Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will offer 5 different difficulty levels. Amateur, Pro, TOUR Pro, Tournament and for the hardcore players a new 5th difficulty level, Simulation. Read all about it in the latest Developer blog.

Which level will you be playing on?

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 02/01/13 05:32 PM
Noticed that Keegan has his Tommy Hilfiger clothing on. Does this mean that EA has a license to put their clothing in game?!

# 2 lnin0 @ 02/01/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Noticed that Keegan has his Tommy Hilfiger clothing on. Does this mean that EA has a license to put their clothing in game?!
Just sad. The first glimmer of hope for sim fans breaks on the first post comments about what brand pants the dude is wearing. No wonder the industry could care less about game play anymore.

# 3 stormjr @ 02/01/13 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Just sad. The first glimmer of hope for sim fans breaks on the first post comments about what brand pants the dude is wearing. No wonder the industry could care less about game play anymore.
I get what you're saying, but wouldn't simulating the actual clothing and sponsorships of the pros be part of the SIM aspect?

# 4 mountaindew77 @ 02/01/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
The small details add to the immersion too...

# 5 Matt10 @ 02/02/13 02:21 AM
Let's not throw off this thread with a useless debate. This is a CELEBRATION, my friends. Simulation golf is finally back. No more house rules - no more worrying about if someone is cheating, etc. This is how we bring our HARDCORE community together.

I'm a stickler for swing style - and that looks nothing like Keegan Bradley's swing:

So - that aspect might ruin it for me just a tiny tad - but the simulation aspect is very exciting - and I cannot wait for frickin end of March to get this. I still have 13 and that will be trade in bait.

# 6 kingsofthevalley @ 02/02/13 07:57 AM
Everyone else gets thrown a bone except for the Madden/NCAA fans huh? 2k basketball fans get the high quality presentation with sim style play, FIFA gets great player movement which can translate into great sim style play, Tiger Woods now gets simulation difficulty, damn. I wish I liked sports games besides football, I'd be perfectly content. Is what it is though I suppose.

# 7 stormjr @ 02/02/13 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
No. Just, no.

Um, yes. Just yes.

How would you feel playing as Tiger Woods on a Sunday in the Masters and not wearing typical Sunday Nike Red? Wouldn't be sim. Would ruin the immersion.

Sim is not defined as just gameplay. Because if it was, we'd be playing Madden/NCAA/NHL/FIFA with generic jerseys. PGA Golfer sponsorships/clothing = Team Sport Jerseys.

# 8 Matt10 @ 02/02/13 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
Um, yes. Just yes.

How would you feel playing as Tiger Woods on a Sunday in the Masters and not wearing typical Sunday Nike Red? Wouldn't be sim. Would ruin the immersion.

Sim is not defined as just gameplay. Because if it was, we'd be playing Madden/NCAA/NHL/FIFA with generic jerseys. PGA Golfer sponsorships/clothing = Team Sport Jerseys.
That is all well and good - but this thread is about Simulation difficulty - not presentation.

Plus, EA need to focus on one thing at at time - I need good gameplay (in all their games) first before anything else.

# 9 DivotMaker @ 02/02/13 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

I'm a stickler for swing style - and that looks nothing like Keegan Bradley's swing:

So - that aspect might ruin it for me just a tiny tad - but the simulation aspect is very exciting - and I cannot wait for frickin end of March to get this. I still have 13 and that will be trade in bait.
You are not going to see too many of the individual golfer's actual swings until we get new consoles with more video ram. EA is coming up against a number of video ram-related issues with the current consoles. If they had more than 512 MB of VRAM, the game, golfers, environment would be far more realistic.

# 10 SinisterAlex @ 02/02/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
What the heck is your problem? I care for sim golf too, but as soon as I saw Keegan with this Tommy Hilfiger clothing on, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Just because I looked at clothing, doesn't mean I could "could care less about game play anymore"

# 11 stormjr @ 02/02/13 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That is all well and good - but this thread is about Simulation difficulty - not presentation.

Plus, EA need to focus on one thing at at time - I need good gameplay (in all their games) first before anything else.
I agree. I'm not complaining about it. My posts are in reference to lnin0's post right away basically ripping Alex for commenting on it. No need for that. All of it is part of simulation. Simulation gameplay is the start.

