Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

2K Sports still hasn't talked about any new features or shown any MLB 2K13 gameplay and with no sign of the MLB 2K13 demo on the Marketplace or PSN today (demos usually release on Tuesdays), it looks like users will not be able to check out the game until it releases on March 5th (unless your local Best Buy has it on display).

For those of you that are interested, 2K Sports released another MLB 2K13 Perfect Game Challenge video and we have captured some images from it, right here.

Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dubcity @ 02/26/13 06:05 PM
It's the video game equivalent of not screening a film for journalists before its release. I can't see how anyone would pay $60 for this.

I'll be interested in reading some of the major reviews. IGN gave 2K12 7/10, but this year we're getting pretty much the same game, with presentation (commentary in particular) taking a step back.

# 2 yanksfan216 @ 02/26/13 06:53 PM
Doomed from the start. Should've just put the money, time and effort behind this into the WWE game or NBA 2K14

# 3 GlennN @ 02/26/13 08:44 PM
This does not bode well at all. I'll definately be waiting for the reviews.

# 4 DaveDQ @ 02/26/13 08:51 PM
Love the "unless your local best buy has at their kiosk" line.

# 5 Cardot @ 02/26/13 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I can't see how anyone would pay $60 for this.
The people who want to go for the million dollar challenge will pay it. I have become convinced that this is the target market and strategy for 2K13.

# 6 BLACKjersey53 @ 02/27/13 12:12 AM
Seeing all the amazing posts about The Show really make me sad when I realize how bad Xbox owners who love baseball have it. I haven't purchased an MLB game since 2K7, and there's nothing that has changed enough to make me want to buy back into this series. No demo almost certainly means I won't be buying it, but I'll wait for the reviews from this site like always.

# 7 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 02/27/13 12:43 AM
i really cant wait for the next gen consoles so i can switch to ps4 and finally get my hands on the show.

# 8 econoodle @ 02/27/13 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
i really cant wait for the next gen consoles so i can switch to ps4 and finally get my hands on the show.

If you can't wait to play that game here's a great place to start doing your research:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/

# 9 Jasong7777 @ 02/27/13 09:26 AM
People could just play the demo from last year.

# 10 Money99 @ 02/27/13 09:29 AM
Do people realize that The Show didn't release a demo prior to the game hitting the shelves last year?
And I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case this year too.

I'll be the first to say that I think it's a mistake for 2K not to release a demo.
At the same time, we've all read what a pain in the butt demo's are to produce and how they actually don't help sell games.
In some instances, it's actually hurt.

If 2K was rushed to build 2K13, I doubt they had the time and resources to generate a demo.
And just imagine if that demo was stripped down like their NBA demo was.
How many OS members here salivate with any chance to rip this series? If the demo didn't cure your dog's cancer, they'd be filing in here with pitchforks and torches.
So maybe his is one instance where having no demo is beneficial. Only time will tell.

# 11 Blzer @ 02/27/13 09:31 AM
The demos suck anyway, and I completely blame 2K for doing this with their games since 2K9, including their basketball games. Want to completely strip away the only things that actually redeem this game? Remove all options and commentary! Yeah, that should do it!

I refuse to play the demo, and must only play the retail version. I have to adjust sliders, presentation options, camera settings, and the like. I also have to hear Gary, Steve, and John.

# 12 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/13 09:59 AM
The batting helmets in MLB 2K13 look like the steel helmets worn by the Germans during World War II

# 13 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
The players gloves look hideous as well...
I could still find plenty of other things but a day is only 24 hours long...

# 14 mkharsh33 @ 02/27/13 12:28 PM
Alex Trebek: "Name something you don't have any interest in with regard to the video game world."

Me: "Xbox 360 Demos."

Never played one - they're not a true representation of the game. And let's be honest, though I love MLB 2K12 I have no reservations in saying it will be nothing more than updated rosters & colors (from everything I've read).

# 15 Blzer @ 02/27/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Alex Trebek: "Name something you don't have any interest in with regard to the video game world."

Me: "Xbox 360 Demos."
What are Xbox 360 demos?

# 16 BCDX97 @ 02/28/13 03:23 PM
I think every game should have a demo. There are some games I only bought because of the demo - and games I never bothered to get because they didn't have demos. I don't care how great the reviews for Dishonored or Far Cry 3 were - never getting a chance to try them is going to make me really leering about forking over $60.

# 17 Money99 @ 02/28/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
I think every game should have a demo. There are some games I only bought because of the demo - and games I never bothered to get because they didn't have demos. I don't care how great the reviews for Dishonored or Far Cry 3 were - never getting a chance to try them is going to make me really leering about forking over $60.
I agree. I'd like a demo for every game.
But I'll be honest, I've probably bought less games because of a demo.
Believe it or not, I didn't like Batman or Dead Space demo's so I never purchased either game.
But from recommendations by coworkers I eventually bought both and they're two of my favorite games of all time.

With 2K, I think they should have released one, but I've read they take a lot of time and energy. And if they're done like the NBA demo, it's not worth it.
NBA2K is one of the best games ever, but it's demo is extremely stripped down and doesn't do the final product justice.

# 18 JordanKicks23 @ 02/28/13 04:17 PM
I feel like them not posting a demo is them allowing us as gamers to control the press. They haven't given us any reason to think this isn't just a title update.

# 19 Cardot @ 02/28/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
But I'll be honest, I've probably bought less games because of a demo.
I agree. There have been times that a demo discouraged me from a purchase. And I don't recall ever playing a demo that motivated me to buy a game.

I find demos for sports games especially limited. They are usually very stripped down. Often no commentary, or setting/slider adjustments. You are limited to a few teams & ball parks so you really can't see too many details. A demo gives a general feel for the game, but in my experience, that doesn't tell you much if you played the prior year's game (which most of us OS'ers have).

# 20 JordanKicks23 @ 02/28/13 04:47 PM
If you remember last year, there was no commentary and everyone bashed the lack of polish in the demo, then again, that's mainly what we got with retail

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.