Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Christian Brandt, designer for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 has posted a broadcast presentation blog detailing some of the improvements that will be seen in the game.

Quote:
Some of the improvements we've made include in-game statistical updates, new tournament introductions and branding (including all four majors!), a new broadcast camera setting, time of day, new major specific tournament structures, and updated commentary from Jim Nantz and David Feherty.

He also talks about the new and improved camera angles.

Quote:
As if that's not enough, we've also added a new Broadcast Camera setting that can be turned on in the Presentation Settings. We have over 3,3000 new cameras that were placed after our team did extensive research on where camera are placed on real world golf courses and how they track the ball through the air.

You will see all-new blimp views, fairway cameras, green tower and greenside views, close ups, reverse angles, different spectator swing angles, and many more. If you prefer the classic Tiger follow ball camera, it still functions as the default camera mode. But if you want to get the full broadcast experience, I would recommend the Broadcast cameras.

Source - Dev Blog: Broadcast Presentation (EA Sports)

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flightwhite24 @ 02/13/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The new TV Broadcast Presentation Blog is out for TW14.....

http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/...sentation-blog

The way this game is shaping up I might break my New Years Resolution on getting games early and being patient for release day but TW14 might make me cave.

# 2 fishepa @ 02/13/13 05:33 PM
I love what I'm hearing. I would have also like to see some screens of the new presentation cameras.

# 3 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/13/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
The new TV Broadcast Presentation Blog is out for TW14.....

http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/...sentation-blog
Thank you, Divot!

Liking it very much, the stat tracking will feel a bit more 'alive' out there. Can't wait to see the cameras in action.

# 4 OnlookerDelay @ 02/13/13 06:33 PM
WOW!! This is absolutely stunning... it looks like they've gone beyond what I expected with this! I might even finish an offline career mode season with this sort of atmosphere and presence!!

# 5 ODogg @ 02/13/13 07:09 PM
Are they finally going to have courses in Autumn with fall foliage? Been waiting for years for that, something Links had back in the 90's by the way..

# 6 Matt10 @ 02/13/13 07:16 PM
WOW!! This is absolutely fantastic - just stunning and informative. So much like a real golf viewing on TV. I am getting this game ASAP. I hope Madden and NCAA take note of what ways to hype us up - for the right reasons!

# 7 DivotMaker @ 02/13/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Are they finally going to have courses in Autumn with fall foliage? Been waiting for years for that, something Links had back in the 90's by the way..
With the current limitations on the 360 DVD, I don't think you will see this until the next gen of consoles. On top of this, the majority OG the PGA TOUR season is played before Autumn, so there has not been any push or requests for such features. However, if enough users request features like this, the TW Devs have been listening to user feedback and implementing a number of these features requested by the community.

# 8 WhiteMan22 @ 02/13/13 10:23 PM
Everything is sounding great.

# 9 OnlookerDelay @ 02/13/13 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
Well, there goes my dream that EA would go all the way and make sure that the correct courses at least for 2013 would go along with the majors. That picture just gave away my dissapointment.
I understand your frustration Hollywood88, but we have to realize that there are some clubs that aren't going to agree to have their courses recreated and licensed for use in a video golf game at any cost, let alone a reasonable cost. From what I've read, EA Sports has done all they can do - within reason - to make it happen.

# 10 cdawg44 @ 02/13/13 11:23 PM
Whoa.....................

Yea, this is going to be fun this year. I can't wait.

# 11 OnlookerDelay @ 02/13/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Whoa.....................

Yea, this is going to be fun this year. I can't wait.
I agree and I don't think any of us - myself included - realize how much this Broadcast Presentation is going to invigorate not only Live Tournament play, but this new 'Connected Tournament' play, however it's going to feel like a different game in a positive way, IMO!

