Home
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line News Post

As NASCAR prepares to debut its new line of stock cars for the 2013 season, Eutechnyx and Activision today announced new downloadable content (DLC) that gives players the opportunity to drive the Gen 6 cars in NASCAR The Game: Inside Line (view all the screenshots here). The NASCAR Gen 6 cars bring the brand new Chevrolet SS, Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry models into the game for the first time. The Sixth Generation NASCAR Sprint Cup Series models break new ground as they now accurately resemble each manufacturer’s showroom models like never before – and they’ll hit home game consoles just as they hit the asphalt.

The NASCAR Gen 6 cars further Eutechnyx and Activision’s shared commitment to continue to deliver an unparalleled NASCAR experience. Players will be able to put these new cars through their paces online and in selected single player modes, as well as with the upcoming Inside Line Highlights (sold separately), a series of in-game DLC packs that utilize telemetry data from actual NASCAR races to let players relive and rewrite race events just as they unfold for real.

The NASCAR Gen 6 cars will be available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later in February and can be purchased using the in-game Ticket currency or as part of the Inside Line Highlights Pack.

Game: NASCAR The Game: Inside LineReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lieutenant Dan @ 01/31/13 09:46 AM
Damn...bummer about not being able to use the Gen 6 for season or career. Career I could sort of understand, but not season mode?

Thank you for the info and pics, Bob.

# 2 TCrouch @ 01/31/13 12:45 PM
Their decisions in this game are baffling to me. That's all I'll say.

# 3 bluengold34_OS @ 01/31/13 01:16 PM
Yeah - I am really perplexed at the decision not to allow these cars in season or career mode. If they are not releasing a game for the upcoming season, then who thought it would be a good idea to only allow the Gen 6 cars to be used in only a few selected single player game modes and online only.

I sincerely hope they make the wise and correct decision to make them available in all modes, including season and career. If the do not, probably not even worth a purchase...from my point of view at least.

# 4 edwing @ 01/31/13 01:23 PM
Damn, this game just gets more and more disappointing (PS3 patch?). I was having a lot of fun online when it worked, but now I'm probably going to trade it in while it still holds some value.

# 5 bluengold34_OS @ 01/31/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Damn, this game just gets more and more disappointing (PS3 patch?). I was having a lot of fun online when it worked, but now I'm probably going to trade it in while it still holds some value.
I am going to try and find out if this is accurate or not, or if they are willing to change the fact and let us use the Gen 6 in season/career mode. I might take me until tomorrow though -

# 6 Lieutenant Dan @ 01/31/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I am going to try and find out if this is accurate or not, or if they are willing to change the fact and let us use the Gen 6 in season/career mode. I might take me until tomorrow though -
My hope is that there will be a patch/download in a couple of months for a '2013 Season' featuring the Gen 6 roster, like they did for the previous game.

I do not see Career mode happening for Gen 6 but that would be sweet if you could.

# 7 bluengold34_OS @ 01/31/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
My hope is that there will be a patch/download in a couple of months for a '2013 Season' featuring the Gen 6 roster, like they did for the previous game.

I do not see Career mode happening for Gen 6 but that would be sweet if you could.
I just sent an email over to Dave, but seeing that they are 5 hours ahead - may not get an answer until tomorrow.

# 8 bigdoc85 @ 02/01/13 05:04 AM
I like the new game, but as a day 1 purchaser of NASCAR 2011 and having suffered through the promises and the patch that took a lifetime to release, it just seems these guys are a bit over their head when it comes to supporting a game at the level that should be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Their decisions in this game are baffling to me. That's all I'll say.

# 9 brandon27 @ 02/01/13 07:56 AM
Quote:
Yeah - I am really perplexed at the decision not to allow these cars in season or career mode. If they are not releasing a game for the upcoming season, then who thought it would be a good idea to only allow the Gen 6 cars to be used in only a few selected single player game modes and online only.

I sincerely hope they make the wise and correct decision to make them available in all modes, including season and career. If the do not, probably not even worth a purchase...from my point of view at least.
Exactly. Almost makes the DLC worthless if you can't use it in career, or at least season mode. It's rare that I fire up this game and just play a single race somewhere. Im almost always in career, or season.

Really can't understand what they are thinking over there.

# 10 bluengold34_OS @ 02/01/13 10:17 AM
OK - Dave got back to me, and said this -

"the Gen 6 Paint Scheme update was always meant to be just that and not a season update like we did in 2011. In NTG2011, the game was released with 2010 cars so it seemed fair to update the whole game. The Career mode was also just 1 season which meant having to restart your career because of the new tracks and an updated driver roster meant the penalty was less. With NTG:IL the Career mode is endless so we didn’t want to force people to have to lose their progress"

So they will not be available for season or career. They at least let everyone know this upfront, and not after you bought it. Like it or not, agree with it or not - bottom-line you know what your getting if you decide to purchase the DLC with real money or digital tickets in-game.

# 11 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/01/13 10:23 AM
Quote:

So they will not be available for season or career. They at least let everyone know this upfront, and not after you bought it. Like it or not, agree with it or not - bottom-line you know what your getting if you decide to purchase the DLC with real money or digital tickets in-game.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up, Bob.

# 12 bluengold34_OS @ 02/01/13 10:37 AM
Happy to do it. Dave is always around to answer questions and is a pretty straight shooter. There is more to it, but we will not get into that here.

# 13 EJQJ99 @ 02/01/13 12:00 PM
Ok so career mode makes sense because of the endlessness of it but not being able to use them in season is still just strange because that does end. Another question will we able to paint booth gen 6 cars?

# 14 bluengold34_OS @ 02/01/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
Ok so career mode makes sense because of the endlessness of it but not being able to use them in season is still just strange because that does end. Another question will we able to paint booth gen 6 cars?
I will clue you in tonight on Xbox live good Sir!

# 15 UMiami @ 02/01/13 01:16 PM
Completely idiotic excuse. Maybe people will buy after the Daytona 500 and begin their careers then... I haven't started a career yet because I was waiting on the DLC. I can't believe they're using the excuse they didn't want people to have to restart their career.

That is a lazy excuse... even more so to not allow the cars in a season more.

MAN LAZY!!!!!!!! So I get to use last years paint schemes, last years cars... I can buy THIS years paint schemes and cars... but I can't use them.

Whatever game director or project manager that made this decision needs to get fired. Idiots

# 16 EJQJ99 @ 02/01/13 01:22 PM
Roger dodger

# 17 Cubfan @ 02/02/13 12:22 AM
It seems the reason we can't use the new cars in season or career mode is because of memory issues?! I guess you can get the new cars for quick races for $1?

# 18 bluengold34_OS @ 02/04/13 11:50 AM
Well - this is interesting now.

# 19 EJQJ99 @ 02/04/13 12:09 PM
What that mean?

# 20 EJQJ99 @ 02/04/13 12:09 PM
Sorry what DOES that mean

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.