Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted a new MLB 13 The Show blog detailing the hitting enhancements in the game. They also discuss the new Push/Pull hitting Trajectories Engine, 16 batting views and you can also customize your own.

Source - Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed (PlayStation.Blog)

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Arod2k9 @ 01/30/13 09:24 PM
I love everything about this years game, I just can't wait. All these new player models, new stances, new lighting, updated stadiums, ball physics, presentation. I loving the crap of reading everyone's impressions of blogs and post.

# 62 Heroesandvillains @ 01/30/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am strictly a zone batting player.

I am not here to scare anyone, these were my observations with the system on my end. As I said it made sense and felt natural when the CPU was up at bat. When I was up at bat I felt a little disconnect with it. I much rather it be this way as opposed to the system putting me on rails and force the hits based on how they hit IRL. Anyway there were other guys playing and I am sure they have their observations too.
I spent about four days out in front of pitches. Don't ask me! LOL!

Honestly Nemesis, I think you and I struggled probably the most at CD being consistently early; meaning we were pulling a lot of balls because we were supposed to.

Kirby told me that I would start to see all kind of hits once I got the hang of waiting back and settling myself down.

Suprisingly, not one mention in here of the estimated 0.40 BA increase on All-Star this year. That puts me at...

Hang on, gotta grab the old calculator...

.310! Whoa!

May have to take Chris' recommendation and give HOF a shake! Though, I'd imagine that estimate probably is more severe for those that really had a hard time catching up to pitches, and probably less so for those that could read pitches and still managed to suck (which is more like me, by the way).

# 63 Bobhead @ 01/30/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I spent about four days out in front of pitches. Don't ask me! LOL!

Honestly Nemesis, I think you and I struggled probably the most at CD being consistently early; meaning we were pulling a lot of balls because we were supposed to.

Kirby told me that I would start to see all kind of hits once I got the hang of waiting back and settling myself down.

Suprisingly, not one mention in here of the estimated 0.40 BA increase on All-Star this year. That puts me at...

Hang on, gotta grab the old calculator...

.310! Whoa!

May have to take Chris' recommendation and give HOF a shake! Though, I'd imagine that estimate probably is more severe for those that really had a hard time catching up to pitches, and probably less so for those that could read pitches and still managed to suck (which is more like me, by the way).
I've been dying to comment on this... but there's just not anything for me to say. I'm batting .250 in my franchise right now, but that's not on default sliders, thus I don't think it's fair to say, nor is it likely, that I'd be batting .290 in '13.

All I can really say is that I'm confident SCEA knows what they are doing, and that they didn't artificially inject PEDs into The Show. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the .40 is an overstatement, poor estimate, or simply a very broad generalization... because I just don't see it applying to veterans who had already adapted to their difficulty level.

# 64 Heroesandvillains @ 01/30/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I've been dying to comment on this... but there's just not anything for me to say. I'm batting .250 in my franchise right now, but that's not on default sliders, thus I don't think it's fair to say, nor is it likely, that I'd be batting .290 in '13.

All I can really say is that I'm confident SCEA knows what they are doing, and that they didn't artificially inject PEDs into The Show. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the .40 is an overstatement, poor estimate, or simply a very broad generalization... because I just don't see it applying to veterans who had already adapted to their difficulty level.
I tend to agree with this, to an extent. I've yet to write my hitting impressions post - in there I'll mention a game where I was 5 hit by Aroldis Chapman through 8 innings on a Default AS game - but otherwise, I have a feeling some OS members will either be raising difficulty this year (which is not necessarily a bad thing), or (the bad thing) have the dreded "caught between difficulty level" happen to them.

On the other end of this, however, a lot of you (if not most of you) will be thrilled.

I'll go into more detail when I have time.

# 65 Jaybirdy24 @ 01/30/13 10:38 PM
I heard ramone say you'll see more 13-9 and high scoring games. I hope youll still get pitching duels and balanced games a lot too. I like the idea of having more high scoring games, cuz there are a lot in real life, but only if you still have pitching duels and most games should be balanced (5-3) (6-4)

# 66 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/30/13 10:49 PM
This is painful!!!! I want this game yesterday
...great job Ramone

# 67 nemesis04 @ 01/30/13 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy24
I heard ramone say you'll see more 13-9 and high scoring games. I hope youll still get pitching duels and balanced games a lot too. I like the idea of having more high scoring games, cuz there are a lot in real life, but only if you still have pitching duels and most games should be balanced (5-3) (6-4)
There was actually a good mix of high scoring games, pitching duels, extra innings etc.

# 68 enright6 @ 01/30/13 10:53 PM
everything looks very nice...only problem i had is when they showed adam dunn....us cellular field is still messed up. The wall behind the left field bleechers is still a plain gray wall like the textures were never added. It should be green and gray with brick pillars. the right field wall is right...left field is still wrong.

