Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

MICHIGAN AND TEXAS A&M REACH FINAL ROUND OF NCAA FOOTBALL COVER VOTE

Denard Robinson and Ryan Swope Go Head-to-Head for the Cover

The NCAA Football Cover Vote has entered the final round, as Michigan’s Denard Robinson and Texas A&M’s Ryan Swope face-off for the opportunity to grace the cover of this year’s game. After six rounds and over 3.1M votes these two athletes remain as the last men standing in the quest for the cover.

Robinson and Swope jumped out to large early leads this round and never looked back. The duo continually battled for the lead throughout, with Robinson ultimately securing the most votes. Robinson has deployed the power of social media to fuel his campaign, while Aggie Nation has shown unprecedented support for Swope.

Final round voting has begun on the NCAA Football Facebook page, and will continue through March 8th. This is the last chance for fans to secure victory for their favored athlete, and vote totals have reset to zero so it’s anyone’s race.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dynastium @ 02/26/13 11:49 AM
No thanks.

# 2 22cedric @ 02/26/13 11:59 AM
I wish Eddie Lacy was in the top two

# 3 EHS_25 @ 02/26/13 12:06 PM
what a joke

# 4 BLACKjersey53 @ 02/26/13 12:07 PM
Lacey's out?! That's a shocker.

# 5 johnnyg713 @ 02/26/13 12:15 PM
do these people not watch college football? Robinson is so overrated. I have no clue who the other guy is. FAIL

# 6 stormisbruin @ 02/26/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
do these people not watch college football? Robinson is so overrated. I have no clue who the other guy is. FAIL
You complain that these people don't watch college football and then you don't know who Ryan Swope is...

# 7 darren1024 @ 02/26/13 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
You complain that these people don't watch college football and then you don't know who Ryan Swope is...
My thought exactly! A cover ATH shouldnt determine a purchase or not.

# 8 Lawdawg25 @ 02/26/13 01:28 PM
The cover athletes kinda suck this year and I'm not just saying that cuz Swope is a choice and I'm a Longhorn fan. Denard isn't that great of an option either.

# 9 KushNstien @ 02/26/13 02:03 PM
It would be cool to see Robinson win.

But i really dont care, im playing the game not the cover

# 10 stormisbruin @ 02/26/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
You can ask 100 college football fans which team Ryan Swope plays for and maybe a handful would tell you Texas A&M. The guy doesn't have any recognition around the country with fans.

The cover finalists are AWFUL but nobody is going to NOT buy the game because of who is on the cover.
And you can ask 100 college football fans who Denard Robinson is and all 100 of them will tell you that he's that guy who throws lob passes and whose Heisman campaigns ended after the first two games every year

# 11 faceman1209 @ 02/26/13 03:13 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Bama grad and fan, so Lacy was my pick. However, I don't think Lacy really deserved to be the cover guy. With that being said, I think the legitimacy of this "vote" is obviously up for question since Lacy pretty much dominated the previous 93 rounds of voting and then he got dominated in the semis. If EA wants a specific person on the cover, just put him on there. None of the finalists were all of that impressive or cover worthy anyway.

# 12 BLACKjersey53 @ 02/26/13 03:46 PM
After that 4.34 40 Swope did at the combine, I'd HOPE more than a handful of college football fans know who he his. Johnny Football put the Aggies on the map, watch any of his highlights and you're bound to hear Swope's name. But I'm a major SEC guy, so maybe I'm a bit partial to the SEC teams.

# 13 TryHard_Nation @ 02/26/13 04:41 PM
Don't ever doubt aggie in an online poll...

# 14 BLACKjersey53 @ 02/26/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
Don't ever doubt aggie in an online poll...
At this point, I'll be shocked if Swope doesn't win, but I was expecting Lacy to win from day one. Personally, I thought those Ducks unis would've looked sweet on an NCAA cover. I'm still waiting on EA to give me a cover with the service academy schools on it. Sure, they're not the best teams on the field, but Merica.

# 15 BaylorFan @ 02/26/13 05:19 PM
Can we please get some info on the game and not the box. Cover votes are so silly especially when that person is not even included in the game. Thankfully neither of these guys won the Heisman so that mode should have no place in the game anymore.

# 16 Gap Integrity @ 02/26/13 05:40 PM
I've been saying for 3 years now. We need to put Pat Tillman from Arizona State on the cover. Honor a hero who played. Maybe next year we can get O.S. to back this if we had enough support.

# 17 stormisbruin @ 02/26/13 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I've been saying for 3 years now. We need to put Pat Tillman from Arizona State on the cover. Honor a hero who played. Maybe next year we can get O.S. to back this if we had enough support.
I would totally support this. Anyone who actually knows (not personally, I mean knows who he was/what he stood for) Pat Tillman would too.

# 18 MAGboyswifT27 @ 02/26/13 06:25 PM
Robinson/Swope? Why don't they just put Ryan Leaf with them as well...

# 19 This Is Michigan @ 02/26/13 07:43 PM
A&M is sadly, probably gonna win. It's a shame because Denard deserves it. His video game stats fit being on the cover.

It's all the bitter buckeye, notre dame and state fans who never have had/ever will have a cover athlete that are voting against Denard.

One way or another, my cover will have Denard on it since I make them with Michigan players for every game.

# 20 Gap Integrity @ 02/26/13 08:59 PM
This would make a sweet one for 2007's cover..... I keed I keed.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.