Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show features seven more minor league ballparks. In the latest Developer blog, The Show Nation details three of them. Environment Artists Kevin Weinstein, Franz Borowitz and Sito Francisco each talk about what inspired their creations.

Bayfront Park - Field Dimensions: Right & Left Field Lines 330ft, Right & Left Center Field 390ft, Center Field 403ft

The background idea for Bayfront Park comes from viewing the Santa Monica Pier, which features a Ferris Wheel displaying a fantastic light show as it rotates around. Kevin decided to incorporate the west coast look of the Santa Monica Pier, blended with a Coney Island style for the unique background you see beyond the right field wall.

Crystal Falls Stadium - Field Dimensions: Left Field 345ft, Center Field 420ft, Right Center Field 365ft, Right Field 330ft

Franz initially got the inspiration to create Crystal Falls from an Art Deco stadium in Florida. The arches in the stadium reminded him of the old Spanish style Missions in California where he grew up. Franz thought the surrounding landscape of the stadium should represent the spirit of baseball when it first began, taking place in a small town setting out in the country for people to enjoy the game in a simpler time of life. You can see a train in the background that brings in people from all over the county to enjoy a day out in the sun watching their favorite hometown team.

Stateman Park - Field Dimensions: Right & Left Field Lines 336ft, Center Field 390ft

Sito initially got his idea watching a late night Home buying show. In one particular episode was a story of a couple and their search for a place to live in the city. The one thing that stuck out about this couple was their love of baseball and living close to a ballpark. While thinking about creating his minor league ballpark, Sito thought about this couple living in a downtown area of a city, featuring a stadium where they could go see a ballgame close to home.

Source - Dev Journal: 7 New Minor League Stadiums (The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nusie @ 02/06/13 12:23 PM
Seeing these new stadiums really make me wish I played RTTS mode or focused on the AAA/AA teams in Franchise.

Will probably only use them in exhibition games waiting for OSFM to come out.

# 22 woz411 @ 02/06/13 07:59 PM
is this the start of the releasing of dev journals (like the RTTS one etc)

# 23 Godgers12 @ 02/06/13 08:55 PM
These stadiums look great. However, I have a question, what is the reason for not adding real life minor league stadiums of all the playable AA, and AAA teams? I think it would add a lot of realism, and authenticity. It would be fun to play in some of the Cal League stadiums, and score 15 runs a game...lol

But anyways, Crystal Falls looks like a pitching haven, with those dimensions

# 24 Hockeynut99 @ 02/06/13 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
These stadiums look great. However, I have a question, what is the reason for not adding real life minor league stadiums of all the playable AA, and AAA teams? I think it would add a lot of realism, and authenticity. It would be fun to play in some of the Cal League stadiums, and score 15 runs a game...lol

I am no expert, but I would say licensing is the reason.

# 25 Perfect Zero @ 02/06/13 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

It probably has to do with the cost of rights.

These new fields look pretty cool, and they work well with Diamond Dynasty. I played with Stomp Ground Fields a lot last year, so maybe one of these new stadia will peak my interest.

# 26 RamboForever @ 02/06/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

First up, here’s a shot of Bayfront Park. Environment Artist: Kevin Weinstein

Field Dimensions: Right & Left Field Lines 330ft, Right & Left Center Field 390ft, Center Field 403ft

The background idea for Bayfront Park comes from viewing the Santa Monica Pier, which features a Ferris Wheel displaying a fantastic light show as it rotates around. Kevin decided to incorporate the west coast look of the Santa Monica Pier, blended with a Coney Island style for the unique background you see beyond the right field wall.

I like the look of this stadium..be pretty cool to see all that beyond the field while in the Batter's Box

# 27 Knight165 @ 02/06/13 09:14 PM
I went into all the new ones this year to check them out.

They really did a GREAT job on them.

I'm DYING.....DYING!!! for these guys to get a chance to create and MLB level park to use in an expansion mode.

M.K.
Knight165

# 28 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/06/13 10:41 PM
Are there new Spring Training stadiums too? Or are all 7 just Minor League stadiums?

# 29 Buckeyes_Doc @ 02/06/13 11:27 PM
Since 90% of my time on the Show is spent playing RTTS this is great news to me.

Crystal Falls stadium looks beautiful. Can't wait to play in that park.

# 30 insideoutside15 @ 02/07/13 12:41 PM
You know, the people who actually got to design these fictional minor league ballparks have a really cool job.

# 31 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
You know, the people who actually got to design these fictional minor league ballparks have a really cool job.
Very much so IMO...

M.K.
Knight165

# 32 econoodle @ 02/07/13 01:04 PM
I love the ambience of the MiL games, so I'll be giving these a nice run-through.
Sorta OT: I'd like to see SCEA add Future Ballparks ala ASB 2005.
Loved having teams move into a new stadium during my franchise.
But alas, thats for another thread, at another time, on another console.

# 33 ILiveForThis @ 02/07/13 01:25 PM
I like that the minor league/RttS is getting attention. This was a very simple - yet impactful - addition that is well welcomed.

# 34 jmik58 @ 02/07/13 02:03 PM
I like the look of Statesman Park. I've yet to see a stadium that resembles the view of an I-Cubs game at Principal Park. There aren't very many tall buildings in Des Moines, but the few that are there give it a nice "small city" feel. The wall height, dimensions, and stadium itself aren't that close; but at least the view is fairly similar.

# 35 nomo17k @ 02/08/13 03:26 AM
I hope the artists can keep adding more and more stadiums of their creation. We need them all once the minor league system expands in future...

# 36 Bluejaysfan65 @ 02/08/13 04:49 PM
Can't wait to play RTTS in some of these new stadiums!!!

# 37 ODogg @ 05/08/14 05:21 PM
Isn't Huntington park in MLB 14?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.