Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Alvin Gentry is still coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter.

Here are some of the notable changes.

2 player ratings changed
  • Chicago Bulls - Jimmy Butler +8 (75)
  • Detroit Pistons - Andre Drummond +3 (69) - Now injured -12 (57)
Players still missing
  • Cleveland Cavaliers - Kevin Jones (PF)
  • Memphis Grizzlies - Chris Johnson (SG/SF)
  • Miami Heat - Jarvis Varnado (PF)
  • Utah Jazz - Kevin Murphy (SG)
  • Dallas Mavericks - Mike James (PG)
  • Denver Nuggets - Julyan Stone (PG/SG)
  • Indiana Pacers - Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG)
  • Houston Rockets - Patrick Beverley (PG)
  • San Antonio Spurs - Aron Baynes (C)
  • Phoenix Suns - Diante Garrett (SG)
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - Mickael Gelabale (SF)
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - Chris Johnson (C/PF)
  • Golden St. Warriors - Kent Bazemore (SG/SF)
Injured Players
  • Philadelphia 76ers - Thaddeus Young (74)
  • Boston Celtics - Jared Sullinger (71)
  • Utah Jazz - Gordon Hayward (68)
  • Los Angeles Lakers - Pau Gasol (81)
  • Brooklyn Nets - Deron Williams (86)
  • Detroit Pistons - Andre Drummond (69)
Players Returning From Injury
  • Charlotte Bobcats - Byron Mullens (69)
  • Cleveland Cavaliers - Daniel Gibson (65)
  • Los Angeles Clippers - Chris Paul (94)
  • Los Angeles Clippers - Chauncey Billups (81)
  • Memphis Grizzlies - Quincy Pondexter (61)
  • Indiana Pacers - Sam Young (68)
  • Toronto Raptors - Andrea Bargnani (73)
  • Toronto Raptors - Jonas Valanciunas (68)
For a complete list of changes, head over to The Real 2K Insider.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 slowdifference @ 02/12/13 12:21 PM
DWill only missed last nights game and he'll miss the next game, so I don't understand 2k taking him out. Tim Duncan and Ginobli haven't played in 2 weeks and they're still in the game. Why hasn't Lopez been updated? Damiaon James is no longer with the Nets. At least my team isn't the only one being jerked.

# 22 ClevelandFan @ 02/12/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarr219
No Tristan Thompson update? Gallinari? Amir Johnson? Smh 2k is horrible
Nice to see TT getting respect outside of Cleveland. He really has stepped up his game.

With that said I definitely expect him to stay at 68 overall with a 59 offensive rebound throughout the rest of the season, even if he continues his 15 and 12 averages since January.

# 23 Gstate_510 @ 02/12/13 12:29 PM
What's the hold up on Linsey hunter not being on the suns? It didn't even take that long when they made PJ the coach for he nets..

# 24 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/12/13 12:30 PM
Earl Clark needs his def rebounding updated .

# 25 mango_prom @ 02/12/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Nice to see TT getting respect outside of Cleveland. He really has stepped up his game.

With that said I definitely expect him to stay at 68 overall with a 59 offensive rebound throughout the rest of the season, even if he continues his 15 and 12 averages since January.
He has an OREB% of 13.2, better than Noah and Pekovic, but 2k never even heard of real statistics I suppose.
Now I don't care about the Cavs at all and a lot of ratings talk is fanboy bullsh*t, but 2ks rosters are so bad it hurts. They could simply copy everything fror all the community edits, but instead they repeatedly show a lack of even the most basic aspects of basketball knowledge.

I just don't get it, personally I couldn't even play this game out of the box even if I developed it myself. Is there really no one at 2k that knows what playbooks, ratings and tendencies are all about? Seriously, who are these guys in charge of rosters and do they watch the league any different from all the casual Lakers/Heat-fanboys?

# 26 Richie030587 @ 02/12/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Earl Clark needs his def rebounding updated .
I honestly don't think he needs an update, but after the LAL/MIA game on Sunday, I can't believe he isn't at least a 77 OVR. If they upgraded J. Butler to a 75 OVR, Clark is going to be ridiculous. This is a shame, 2k.

# 27 MVP9072 @ 02/12/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly, I kinda surprised that Paul George didn't get another update. Minus the Pacers/Nets game, he's been playing some great all-around basketball on both ends of the court.
what more can you upgrade on him?

# 28 toychri @ 02/12/13 02:56 PM
Is Greg Oden a FA in this game? I am waiting to start my Cavs franchise until after the trading deadline, and I was hoping to sign Oden, as it looks like the Cavs might pick him up.

# 29 knick9 @ 02/12/13 03:20 PM
Did they recently update Tyson Chandler's tattoos? Don't remember his full sleeve being there.

# 30 ClevelandFan @ 02/12/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
He has an OREB% of 13.2, better than Noah and Pekovic, but 2k never even heard of real statistics I suppose.
Now I don't care about the Cavs at all and a lot of ratings talk is fanboy bullsh*t, but 2ks rosters are so bad it hurts. They could simply copy everything fror all the community edits, but instead they repeatedly show a lack of even the most basic aspects of basketball knowledge.

