Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

MLB 13 The Show is a "Day 1 Digital" game, which means if you pre-order from the PS Store, you can start downloading a digital copy of the game at 12:01 AM EST on March 5th.

As a bonus, if you pre-order from the PS Store you will receive an exclusive theme for your PS3 XMB menu screen and an extra 120 million for your Franchise budget.

At the moment, we only see the MLB 13 The Show Day 1 Digital pre-order available for the PS3, nothing on the PS Vita.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 MachoMyers @ 03/03/13 05:30 AM
Amazon.com and their $20 PSN cards sorted me right out. I am in for Thursday. Great job!

# 162 Slimair @ 03/03/13 07:47 AM
CouplE things i was wondering.
1. How long will it take to download.
2. How much memory does it take will i even have enough?
3. Are load times longer?

# 163 CRIP4LIFE @ 03/03/13 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimair
CouplE things i was wondering.
1. How long will it take to download.
2. How much memory does it take will i even have enough?
3. Are load times longer?
1. this is dependent on your internet download speed.

2. you mean "how much hard drive space does it take". we don't know but it will probably be in the 15-20gb range. without knowing the size of your current hard drive, nor how much of that you're already using, it's not possible to ascertain if you will have enough space on your hard drive to store mlb 13.

3. load times will assuredly be faster when using the digital version because blu-ray load times are slow. so any portion of content that would have been loaded from the disc will definitely be faster when comparing to the digital version.

# 164 MrOldboy @ 03/03/13 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
2. you mean "how much hard drive space does it take". we don't know but it will probably be in the 15-20gb range. without knowing the size of your current hard drive, nor how much of that you're already using, it's not possible to ascertain if you will have enough space on your hard drive to store mlb 13.
So far we know it will most likely be over 20gb from past game sizes.

You will need at least double the size of the download in order to install. This is important. Do not buy the game until you know you have enough space as with past games some people have bought games and could not install them as they had 40gb models and thought that they had enough room when they only had enough room to download and not install as well.

# 165 Slimair @ 03/03/13 08:44 AM
I got the 120gb.... And my net speed is 18.9gbps

# 166 MrOldboy @ 03/03/13 08:51 AM
Quote:
I got the 120gb.... And my net speed is 15.6
But like stated before it depends on multiple things.

Not your HDD size, but how much space you have.

I'd set aside at least 40-50gb for the game to be sure you have enough room, it might not even be enough for all we know or it could be too much room. You won't need it all for the game itself, but you need space for the download file, then the space for the install to go to. After install it would only take up the 20gb+ (if it is this large).

And most people report that they do not get their full connection speed downloading from PSN. Expect more like 50-70% of your connection speed. And the store can get bogged down when its being hammered right after the store updates. MLB 13 is supposed to go live at midnight so maybe this will be off peak traffic hours.

# 167 natey2k4 @ 03/03/13 08:56 AM
Not sure if this helps, but I bought Silent Hill 4: The Room off the Japanese PSN and play it on my regular Canadian account with no problems.

I used a Japanese PSN card (from ebay) when I did it so it was super easy.

I have heard DLC is region specific though, but since Silent Hill is a PS2 classic and doesn't have DLC, I couldn't tell you. The Show doesn't really have DLC either though, so that's good.

# 168 MrOldboy @ 03/03/13 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Not sure if this helps, but I bought Silent Hill 4: The Room off the Japanese PSN and play it on my regular Canadian account with no problems.

I used a Japanese PSN card (from ebay) when I did it so it was super easy.

I have heard DLC is region specific though, but since Silent Hill is a PS2 classic and doesn't have DLC, I couldn't tell you. The Show doesn't really have DLC either though, so that's good.
Yes DLC is region locked I think, which can be frustrating. Reading around it seems that there is little issue buying PSN content from other regions, but the one issue I keep seeing posted on other boards is the DLC region locking.

# 169 Slimair @ 03/03/13 09:02 AM
I got 87gb left so i should be ok thanks bro

# 170 orthostud23 @ 03/03/13 10:02 AM
I took the chance and pre-ordered through the PS store. Look forward to trying to download a game at midnight instead of driving/waiting at GS. Hopefully the PS maintenance won't interrupt or interfere with the download at midnight.

# 171 Slimair @ 03/03/13 11:56 AM
Just. Bought mine got excitedwhen it said download now but it was just the theme

# 172 rjn4 @ 03/03/13 12:51 PM
I am looking into getting the digital version of this game and had a quick question. In some of the pictures posted of people with the actual disk there is a free 30 day trial of mlb.tv premium.. I was wondering if this would be included with the digital download somehow? Really looking forward to getting my hands on this game, Thanks.

# 173 jeffy777 @ 03/03/13 08:02 PM
Just Pre-ordered.

# 174 porkchop @ 03/03/13 08:12 PM
Quote:
I got the 120gb.... And my net speed is 18.9gbps
Quoting this for epic Internet speed.

# 175 BobSacamano @ 03/03/13 08:20 PM
Love the convenience of the Day 1 digital... but man is that theme an eyesore. It's like staring at a TV-sized lightbulb. And the background clashes with the menu font, rendering everything unreadable.

# 176 Slimair @ 03/03/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
HAha just notice i did that

# 177 bbking26 @ 03/03/13 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
my speed is 50bps, any guess on dl time?

# 178 porkchop @ 03/03/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking26
my speed is 50bps, any guess on dl time?
your Internet speed is probably 50 megabps -- the bps stands for "bits per second."

There are eight bits in a byte. There are 1,024,000 bytes in a megabyte and 1,024 megabytes in a gigabyte. Assuming the d/l is 20 gigabytes in size, to find out how many minutes the download would take would be easy math:

((20,480,000,000/(51,200,000/8))/60) = 53.33 minutes (53'20")

This is the absolute fastest you would be able to pull down the 20 GB download, as long as you are getting the maximum throughput on your connection during the entire duration. Of course this is impossible and the figures represent the highest theoretical speed. For example, I have 100 mb/s Internet and I know for a fact that the game will take much longer than 26'40"

# 179 bautistabomb @ 03/03/13 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if you need to actually pre-order the game in order to get the $10 credit, the $120 Million budget for Franchise and the free theme? I was think of waiting until just after midnight to buy it and come on here to see how big the file is and how fast it was downloading for most people. Don't have a midnight release where I am, but if the game is gonna take 10+ hours to download I would just as soon wait to go to EB games when it opens up at 9am. I have no issues with my connection as I get 50Mbps down, but just worried the PSN will be really bogged down with everyone going on and downloading at midnight. Also PSN going down for maintenance tomorrow don't want to chance that there is delays and that I won't get the game as soon as possible.

# 180 bcruise @ 03/03/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Does anyone know if you need to actually pre-order the game in order to get the $10 credit, the $120 Million budget for Franchise and the free theme? I was think of waiting until just after midnight to buy it and come on here to see how big the file is and how fast it was downloading for most people. Don't have a midnight release where I am, but if the game is gonna take 10+ hours to download I would just as soon wait to go to EB games when it opens up at 9am. I have no issues with my connection as I get 50Mbps down, but just worried the PSN will be really bogged down with everyone going on and downloading at midnight. Also PSN going down for maintenance tomorrow don't want to chance that there is delays and that I won't get the game as soon as possible.
The $10 credit deal is seperate, that runs all the way through to the end of March and isn't limited to the Show. For every $50 you spend in March (and the few days before it since this was announced) you get $10 store credit back in April.

I'm not sure about the Theme and franchise bonus though (nor do I particularly care).

Hadn't heard about PSN maintenance tomorrow, either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.