# 69 Bamafan3723 @ 01/31/13 12:30 AM
The outfield wall at Turner Field still looks bad. The wrong shade of blue and the wall looks like certain sections are jutting out, instead of being seamless.

# 70 Chaos81 @ 01/31/13 01:45 AM
I've gotta say, I'm really looking forward to beginner mode. Not a beginner by any means, but I did I struggle at hitting in 12, hopefully the new mode, plus the changes to the timing window will help me improve this year.

# 71 LastActionHero @ 01/31/13 02:40 AM
I really like beginner mode as well. Not that I need it but it could win over some friends of mine that thought it was too hard before.

On another note I'm a lighting guy, can any of the CD guys say if there were any changes made in that department?

Great blog!

Thanks.

# 72 nomo17k @ 01/31/13 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
Do we know how much the "wind" effect has been turned down? I was disappointed to read that wind will not effect how far a ball travels as it has in the past. I did not find there was much of an issue. I play most of my home games at Wrigley Field and as we all know the wind effects how the park plays dramatically, it is either a pitchers park or a hitters park. If the wind has been turned down dramatically it is really going to hurt the authenticity and quality of play unless a ballpark specific wind effect has been added for Wrigley. As someone whose been living and breathing "The Show 2013" this one could really hurt my franchise and I plan on playing every game of 2-3 seasons.
I think you'll be fine... if anything the wind effect probably was a bit more pronounced than in real life in the past (I checked the number of HRs against wind direction in MLB 12... it probably was a bit too strong). If you want a stronger effect, there is a slider for it....

# 73 Behindshadows @ 01/31/13 05:14 AM
What's up with the fake stadiums...Big C letter at Wrigley Field, last season Red Sox had the name Red Sox in bold letters center left field...

Why can't they just get them authentic and stop posting stuff that isn't really there...

# 74 Unit303 @ 01/31/13 06:08 AM
Okay, some dude definitely worked on the grass this year. That Braun shot shows much much improved look to the grass imo. Am I imagining this because I don't think so?

Does nobody else care about this lol? That looks about as good as it can be on the PS3 without devoting the game to grass and lawnmowers. That is an idea if anybody is listening

# 75 PsychoBulk @ 01/31/13 06:14 AM
Just caught this on watching it again.

Marlins Park - i thought the colours had been fixed?

From the vid...

In reality...

Im hoping one of you CD guys or Ramone is going to chime in and say "old build, its been fixed, calm down PB"

# 76 Unit303 @ 01/31/13 06:15 AM
Hmm, yeah that one should be an easy peasy fix and I hope it is in for you Miami fans as that disparity is pretty large haha.

# 77 Number2DJ @ 01/31/13 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmie
I am REALLY concerned this game will be too offensive. It seems when fans complain about any aspect of a game, developers go far the other way because balance is too hard to achieve. Baseball is a game of failure, fail 7 outta 10 times you are a hall of famer.

Thats why i love baseball and The Show, the challenge makes the game feel authentic. I really hope these new wider timing windows dont ruin the difficulty of hitting a baseball. The hitting needed tweaked, not made easy.
I really doubt '13 will be too offensive, and if it is, there are plenty of sliders to adjust.

# 78 merchant1874 @ 01/31/13 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Just caught this on watching it again.

Marlins Park - i thought the colours had been fixed?

From the vid...

In reality...

Im hoping one of you CD guys or Ramone is going to chime in and say "old build, its been fixed, calm down PB"

I'm sure on another video it appeared fixed. However I don't think it was quite as neon as that.

Maybe it's my TV but I feel colours in general need to be amped/ brightened up a bit.

Even the dirt looks way too dark.

# 79 MrOldboy @ 01/31/13 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
The outfield wall at Turner Field still looks bad. The wrong shade of blue and the wall looks like certain sections are jutting out, instead of being seamless.
edit: sorry slab was referring to behind home plate. Not sure if that did get fixed now. I agree that the color is definitely off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
What's up with the fake stadiums...Big C letter at Wrigley Field, last season Red Sox had the name Red Sox in bold letters center left field...

Why can't they just get them authentic and stop posting stuff that isn't really there...
I actually just noticed that. Is that confirmed to be in the final game and if so is it planned to be added at Wrigley. I don't recall hearing about that. Also noticed that the scoreboard letter/numbers are still yellow and not white.

# 80 merchant1874 @ 01/31/13 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
edit: sorry slab was referring to behind home plate. Not sure if that did get fixed now. I agree that the color is definitely off.

I actually just noticed that. Is that confirmed to be in the final game and if so is it planned to be added at Wrigley. I don't recall hearing about that. Also noticed that the scoreboard letter/numbers are still yellow and not white.
It's actually a big Toyota sign in real life. I actually like what SCEA has done here it is pretty good and much better than another THE SHOW sign.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.