I just don't get it, personally I couldn't even play this game out of the box even if I developed it myself. Is there really no one at 2k that knows what playbooks, ratings and tendencies are all about? Seriously, who are these guys in charge of rosters and do they watch the league any different from all the casual Lakers/Heat-fanboys?
Ya mean it's rough trying to play with the Cavs online. They don't get any ****ing rebounds. It really makes it incredibly difficult to beat anyone that is remotely good.

# 31 ClevelandFan @ 02/12/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
Is Greg Oden a FA in this game? I am waiting to start my Cavs franchise until after the trading deadline, and I was hoping to sign Oden, as it looks like the Cavs might pick him up.
No he's not. I hope they put him in if we sign him, as he's been a god in 2k for years now lol.

# 32 Taer @ 02/12/13 03:48 PM
It is about what I expected.

I am a bit taken aback by Ronnie's reply to Patrick Beverley of the Rockets though. If Ronnie talks out of his butt without first checking and replying truthfully to him, how can we normal gamers take anything he says seriously?

# 33 Papesowish @ 02/12/13 04:11 PM
Wow, Alan Anderson got a 4+ boost for averaging 37% from the field over 14 games prior to the update he got the 4+ rating.

Amir Johnson's last 14 games since today's update? 14.8 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.1 assists, 1.4 spg, 1.7 bpg on 57 FG%, yet he gets nothing? Cmon

Iman Shumpert has been back for 12 games, averaging 5.3 pts on 33% FG and he's an 80 still? Get out. I still can't believe they made him a lockdown defender after his rookie season. The pandering 2k does to certain teams is blatant.

# 34 Maccy46 @ 02/12/13 05:11 PM
Vucevic still a 68 (which is fine) but if they are going to have the Shumperts and Earl Clarks rated higher thsn surely he should be getting more love. One of the leading rebounders in the NBA but gets cleaned up on the boards online unless i play someone using the Bobcats which is never. If he was a Knick, Laker etc he would be in the mid to high 70's.

# 35 Streaky McFloorburn @ 02/12/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
It is about what I expected.

I am a bit taken aback by Ronnie's reply to Patrick Beverley of the Rockets though. If Ronnie talks out of his butt without first checking and replying truthfully to him, how can we normal gamers take anything he says seriously?
Of course we can't. Current NBA players don't really have any power to negotiate individually with videogame publishers, so losing Patrick Beverley's respect won't hurt at all, other than embarrassment (not that he'd be a priority if they did negotiate individually).

I wonder if the NBPA could apply some pressure if enough players got upset about being misrepresented? Maybe complaints to them would go further than complaints here...

If they would offer some explanation about why the roster updates are so poor, that would help too. Something like "the 2k insider is busy working on (...) for 2k14, so he only has 5 minutes per week to work on roster updates." Or, "the insider is a real lazy dude, but he's the boss's nephew, so our hands are tied." Maybe their internal policies dictate that it takes a certain minimum amount of complaints for a player to receive any attention?

I don't think anything they might reasonably say would damage their reputation more than the lack of both words and action that we get now. The real concern is probably revealing some trade secret or limitation in their specific technology/processes that could give a (potential) competitor an edge.

# 36 JasonMartin @ 02/12/13 06:02 PM
I would pay so much money to watch what the people at 2K are doing. Give me a week behind the scenes, please.

Are you guys understaffed? Are your developers working on different games like MLB or Borderlands 3, do you got a basketball department just doing basketball stuff?

What is the insiders main task, how hard can it be for him to correctly update players. I can do his job within the hour.

I could fix all the accessoires within a day and everyone would be finally happy.

What -the - hell- is - going - on - at -2K?!

I've said this 100 times before, but WE NEED EA sports. I know they have been delivering crap over the past few years but competition in a market is so important. It keeps each other sharp, 2K has become really lazy because they are the only one with a basketball game. So we as a consumer are screwed.
Competition=needed.

# 37 thedream2k13 @ 02/12/13 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
Vucevic still a 68 (which is fine) but if they are going to have the Shumperts and Earl Clarks rated higher thsn surely he should be getting more love. One of the leading rebounders in the NBA but gets cleaned up on the boards online unless i play someone using the Bobcats which is never. If he was a Knick, Laker etc he would be in the mid to high 70's.
cant compare overall ratings saying a center shoud have a higher overall than a PG because you think so. Vucevic overall is good the way it is, he has high rebounding and can hit the midrange jumper like irl. he isnt a defensive beast or even a excellent post player. Cant get him unneeded boost just to get his overall up

# 38 beast10 @ 02/12/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
You know what's really fun?
When Ronnie 2K tweeted that the roster update was released, Patrick Beverley of the Rockets tweeted him
"I better be there!"
and Ronnie replied
"You are!"

that last tweet has now been deleted, I wonder why....

How sloppy can they get before we stop giving them our money?
LOL... NBA Live needs to release something, this is sad on 2k's part.

# 39 giftedchick @ 02/12/13 11:54 PM
jimmy updated!!!!
barg and jonas back.. cant be mad about those changes

# 40 kingcraig1991 @ 02/13/13 08:55 AM
they need to fix the forms some days it's a hold form and other days its a quick form. For example trying shooting with Novak it is hard *** hell to get green ball. the first day the game came out i was making shots with him now its hard

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.