Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted a new MLB 13 The Show blog detailing the hitting enhancements in the game. They also discuss the new Push/Pull hitting Trajectories Engine, 16 batting views and you can also customize your own.

Source - Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed (PlayStation.Blog)

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PsychoBulk @ 01/31/13 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I'm sure on another video it appeared fixed.
Yeah im pretty certain someone mentioned somewhere it was fixed, just thought i would bring it up to ask the question, so to speak.

# 82 MrOldboy @ 01/31/13 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
It's actually a big Toyota sign in real life. I actually like what SCEA has done here it is pretty good and much better than another THE SHOW sign.
I guess, but purists might say, but stick something "red" out there at least. Since there is actually some geometry out there in real life I'm fine with putting that in.

I never really notice the toyota sign out there though to be honest as the lines of it are sort of thin.

For those curious

Spoiler

# 83 thaSLAB @ 01/31/13 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Yeah im pretty certain someone mentioned somewhere it was fixed, just thought i would bring it up to ask the question, so to speak.
"old build, its been fixed, calm down PB"

-- Sent from the Future...

# 84 Ghoste @ 01/31/13 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I really hope the push pull system pans, out it could really give each player a different feel when batting and pitching.

Opinions on any of the new stances shown? That's always the first thing I look at with these videos that get released even if the builds might be old and the stances could have been updated, i.e. Kemp in a previous video.

Glad Longoria got a fixed stance, looks alright. Ortiz's stance looks, odd, I get what they were going for though. Glad they made Braun's stance more closed.

I really hope when the next console is upon us the batters in the game wont all grip the bat the same, so tightly and sometimes overly-rotated around the bad. I think it could change a lot about how the batters look in the game, even it was only like 3 options. Loose, normal, tight for batting grip it could make all the difference.
Cargo's stance looks great!

-ghoste

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

# 85 JayD @ 01/31/13 01:32 PM
The issue with Turner Fields outfield wall has to do with the lighting. If you noticed last year you'll see the discolored walls during afternoon games but once night falls the outfield wall looks okay but then the home of the atlanta braves sign behind home plate would be missing letters. Basically Turner Field was a mess last year and I heard the issue with the letters behind home plate has been fixed but I am not 100% positive with he lighting of the outfield walls, hopefully it has been noticed and fixed.

# 86 tnixen @ 01/31/13 02:52 PM
First just want to make it very clear I am not complaining at all here

I just want to point out 2 quick things about Fenway and Wrigley Field that hopfully will be fixed.

There should not be a Zero lit up in the error box on the Fenway Park scoreboard. It should just be blank when there are no errors. Also on the Wrigley Field scoreboard in center field the letters for Batter, Balls, Strikles and outs should be White not Yellow.

That's all I wanted to say and have a great day!

# 87 Russell_SCEA @ 01/31/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
First just just want to make it very clear I am not complaining at all here

I just want to point out 2 quick things about Fenway and Wrigley Field that hopfully will be fixed.

There should not be a Zero lit up in the error box on the Fenway Park scoreboard. It should just be blank when there are no errors. Also on the Wrigley Field scoreboard in center field the letters for Batter, Balls, Strikles and outs should be White not Yellow.

That's all I wanted to say and have a great day!
Games completely done code freeze.

# 88 sink4ever @ 01/31/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Admit it, that felt good to say.

# 89 bp4baseball @ 01/31/13 03:34 PM
Quote:
It's already frozen! Quick get a bug thread going

# 90 Berserker2020 @ 01/31/13 06:36 PM
Do we get to put the war paint on anybody or is it locked to Bryce Harper only?

# 91 mfreder2 @ 01/31/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Also worth mentioning due to a lack of time there currently is no AI for fielders to automatically adjust defensively based on the specific type of hitter. You can manually make the adjustments for yourself against the CPU but do not expect the CPU to adjust against you. The only one that is hard coded is the extreme shift for certain batters.
That's a little disappointing. I was looking forward to that. Even so it's a great step in the right direction. A lot of teams are starting to really utilize that info and shift accordingly.

# 92 Knight165 @ 01/31/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker2020
Do we get to put the war paint on anybody or is it locked to Bryce Harper only?
It's in the editor to be assigned to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreder2
That's a little disappointing. I was looking forward to that. Even so it's a great step in the right direction. A lot of teams are starting to really utilize that info and shift accordingly.
Yeah....we all thought the same thing.
Hopefully they integrate it more in the future.

M.K.
Knight165

# 93 rudyjuly2 @ 01/31/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Has the demo been completed?

# 94 MrOldboy @ 01/31/13 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I wasn't aware there would be a demo.

# 95 Baseballking888 @ 01/31/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I wasn't aware there would be a demo.
I wouldn't get my hopes too high for a demo.

# 96 bcruise @ 01/31/13 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Nice loaded question.

# 97 nemesis04 @ 01/31/13 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nice loaded question.
He did sneak that in nonchalantly, lol.

# 98 llcmac @ 01/31/13 08:29 PM
Playing baseball games for the past 20 years...last year I was at a loss for hitting.

No matter what I tweaked, I could not hit, even when getting a good swing and great contact.

I am so happy to see the enhancements they have made. I'll be a happy camper this year.

# 99 rudyjuly2 @ 02/01/13 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcmac
Playing baseball games for the past 20 years...last year I was at a loss for hitting.

No matter what I tweaked, I could not hit, even when getting a good swing and great contact.

I am so happy to see the enhancements they have made. I'll be a happy camper this year.
Last year on all star I started out 11-25 and was batting .205. And the 36th game I had moved down to rookie just to score more runs and not feel so miserable which actually padded those stats. I quickly moved back up to veteran before eventually going back to all-star with hitting sliders juiced for me. The biggest reason hitting was easier on the lower levels was because the CPU just pounded the strike zone even with strike frequency at 0. It wasn't fun scoring runs that way either. The stat also shows only 73 RBI in 36 games. Hitting and getting walks were very hard last year IMO.

Going down levels and coming back up helped my sanity and my stats. Juicing the sliders a LOT on all-star ended up working because I did rebound and score reasonable amounts of runs. I should add that while I was the Giants I had traded Matt Cain for Hanley Ramirez at the start of the year. I had also traded Aubrey Huff for Jason Bay. My offence should not have been weak.

# 100 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/01/13 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Over/under on questions and threads about a demo this year? What do you guys think? Was out of control last year.
Does this count as one?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.