Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 501 seanjeezy @ 03/06/13 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
25 hours?!?! what kinda internet do u have?
slow *** century link lol. To be fair to them I was watching MLB tv the last couple of hours, probably stalled my download time...

# 502 WhiteSoxGirl @ 03/06/13 02:30 AM
omg so it finally finished downloading after about 27 hours..... Now I think I'll be playing the game in just a minute or two yay! Oh wait, now I have to install it.... which takes an hour and a half..... Yes, finished downloading! Here we go! In order to play you must download a system update. FML!!!

# 503 WhiteSoxGirl @ 03/06/13 02:40 AM
"the installed game is incomplete. You must download the game and install all associated content in order to play it." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!?

# 504 seanjeezy @ 03/06/13 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGirl
"the installed game is incomplete. You must download the game and install all associated content in order to play it." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!?
There should be three files that you downloaded, install all of them before starting the game.

# 505 WhiteSoxGirl @ 03/06/13 02:48 AM
omg so I have to wait aonther 27+ hours???? I'm never going to play this damn game Why is it so slow for me ;_; I should have just waited to get it in store but I wanted to play it early. Oh the irony.

# 506 kraken613 @ 03/06/13 07:11 AM
Finally downloaded and installed! AND IT IS THE FIRST DAY THAT ALL MY CLASSES ARE CANCELLED IN MY COLLEGE CAREER!

Time to sit wearing my Pedroia shirt all day in my pajamas.

# 507 collegesports64 @ 03/06/13 08:48 AM
Everything downloaded in about 14 hours but now when I try to start the game I get the message "An error occurred during the start operation (80010017)". Anybody have a clue?

# 508 edm18 @ 03/06/13 09:22 AM
Anyone using the digital version seeing that lag issue reported in the other thread?

Also, how are the load times compared to last years disc version (or this years if you've played both)? Are they noticeably faster, especially during rtts. Thanks!

# 509 dkrause1971 @ 03/06/13 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesports64
Everything downloaded in about 14 hours but now when I try to start the game I get the message "An error occurred during the start operation (80010017)". Anybody have a clue?
If everything is installed. Reboot.

# 510 MachoMyers @ 03/06/13 01:06 PM
Came home from work and it was a joy to see it all done. Easily worth the hassle compared to import shipping prices and tax. Dumb question but I don't need to do a 10 gb install with the whole game on my HDD do I?

# 511 ckarlic @ 03/06/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoMyers
Came home from work and it was a joy to see it all done. Easily worth the hassle compared to import shipping prices and tax. Dumb question but I don't need to do a 10 gb install with the whole game on my HDD do I?
No you do not. Where ever your game is saved in the XMB, the game size should be around 23GB.

# 512 The_Ripper @ 03/07/13 04:09 PM
What exactly is the 11gb additional content?

# 513 seanjeezy @ 03/07/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ripper
I think its the optional install (but mandatory for the DL version), just a guess though...

# 514 bcruise @ 03/07/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ripper
Basically, it's the optional install that you would be asked to install if you were playing from the disc. It's still vital game data, and since you don't have a disc in this case you obviously have to have the whole thing on the hard drive.

# 515 mmdmaznn @ 03/07/13 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edm18
Anyone using the digital version seeing that lag issue reported in the other thread?

Also, how are the load times compared to last years disc version (or this years if you've played both)? Are they noticeably faster, especially during rtts. Thanks!

Only one guy talkin' here, but I've noticed a significant decrease to the in-between load time screens in RTTS (this year's digital copy over last year's disc version). At times last year, I wouldn't even get into RTTS if I was short on time because of the dreaded load screens.

This is not to say that there are NO load times, because they are still there...just shorter than last year.

Anyone else agree or think they're the same/longer?

# 516 rancid13 @ 03/07/13 07:12 PM
i was excited to see this years The Show go digital as being in Australia usually meant a long wait to import.. so i preordered from US psn store.. then the day after release (when EU psn stores get updated) what do i see, none other than The Show getting an EU release - zero mention that this was happening at all... yeah thanks for that Sony, now i have US version for no reason and can't even play it on my normal account, the game doesn't work. have to play on my US account. and yes digital version seems to have a lot less loading times xD awesome!

# 517 dalger21 @ 03/07/13 07:26 PM
For you guys that have the long downloads, Verizon FiOS is your friend (if it's in your area). Just a hint for next time. :P

# 518 bcruise @ 03/08/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
For you guys that have the long downloads, Verizon FiOS is your friend (if it's in your area). Just a hint for next time. :P
Aye, that's the rub. One option here, and it's not a great one.

# 519 Nooooovak @ 03/09/13 07:49 PM
Probably a dumb question, but how do we get the Franchise budget code? I figured they would message me, but it has been five days and I haven't seen anything.

# 520 Mabster @ 03/09/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooooovak
Probably a dumb question, but how do we get the Franchise budget code? I figured they would message me, but it has been five days and I haven't seen anything.
There's no code, it's already applied. Go to by our franchise, hit select to get to the bottom menus and scroll over to the store icon. The franchise money should show "purchased" or something like that. Select it and it should apply to your franchise.

From my N7 and Tapatalk HD

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.