Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted a few MLB 13 The Show videos, which include gameplay and commentary from a Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs game, as well as ballpark views from Turner Field and Wrigley Field.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 zack4070 @ 02/28/13 04:30 PM
Whoa. Never seen that Cubs road alternate before. That was cool!!!!!!

# 2 Number2DJ @ 02/28/13 04:43 PM
Nice gameplay.

Also, I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks of slenderman every time I see Chris Sale..

# 3 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/28/13 05:11 PM
Beckham's stance is way off, but he has changed it this spring, so it's not that surprising.

Rios has a good stance, Dunn's is still really open for whatever reason. Kepp's looks fine.

Looks like I will have to change Sale's slider to a slurve again. Not that he doesn't throw a slider, but the game doesn't capture the crazy loopiness of his slider. In real life, it is VERY slurvy, tons of movement down and away.

# 4 jeffy777 @ 02/28/13 05:25 PM
I love the dude who made the video. I'll have to check out some of his other stuff.

# 5 MVP9072 @ 02/28/13 05:34 PM
Doesn't look like too much difference apart from the new controls on fielding

# 6 zack4070 @ 02/28/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I'm a Cubs fan and neither have I... wonder if the Cubs are actually wearing that... either way those numbers on the front really need to be moved to the other side to balance out the jersey. So glad they got the 84 road jerseys in as their road alternate.

Also it looks like the Sox 83 jerseys are in. I thought I had heard they weren't gonna make it.
I was thinking the exact same thing about switching the number to the other side.

# 7 woz411 @ 02/28/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Doesn't look like too much difference apart from the new controls on fielding
?????

new ball physics, new hitting, new interface.... etc

# 8 crains13 @ 02/28/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
?????

new ball physics, new hitting, new interface.... etc
There are some ppl on here you just cant please.

# 9 inkcil @ 02/28/13 05:57 PM
Incredible intro like he said...game looks great!

# 10 myghty @ 02/28/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2DJ
Nice gameplay.

Also, I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks of slenderman every time I see Chris Sale..
"Sale is so thin his number should be .049".

Ha-ha that cracked me up. Game looks sweet.

# 11 Sretep75 @ 02/28/13 06:41 PM
The guy who made the video did it really well! Props to him.

Cannot wait wil March 5th!!

# 12 rudyjuly2 @ 02/28/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
There are some ppl on here you just cant please.
Don't get over dramatic. Most sports games have the same look and feel from year to year. This series is no different. It's not easy to spot some of the subtle things that get changed unless you are looking for them or are very familiar with the series. The one thing you can definitely notice is the massive throwing meters for fielders. They should be smaller with some transparency imo.

# 13 Hockeynut99 @ 02/28/13 07:12 PM
The commentary needs a lot of work, but most games do. The animations and graphics look more life like this year.

# 14 willithome @ 02/28/13 07:29 PM
I still am playing 2012 right now and the new version looks a lot better graphically! It just looks more polished. I am totally excited for 2013 just by that alone and that doesn't even cover the new stuff they have put in!

# 15 crains13 @ 02/28/13 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Don't get over dramatic. Most sports games have the same look and feel from year to year. This series is no different. It's not easy to spot some of the subtle things that get changed unless you are looking for them or are very familiar with the series. The one thing you can definitely notice is the massive throwing meters for fielders. They should be smaller with some transparency imo.
I wasn't talking about myself....

# 16 LucianoJJ @ 02/28/13 07:36 PM
After listening to him rave about the opening to The Show this year, I tried to think of a sports game with a better opening. First, PYS 6. A close second, NCAA Football 11.

I still prefer PYS to The Show.

# 17 Kernel Pie @ 02/28/13 07:44 PM
Not really jumping for joy over these vids. The game looks a lot like '12. I didn't really see any new animations or cutaway shots, new post-pitch pitcher or batter movements, and the crowd was still in berserker mode in the top of the 1st, nobody out and a runner on, 0-0 count.

I'm sure the game is good, but have they really improved it foul-line to foul-line from '12? Doesn't look like it to me.

# 18 videobastard @ 02/28/13 07:49 PM
The new throwing meter is too large over the fielders body. Takes away any sense of immersion with the big colorful bar popping up over each fielder.

# 19 crains13 @ 02/28/13 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Not really jumping for joy over these vids. The game looks a lot like '12. I didn't really see any new animations or cutaway shots, new post-pitch pitcher or batter movements, and the crowd was still in berserker mode in the top of the 1st, nobody out and a runner on, 0-0 count.

I'm sure the game is good, but have they really improved it foul-line to foul-line from '12? Doesn't look like it to me.
Just 1 inning man.

# 20 Doormat @ 02/28/13 08:00 PM
Apart from that huge meter above the fielders (pretty sure it's an option to have it there) this looks pretty great!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.