Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted another MLB 13 The Show blog. This one features franchise mode, as the team goes over the revamped scouting, training, player progression and more.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyy2726
hence why a feedback forum is posted around april, how would you feel if you spent an entire year on this game like they have
Yeah, no. I know what the feedback forums are and I know how to use them thank you very much. Unfortunately those apply to games beyond the current year and what I'm inquiring about refers to the roster they upload on release day, which is vital since that is the roster OSFM will be based off of. This is something they are working on up until release, otherwise they wouldn't have all of the updated transactions in the first roster update... SCEA takes their break after the game is released, not the month before.

# 82 JayD @ 02/07/13 07:43 PM
the depth charts look awesome!

# 83 queensbomber @ 02/07/13 07:44 PM
I wonder if the players with the new "Top 50" mark on them will be able to be edited? I remember in MVP 05 (yes referring to that game again!) players also had the Top prospect mark on them and were able to be edited.

One thing that bugged about the show was some players who were clearly prospects were unable to edited, greyed out.

# 84 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
I wonder if the players with the new "Top 50" mark on them will be able to be edited? I remember in MVP 05 (yes referring to that game again!) players also had the Top prospect mark on them and were able to be edited.

One thing that bugged about the show was some players who were clearly prospects were unable to edited, greyed out.
Its just an icon given to the 50 best prospects, so its variable.

For the second part of your comment, are you sure they were CAPs? If they are SCEA players then they cannot be edited per MLB...

# 85 crains13 @ 02/07/13 08:03 PM
Just a "little" thing....but I like during the National Anthem that some of the players have their hands behind their back and some have their hands over their hearts. I'm glad they aren't all doing the same thing.

# 86 JWaLL @ 02/07/13 08:05 PM
So i only have 1 complaint.

Bryce Harper had the potential to be on the cover of the game yet they still have a generated face for him instead of his picture?
But I like the improvements, especially the screen that shows rumor mill and upcoming free agents. can't wait for this game

# 87 queensbomber @ 02/07/13 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

For the second part of your comment, are you sure they were CAPs? If they are SCEA players then they cannot be edited per MLB...
Yes thats what I mean...In MVP the Top Prospect icon were on actual players with portraits, Swisher was one of them, and players with fake names as well which could be edited. When working on my rosters on the show and I run into what looks like a top prospect with a fake name but cant be edited so I end up creating him. not a big deal at all just thought id bring it up.

# 88 Russell_SCEA @ 02/07/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaLL
So i only have 1 complaint.

Bryce Harper had the potential to be on the cover of the game yet they still have a generated face for him instead of his picture?
But I like the improvements, especially the screen that shows rumor mill and upcoming free agents. can't wait for this game

You do understand it takes weeks to create these blogs? Sometimes the footage is month's old B.Harper has a regular photo the build is old.

# 89 wizcardram @ 02/07/13 08:09 PM
Now this is what I call a game that they put time into.

# 90 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 08:14 PM
Quote:
Yes thats what I mean...In MVP the Top Prospect icon were on actual players with portraits, Swisher was one of them, and players with fake names as well which could be edited. When working on my rosters on the show and I run into what looks like a top prospect with a fake name but cant be edited so I end up creating him. not a big deal at all just thought id bring it up.
Ah, I see... There shouldn't be any "fake" prospects in the Show, those are probably the developers lol. They put themselves in the game as filler players.

# 91 Bobhead @ 02/07/13 08:36 PM
This might be the first year I actually delve into all the "franchisey" stuff in franchise mode. Usually I just play the games and let the CPU deal with most of the administrative work. This year though, all the changes seem to make it a lot less tedious, and a lot more fun and intuitive. I'm already excited about managing drafts and stuff like that, and I NEVER even bothered with any of that stuff in other years.

# 92 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 08:37 PM
Quote:

I don't think any prospects weren't editable. They were in those cases ....devs who were put into the game.
Any player can be overwritten in the game as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

It varies as long as the player is not in the MLB or...if he is demoted isn't old enough to lose his top 50 prospect status(it's 24 or 25 I think)

Yes...those were dev players

M.K.
Knight165

# 93 Woodweaver @ 02/07/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demizebf3
This blogs are nice but I need that one video with just straight out gameplay and commentary!

# 94 Sports fanantic @ 02/07/13 09:14 PM
Loving the number ratings!

# 95 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

C'mon...get with the times....

M.K.
Knight165

# 96 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic

M.K.
Knight165

# 97 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/07/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic

Haha I hate them..

But the masses win..

# 98 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 09:27 PM
...and my best girl Nickie(in my avatar sitting next to me....) says...

"Daddy....numbers make me sick....do you have a number over your head?"

..and then...

I'm sorry girl...I couldn't stop them.....daddy's only a Knight...not a King.

M.K.
Knight165

# 99 thaSLAB @ 02/07/13 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Haha I hate them..

But the masses win..
Yep. Damn majority! LOL

-- Sent from the Future...

# 100 queman11 @ 02/07/13 10:16 PM
People need to stop complaining and be grateful that these Devs take time and actually LISTEN to 99% of the feedback that they get. Not everything can be implemented, but just deal with it, because this is the best baseball sim out there and only more good can come with the PS4 release late this year to early next year...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.