# 12 Matt10 @ 02/02/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You are not going to see too many of the individual golfer's actual swings until we get new consoles with more video ram. EA is coming up against a number of video ram-related issues with the current consoles. If they had more than 512 MB of VRAM, the game, golfers, environment would be far more realistic.
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. It's not a big deal - but would be nice someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
I agree. I'm not complaining about it. My posts are in reference to lnin0's post right away basically ripping Alex for commenting on it. No need for that. All of it is part of simulation. Simulation gameplay is the start.
Ah I gotcha. No worries at all - I am definitely a supporter of simulation presentation too though - like more stats, interactive commentary - etc. But I'm glad you agree - gameplay is numero uno!

# 13 itsmb8 @ 02/02/13 09:24 PM
WOHHOOOOO!!!! Now, any word on AI scoring? TW14 could be the true simulation golf game we have all been waiting for!

# 14 ILiveForThis @ 02/02/13 10:05 PM
This sounds amazing. Can't wait for March!!

# 15 DivotMaker @ 02/03/13 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
WOHHOOOOO!!!! Now, any word on AI scoring? TW14 could be the true simulation golf game we have all been waiting for!
My understanding from the Sr. Producer for TW14 is the AI has been tweaked to be more realistic and the Random conditions have been tweaked to be more realistic to the conditions that the course should experience for the time of year being played.....

# 16 OnlookerDelay @ 02/03/13 06:59 AM
I'm really excited about this new Simulation difficulty setting. I'd love to have a console golf game that made me feel like I'd accomplished something to break par, miss at least 40% of the fairways and greens, and have to do some extra work to shape a shot. This might be it! I'm still not a gridless green convert, but I'm on a journey to become one.

I need a few more tools and angles to make it work to the extent that I don't feel like I'm missing putts because there are voids in the slope information that I would have in real life. Then again, I don't want to have to plod along like a civil surveyor to assess the slope. No-bead grids might turn out to be a workable compromise, but then I won't be playing pure Simulation difficulty.

# 17 kickingguru @ 02/04/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm really excited about this new Simulation difficulty setting. I'd love to have a console golf game that made me feel like I'd accomplished something to break par, miss at least 40% of the fairways and greens, and have to do some extra work to shape a shot. This might be it! I'm still not a gridless green convert, but I'm on a journey to become one.

I need a few more tools and angles to make it work to the extent that I don't feel like I'm missing putts because there are voids in the slope information that I would have in real life. Then again, I don't want to have to plod along like a civil surveyor to assess the slope. No-bead grids might turn out to be a workable compromise, but then I won't be playing pure Simulation difficulty.
Handsward actually commented on the No green Grid issue.... He said there will be some tool to help read the break around the holes... If it works, we may have a winner.... I liked no green grid on long putts, but then you would miss the 2 footer after the spectacular lag putt...

# 18 DocHolliday @ 02/04/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker

Sounds like a Cop-Out. NBA2k13 has mass amounts of custom animations in the game for hundreds of payers, and your telling me that EA cant get, what, 30 individual golf swings in the game?

Thats ridiculous.

# 19 cj24 @ 02/04/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Handsward actually commented on the No green Grid issue.... He said there will be some tool to help read the break around the holes... If it works, we may have a winner.... I liked no green grid on long putts, but then you would miss the 2 footer after the spectacular lag putt...
I've been playing without a green grid since tiger 11 and didn't feel there were any issues reading the greens last year. '11 was bad because of the limited camera angles but they've gotten better. Last year, '13, could have used the ability to zoom in down the line to look at putts more closely, but generally speaking I didn't much issue reading the contours of the green.

I took more issue with some of the pin placements than anything, really.

# 20 kickingguru @ 02/04/13 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj24
I've been playing without a green grid since tiger 11 and didn't feel there were any issues reading the greens last year. '11 was bad because of the limited camera angles but they've gotten better. Last year, '13, could have used the ability to zoom in down the line to look at putts more closely, but generally speaking I didn't much issue reading the contours of the green.

I took more issue with some of the pin placements than anything, really.
For me.... it was a patience thing... I did not want to spend 30 secs getting on the green and 3 min... trying to read putts... I could do it, but man did it take the fun out of it.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.