with NICEKICKS kicks on court photo weekly blog. The next NBA 2K better not have generics if they work with these people. Forget create your own shoe, just have every shoe ever made and their own true colorways. Updated weekly

# 40 Norbert0513 @ 01/30/13 08:12 AM
I'd like to see a few things happen sneaker wise in 2K14:
1. I'd love it if my MyCareer player wasn't locked in to his sneaker endorsement FOREVER! You should have the option to change...maybe every time you sign a new contract/extension.

2. More sneakers from more brands. More and more players are moving away from the big sneaker conpanies to more less known ones like Peak and Li-Ning. These guys should be included too and your MyCareer player shoul have the option of signing with them.

3. Like someone mentioned earlier, sneaker updates that drop via DLC should automatically be equipped on the correct person..IN ALL GAME MODES! If the new KD5's drop, I expect to see them on KD!

4. Get rid of those generic kicks! Hate those...shouldn't be that difficult to match each player with their corresponding endorser.

5. Should be able to edit sneaks and gear of teammates as well as others in MyCareer mode ( AND choose uniforms in MyCareer mode while we're at it!)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.