Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 spike83 @ 02/27/13 07:28 PM
What concerns me more is what Flightwhite said in the impression thread:

"If there is a negative I would say its some noticeable stuttering at times during the game..."

# 42 andrewochs615 @ 02/27/13 07:37 PM
As an Orioles fan I am lucky enough to have Gary Thorn call games every night as the play by play guy for the O's.

I agree though presentation has lacked for awhile now. I am sure the World Series Celebrations are the same. And they emphasized the towels in the playoff games for this year, when they had them last year too. This game needs some presentation overhaul.

# 43 Archie56 @ 02/27/13 07:42 PM
I agree, the commentary needs alot of work. But hey, it could be worse, they could have Hawk Harrelson doing the play by play. Haha I'm teasing White Sox fans

# 44 bradpittjr @ 02/27/13 07:42 PM
Mlb 12 the show....

Jason Heyward's body is too strong

Freddie Freeman have big head

now.... mlb 13 the show ..... no change.

# 45 MVP9072 @ 02/27/13 07:48 PM
Im getting the game this year again with the ps3

But i will be turning off the volume this year while i play and just turn on some music or watch a mlb game while im playing

# 46 MVP9072 @ 02/27/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I agree, the commentary needs alot of work. But hey, it could be worse, they could have Hawk Harrelson doing the play by play. Haha I'm teasing White Sox fans
i would love to see that happen lol

# 47 crains13 @ 02/27/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpittjr
Mlb 12 the show....

Jason Heyward's body is too strong

Freddie Freeman have big head

now.... mlb 13 the show ..... no change.
Freddy Freeman have big head in real life.

# 48 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/27/13 07:50 PM
I'm just sick of Matt V's voice. I've been listening to it since 2005 or so.

Half the time, I turn off commentary completely. The sounds of the game itself are terrific.

# 49 Kernel Pie @ 02/27/13 08:05 PM
Wow; on the field looks like a stone cold roster update to me. Same pitcher/batter cutaways, same home run high-fives at home plate, same dull commentary. I was hoping to see a shot of the dugout greeting Harper after the home-run (as this game has always lacked that classic baseball image), or some more emotion in the booth, or something--but nope, just a rehash of the same stuff from last year.

I don't see this game as a major advancement on the field at all.

# 50 m1ke_nyc @ 02/27/13 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They don't manage it ( This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game. ), but if you think they do, then alright.
You must not have played NBA 2K. Commentary is out of this world. Full of emotion.

# 51 inkcil @ 02/27/13 08:21 PM
Another person here who loves the Show (I mean, seriously, how many of us chose or switched to PS3 largely due to the Show, myself included) but dreads the commentary. I agree Matt V. is the problem...he is the driest of dry of all sports gaming announcers. Yes, the commentary is bad, and it's made even more glaring because the rest of the game is so well done. The commentary therefore falls victim to the rest of the game. What I do is either turn off Matt and listen to the others, or I just put Matt on for rivalry or playoff games, that way when he does come in it feels like a "special" situation ie. they put an extra announcer in the booth for the big game/game of the week.

# 52 pirates1fan @ 02/27/13 08:30 PM
First of all, this commentary argument is a little rediculous. I am not saying it wouldn't be nice to have commentary like NBA 2K and MLB 2K, I just don't see why it is such a big deal to people. Unless you never skip a cut screen when you play, this shouldn't be an issue. For me, it isn't. People kind of just need to take it easy with it. Commentary in sports video games is very rarely very good, and only a couple of games, and just one company, 2K, has got it right.

And secondly, game looks great as usual, I was hoping for a little more with postseason, but it will probably feel different when I get to sit down, play it, and cut through the cut scenes.

# 53 adamj2281 @ 02/27/13 08:32 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with all that is said, and it's not so much that the commentary is bad all-around, just that I'd expect more excitement and variance in the Postseason mode since it was so hyped.

Other than a few new cut scenes and louder volume, I don't see a whole lot more. It's pretty bad that none of the sports games (except maybe NHL) can accurately bring alive different atmospheres (College Football, NFL Playoffs, Postseason Baseball, etc.)

# 54 treyraq @ 02/27/13 08:40 PM
Postseason mode--much needed addition to the series. And it looks great.

It's been said, but I can't get over that boring HR call. I'm not a stickler when it comes to commentary, but that was a very lame call. And Matt said "Let's go down to the PA Announcer for the starting lineups" or something and then...silence. Did I miss something?
Enough of that.

Only other thing that somewhat bugs me is that it says "Postseason" on the scorebug. Seems generic. As if the game is promoting this mode rather than reflecting real life.
Why doesn't it display "NLDS Game 1?"
I mean we know it's the postseason...

Aside from it all, we should be happy we have this new mode to gripe about

# 55 inkcil @ 02/27/13 08:40 PM
Who would have ever thought that "take some pine meat!" would be a welcome addtion to commentary in the year 2013...

...emotion has been done, good and bad for years and years. I think if the community spoke up for it SCEA would provide. But if it happens that the vocal majority defends the subpar commentary then oh well.

# 56 dran1984 @ 02/27/13 08:50 PM
Listening to Matt V. on the Hot Stove show on MLB Network is totally different. He's a real cool dude and his real life broadcast are good. But for the game it sounds like he is just reading lines and the rest of the guys don't have enough lines.

If anyone has heard his "Santa Maria" home run call you know he has the emotion in there. It would be great to hear the real Matt V. in the game.

But the game looks amazing. Can't wait.

# 57 Motown @ 02/27/13 08:53 PM
SCEA needs to grab Play-by-play man Jon Sciambi and analyst Chris Singleton & maybe Dan Shulman or Hershiser next year. book 'em Dano

# 58 slickkill77 @ 02/27/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Who would have ever thought that "take some pine meat!" would be a welcome addtion to commentary in the year 2013...

...emotion has been done, good and bad for years and years. I think if the community spoke up for it SCEA would provide. But if it happens that the vocal majority defends the subpar commentary then oh well.
I'm pretty sure boring commentary has been one of the biggest complaints with the series since I started coming here.

# 59 inkcil @ 02/27/13 09:07 PM
@slick...oh yeah you're right about that but what I'm saying is that most of us who wanted to see the improvement in that area thought it would have happened by now. But I;m glad they've made attempts with different voices, it's just that their main guy is the main "problem." The best thing they did - and hat's off to them for this - was to allow us to turn on/off each announcer individually. Brilliant!

# 60 Hockeynut99 @ 02/27/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
SCEA needs to grab Play-by-play man Jon Sciambi and analyst Chris Singleton & maybe Dan Shulman or Hershiser next year. book 'em Dano
I played Highschool baseball with Chris. Cool guy!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.