# 12 ILiveForThis @ 02/14/13 02:15 AM
Can't wait. March is shaping up to be a great month.

# 13 Dazraz @ 02/14/13 05:53 AM
This has got me really fired up for TW14. The series has refined the game wonderfully over the last few iterations but this is something I've been wanting for a long while. Having all this presentation in a Quick Tournament mode too is great news as I've never had the time to invest in the Career Mode.

# 14 DivotMaker @ 02/14/13 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
OnlookerDelay, where did you read this? Is it recorded somewhere which courses turned down EA Sports? And do we even know which courses are included in this years game. I'm shocked it has yet to make it out onto the internet. I'm thinking it's delayed because they want to get as much pub as possible about having the 4 majors in the game and if people knew the real courses for the 2013 majors were not in the game, people would react negatively.
This has been reported on the EA Tiger forums by the Executive Producer for TW14. EA has secured the licenses for all 4 Major tournaments but those licenses do not include licenses for the courses that the events are played on that year. EA has tried to negotiate a license with all 4 Major courses and two of them were not interested in having their courses appear in the game. Users here and in the EA Tiger forums have heard the news and while it is not the best news, it is not dampening the enthusiasm of too many folks.

# 15 fishepa @ 02/14/13 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Firestone in Autumn was awesome back in the day on Links 386.

# 16 cdawg44 @ 02/14/13 10:32 AM
Quote:
This has been reported on the EA Tiger forums by the Executive Producer for TW14. EA has secured the licenses for all 4 Major tournaments but those licenses do not include licenses for the courses that the events are played on that year. EA has tried to negotiate a license with all 4 Major courses and two of them were not interested in having their courses appear in the game. Users here and in the EA Tiger forums have heard the news and while it is not the best news, it is not dampening the enthusiasm of too many folks.
Yea, no Merion or Murfield stinks but here is the good news. There will be a number of years where we get every correct course for every major. We will have Augusta, and Every PGA Championship course has made it in since Tiger 10 (The next two are Valhalla and Whistling Straits which are already in). The next 3 US open courses will be: Pinehurst (already in), Chambers Bay (a public course, so a likely inclusion) and Oakmont (already in). For the Open Championship, 5 of the 9 couses in the current rotation have appeared in Tiger games (St Andrews, Birkdale, Turnberry, Carnoustie, Troon) with all but Birkdale being in Scotland. Since the Open rotates between England and Scotland every year, we will have the Open Championship course in the game half of the time.

2014- Augusta, Pinehurst, Royal Liverpool (?), Valhalla
2015- Augusta, Chambers Bay, St. Andrews, Whistling Straits

There are just some courses that flat refuse to have their course in this game. I am sure Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Baltusrol, Brookline, Olympic, and Medinah will probably never allow it for various reasons no matter the price. Heck, some of these clubs were considering not to allow majors to be played on them anymore because of the damage done to the courses.

The fact that we got all four licenses in was a huge win and along with the new presentation package, this is a major upgrade over wha we had. Career mode should be blast and so much more replay value going forward.

# 17 Panicshade @ 02/14/13 11:40 AM
Maybe once the "next gen" consoles are out and we see what can be done with them there can be a Course Designer for future TW games that will make a lot of the "I am upset that (insert course here) didn't make it" arguments almost meaningless. I am sure there are people here at OS or elsewhere that could design almost exact replicas of courses if given the right time and tools.

# 18 cdawg44 @ 02/14/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Maybe once the "next gen" consoles are out and we see what can be done with them there can be a Course Designer for future TW games that will make a lot of the "I am upset that (insert course here) didn't make it" arguments almost meaningless. I am sure there are people here at OS or elsewhere that could design almost exact replicas of courses if given the right time and tools.
Oh I'm sure of it. There are some amazing people on this forum that can do some great things with a course editor.

# 19 jbd345 @ 02/14/13 04:42 PM
Awesome news!! Can't wait to see a video showing it off. Interested in the blimp cam as well.

# 20 OnlookerDelay @ 02/14/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Thanks for answering Hollywood's question Tim. I couldn't remember whether it was Sean or not.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.