Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Another NBA 2K13 roster update has arrived this morning. Most of the transactions that took place yesterday are included, but there are still a handful of players that are on the wrong team(s) and/or haven't been added.

Here is a list of the NBA transactions yesterday and what was updated in-game.
  • Atlanta traded guard Anthony Morrow to Dallas for guard Dahntay Jones. (Trade included in-game)
  • Golden State traded guard Charles Jenkins and cash to Philadelphia for a protected second-round draft pick. Traded forward Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta for cash and future draft considerations. (Trade DID NOT go through in-game)
  • Houston traded forward Marcus Morris to Phoenix for a 2013 second-round draft pick. Traded forward Patrick Patterson, center Cole Aldrich and guard Toney Douglas to Sacramento for forward Thomas Robinson, forward Francisco Garcia and forward Tyler Honeycutt. (Trade included in-game)
  • Miami traded center Dexter Pittman, a 2013 second-round draft pick and cash considerations to Memphis for the draft rights to forward Ricky Sanchez. (Trade included in-game)
  • New York traded guard Ronnie Brewer to Oklahoma City for a 2014 second-round draft pick and cash. (Trade included in-game)
  • Oklahoma City traded guard Eric Maynor to Portland for the rights to forward Georgios Printezis and cash. (Trade included in-game)
  • Orlando traded guard J.J. Redick, center Gustavo Ayon and guard Ish Smith to Milwaukee for guard Doron Lamb, guard Beno Udrih and forward Tobias Harris. (Trade included in-game)
  • Phoenix waived forward Luke Zeller. (Has been moved to free agent list in-game)
  • Toronto traded center Hamed Haddadi and a 2014 second-round draft pick to Phoenix for guard Sebastian Telfair. (Trade included in-game)
  • Washington traded guard Jordan Crawford to Boston for center Jason Collins and guard Leandro Barbosa. (Trade included in-game)
  • Orlando traded forward Josh McRoberts to Charlotte for forward Hakim Warrick. (Trade included in-game) UPDATE: Warrick was waived by Orlando, but he's still on the in-game roster. Thanks Rashidi.
Kenyon Martin is still a free agent. Alvin Gentry is still coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter.

Player Rating Updates
  • Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers +1 (89)
  • Danilo Gallinari, Denver Nuggets +1 (77)
  • Terrence Williams, Boston Celtics -3 (73)
  • Courtney Lee, Boston Celtics +2 (74) - Thanks Rashidi!
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Mike James (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Patrick Beverley (PG) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
As always, check out The Real 2K Insider for more details on the roster.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 thedream2k13 @ 02/23/13 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
THISSSSSSSSS. Melo is long overdue for his 92 rating back, and tony parker should easily be the highest rated player on the spurs. Hes shooting 53 percent as a pg. Melo doesn't really need any offensive boosts though. He could use slight bumps in his hustle, ball security(it is 73 when he averages less turnovers then lebron and kobe who have 90 plus), defensive awareness.,POST DEFENSE(kobe has a higher post defense than him. makes no sense), consistency(broke franchise record for most consecutive 20 point games at 31 straight). If anything on offense it should maybe be a slight bump in mid range since westbrooks is an 88. with those upgrades he should be a 92 again
Melos shot % have decreased the since the end of january my friend. If anyting his 3ball and mid need to go down a notch. If you havent noticed its been the main topic of why he isnt considerend i the MVP race anymore. He started off hot but since has turn to his normal self

Its not good for a man to be obsessed over a +2 rating that means nothing in the game every week. Take a break from 2k and enjoy life for a week bro

# 42 R0ver @ 02/23/13 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm011
How is terrence williams still a 73? He is not good....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
Because he plays for the Celtics. If he were at Orlando or other bottom sides he wouldn't be touched l.
That's ridiculous, Terrence Williams was a 73 when he was in FA pool, the man was a lottery pick coming out of Louisville, has decent handles, a good passer, he's just not 'good' in the eyes of casual fans that don't watch much games because he played on terrible teams(Nets, Kings). All in all, can you people seriously stop harping on a player's overall rating? Keep in mind that the rating is based on the individual's skill ratings, not performance. Why should a player receive a harsh drop in ratings when he excels at multiple facets of the game and is only struggling during a brief stretch of time? Likewise, why should a player be given an enormous increase to his overall for no reason when his skill ratings are all accurate?

# 43 Itsfuntobethespurs @ 02/23/13 10:58 AM
As I Spurs fan:

Splitter is still massively underrated.

