Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Houston @ 02/28/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Everything will work the way it should with the digital copy. That is unless you don't have the HDD space for it, plan to have at least 40gb open for the download and install. As long as you got that you'll have no problems.
Thank as if you bought the game in the store and you installed it to your hard drive its the same exact game just you wont half to start from tray. It really loads faster and saves wear and tear on your CD ROM. I bought plenty of XBOX 360 games full games off the demand thing and just like it had the DISC of that game patches work the same when you start the game it will still prompt you to download patch. I don't see PS3 games being any different.

I would want to think that the size is reduced because its digital but your still get the same stuff if you went and bought the DISC. I hope this helps.

# 102 MrOldboy @ 02/28/13 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Thank as if you bought the game in the store and you installed it to your hard drive its the same exact game just you wont half to start from tray. It really loads faster and saves wear and tear on your CD ROM. I bought plenty of XBOX 360 games full games off the demand thing and just like it had the DISC of that game patches work the same when you start the game it will still prompt you to download patch. I don't see PS3 games being any different.

I would want to think that the size is reduced because its digital but your still get the same stuff if you went and bought the DISC. I hope this helps.
I don't think the size will be reduced at all, it should be the same exact data that is on the disc version.

Uncharted GOTY is 43.5gb, almost a full dual layer blurray. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...re-update-280/

You also have to think about your HDD, you might be saving wear and tear on your blurray drive, but putting more work on your HDD. I think the benefits of digital are still great, but its not as cut and dry as just "digital is better".

# 103 Houston @ 02/28/13 08:39 PM
Umm not exactly. Its a pre-order. Cant DL it until 3/5

# 104 savoie2006 @ 02/28/13 08:52 PM
Mine's preordered

# 105 JKorbini @ 03/01/13 12:13 AM
So i checked my download speed i downloaded the god of war acsension demo in about 30 mins that is close to 4 gb.

I figure if i start the download at 12 by morning it should be done?

# 106 Doormat @ 03/01/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKorbini
So i checked my download speed i downloaded the god of war acsension demo in about 30 mins that is close to 4 gb.

I figure if i start the download at 12 by morning it should be done?
Pretty sure it won't take more than 4 hours

# 107 bobeureally27 @ 03/01/13 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Umm not exactly. Its a pre-order. Cant DL it until 3/5

Uh...this thread, especially the title itself, establishes that it's a pre-order. I fail to see the point of your post.

# 108 porkchop @ 03/01/13 03:01 AM
Yeah I did this. I'm gonna be really peeved if I don't have the space for it though on my fatboy 80. I've been meaning to upgrade that disk for years and haven't. Since the show is the only PS3 game I play anymore I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for the heads up in this thread I had no idea they were even offering it up as a digital download. With my 100mb service, I might even get a quick exhibition in before bedtime!

# 109 aukevin @ 03/01/13 10:21 AM
I would like to go digital, but I'm not committing until I hear disk size. 20gb is fine, 40gb is not.

# 110 lopey986 @ 03/01/13 11:17 AM
According to the Playstation Store link for the game, the download is 1015KB.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...Chihiro_Launch

# 111 dkrause1971 @ 03/01/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
According to the Playstation Store link for the game, the download is 1015KB.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...Chihiro_Launch
Now that is some compression.

That is not the game size however.

# 112 lopey986 @ 03/01/13 11:25 AM
Haha no kidding. I am really curious where they got the 1015kb size that they are listing on the psn store website.

# 113 devilsjaw @ 03/01/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Haha no kidding. I am really curious where they got the 1015kb size that they are listing on the psn store website.
Thats the free theme you get when you preorder.

# 114 lopey986 @ 03/01/13 11:44 AM
Ah got ya. Makes sense.

# 115 lopey986 @ 03/01/13 11:46 AM
I downloaded nba 2k13 on xbox live and it was only 7 or 8 gb i believe. I can't imagine the show would be over 20gb.

# 116 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9
Someone earlier mentioned that PS3 games are much larger than xbox games.
Not necessarily. A lot of multiplatform games are the same size on PS3 a lot of tims. The games developed exclusively for PS3 though tend to be larger since they don't need to worry as much about space. Uncharted series, Ni No Kuni have all been huge lately 20-43gb.

Again I have reason to believe MLB 13 will be at least 20gb unless the game is smaller than past games. I won't explicitly say why I think that, but the info is out there for people to find.

It has to be over 10gb as there is an install of 10gb on the disc version. So just going off of that info its easy to believe it will be very large.

# 117 nemesis04 @ 03/01/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Not necessarily. A lot of multiplatform games are the same size on PS3 a lot of tims. The games developed exclusively for PS3 though tend to be larger since they don't need to worry as much about space. Uncharted series, Ni No Kuni have all been huge lately 20-43gb.

Again I have reason to believe MLB 13 will be at least 20gb unless the game is smaller than past games. I won't explicitly say why I think that, but the info is out there for people to find.

It has to be over 10gb as there is an install of 10gb on the disc version. So just going off of that info its easy to believe it will be very large.
It is going to be at least 20gb if not 20 on the nose.

# 118 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9
Do downloaded games freeze at all?
Not if your HDD isn't broken. It should run like any other game and most likely, unless in cases of poor optimization, will have faster load times.

# 119 CWSJ @ 03/01/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
I downloaded nba 2k13 on xbox live and it was only 7 or 8 gb i believe. I can't imagine the show would be over 20gb.
file sizes are different with xbox and ps3..

NBA2k13 is 9+GB while u said on xbox360 its 7 or 8

# 120 CWSJ @ 03/01/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
I don't think the size will be reduced at all, it should be the same exact data that is on the disc version.

Uncharted GOTY is 43.5gb, almost a full dual layer blurray. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...re-update-280/

You also have to think about your HDD, you might be saving wear and tear on your blurray drive, but putting more work on your HDD. I think the benefits of digital are still great, but its not as cut and dry as just "digital is better".
ya but you cant really compare Uncharted 3 GOTY to MLB The Show...

Uncharted is like watching a movie and playing a game. The amount of cutscenes and the length of them are crazy..plus with GOTY you are getting every single thing that has ever been released with that game.

my prediction for the file size will be 15-20gb

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.