Parker plays like him in the game, but seeing him as an 84 is maddening. This speaks volumes about 2k rating system

Ginobili needs an update. They make Harden one of the best passers in the league while Manu has a 70 rating. I mean, come on. He's been assiting like a PG these past two years. Such a good passer that he deserves a dimer sig skill

per 36 min: 19,3 pts, 5,7 reb, 6,7 ast, .588 TS%

That's superstar play in limited minutes.

And please give Duncan defensive anchor. The team is 3rd in defense solely because of him and his career high in block rate

# 44 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/23/13 10:59 AM
Wait Tony Parker is an 84? I know overalls don't matter but damn...

# 45 agreene7 @ 02/23/13 11:16 AM
There is another update posted today but I don't know what the difference between this one and the one from yesterday is.

# 46 skillz7854 @ 02/23/13 12:58 PM
Jeff Green needs a over haul on this game he moves like a big man which he clearly isn't.He needs better Ball handling and Base shot needs a change as well.He should at least move like Rudy gay on this game. Where the F is his Posterizer,Finisher,and Acrobat at. Please Fix this.

# 47 bm011 @ 02/23/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ver
That's ridiculous, Terrence Williams was a 73 when he was in FA pool, the man was a lottery pick coming out of Louisville, has decent handles, a good passer, he's just not 'good' in the eyes of casual fans that don't watch much games because he played on terrible teams(Nets, Kings). All in all, can you people seriously stop harping on a player's overall rating? Keep in mind that the rating is based on the individual's skill ratings, not performance. Why should a player receive a harsh drop in ratings when he excels at multiple facets of the game and is only struggling during a brief stretch of time? Likewise, why should a player be given an enormous increase to his overall for no reason when his skill ratings are all accurate?
He averaged 8 ppg his first year, about 5 ppg his 2nd year,and about 6.5 ppg his 3rd year. Not to mention he couldn't make any rosters this year, and that includes the pistons roster, that should be enough for you to realize the guy is not good (yes...the pistons).

Now I'm not saying he's terrible. But as it stands right now, he should NOT be a 73. And I understand what your saying about overall vs specific ratings and I agree, but the guy plays like a mini-lebron James, which is extremely unrealistic. It would be much more realistic if he was bumped down to a 66 or 67. He's never proven anything in the NBA and has 3 years to do so.

# 48 Blackhail92 @ 02/23/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
There are people arguing that Melo's defensive ratings need to go UP!?!?!?

WTF?!?

He's already the most overrated defensive player in the game, just because he is a superstar. But people want to BOOST his defensive ratings artificially just so his OVERALL rating goes up?

Some of you people are clueless....
actually we only wanted his post defense to go up. his perimeter one is fine. and his hustle could use a boost. and consistency. and btw. AMARE STOUDEMIRE is the most overrated defender in the game (80 defense with tyson defensive anchor turns him into a monster)

Terrence Willaims shouldn't even be a 69 if you ask me. so that 73 rating is wayyyyy overhyped. My guess is he will get lowered. Last year when jr came to the knicks midseason they just threw him into their team with many overated stats just like williams is. After about a week they noticed and dramatically lowered him. Hopefully they do the same to T williams.

BTW Kyrie is also an overated defender in this game as well. just saying

# 49 skillz7854 @ 02/23/13 04:56 PM
What you mean,I'm telling the truth he doesn't move smooth like himself in real life.Yes he does need posterizer and at least acrobat since he finish at the rim with ease and he has dunked on a lot of Centers.

Just look at his game this one's his best game so far this season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FDZp1UobU

# 50 slowdifference @ 02/23/13 05:30 PM
Joe Johnson got Closer (Well deserved BTW) So, I'm not too mad about some of the things needing upgrades.

# 51 rbfn04 @ 02/23/13 05:39 PM
Bet I still can't put Amar'e on the bench without him complaining.

# 52 Angel_G @ 02/23/13 06:52 PM
Yea Joe Johnson is definitely deserving there was a crazy stat like he was 9/11 in the final minute all season and has hit a couple game winners as well. Not just LeBrons "fake" clutch at the beginning of the 4th.

# 53 DGMikeBarker @ 02/24/13 04:08 AM
I just want DeShawn Stevenson back activated.

# 54 Xuriath @ 02/24/13 11:37 AM
Give earl Clark his boost.

# 55 superj @ 02/26/13 08:21 AM
Steve,

Again a big thx for listing out all the changes, especially player rating updates for us Association players in mid year.

# 56 crayyolo @ 02/26/13 11:10 AM
where is beverley???? how am i gonna play with the rockets?? there is no backup pg. omg...

# 57 Iasounis @ 02/26/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayyolo
where is beverley???? how am i gonna play with the rockets?? there is no backup pg. omg...
Don't know...

Neither does Ronnie2K...

And don't bother tweeting/messaging anyone there, they won't answer and will tell you they don't have to.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.